Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Segovia Carpet

Dr Koukash in Sundays Racing Post

45 posts in this topic

Not a Salford fan but I love seeing the reaction from other clubs to the good Dr. My oh my is he rattling a few parochial cages. If only we had someone similar down here in London.

I think a Marwan Koukash would do London the world of good.  The southern media wouldn't be able to ignore him.  He isn't remotely parochial, he has a business head, a will to win and a complete disregard for towing the party line.  I think he's fab.

i know but steve has proved that he has what it takes to turn a club round and get them heading in the right direction, when he took us over we were in a far more perilous state than salford were and he has built the club as a solid business concern before targetting the better players to move us forward. that is really what marwan should be doing as a priority...

That is what Marwan is doing as a priority though.  He keeps on saying so in pretty much every press release.  Why do people keep ignoring what he is saying?

The southern media wouldn't be able to ignore him.

I think they'd have a damn good try.

I think a Marwan Koukash would do London the world of good.  The southern media wouldn't be able to ignore him.  He isn't remotely parochial, he has a business head, a will to win and a complete disregard for towing the party line.  I think he's fab.

Referencing the well told original tale, it'll be interesting to see if Koukash was contacted regarding London and Bradford prior to Salford.

Referencing the well told original tale, it'll be interesting to see if Koukash was contacted regarding London and Bradford prior to Salford.

I doubt it.  He lives in St Helens and so I couldn't see him considering either Bradford or London as clubs to be involved with.  Salford was a project right on his doorstep so to me seems like the only one on offer that would keep him near his beloved Chester Racecourse as well as at his family base.

I doubt it.  He lives in St Helens and so I couldn't see him considering either Bradford or London as clubs to be involved with.  Salford was a project right on his doorstep so to me seems like the only one on offer that would keep him near his beloved Chester Racecourse as well as at his family base.

Righto.

Lucky the Reds went belly up then wasn't it!

Righto.

Lucky the Reds went belly up then wasn't it!

Ha.  Somehow I don't think our esteemed leader would have chatted to Koukash on the plane if he didn't have a project already lined up but I guess you never know!

He's come out today and said he wants to add a football club to his empire. Just found out that that football club happens to be the world's greatest - yep, Oldham Athletic FC. Very excited if it all comes off - sod Salford and the salary cap Marwan, splash the cash on the Latics! ;-)

And apparently a TV Channel, according to Chris Irvine on twitter.. how much money does this bloke have?!.. I like Dr. Koukash..

And apparently a TV Channel, according to Chris Irvine on twitter.. how much money does this bloke have?!.. I like Dr. Koukash..

Salford City Red Hot XXX

A TV channel covering horse racing, rugby league and football, according to the BBC. Hmm...

Although I for one would gladly subscribe I cant see an Oldham Athletic/Salford Red Devils/Koukash gee gee's TV channel taking off! An internet channel, yes.

How much money does he actually have? He's not that loaded is he? Times richlist type of loaded? Anyway, he talks a good game and I shall endeavour to enjoy the ride

I asked this question on the Oldham forum, did he purchase Salford city stadium when he boughtvthe reds? Because if he buys the Latics then it's lock, stock and boundary park. No point paying rent when you own a decent stadium in prime rugby league territory! !!!

Although I for one would gladly subscribe I cant see an Oldham Athletic/Salford Red Devils/Koukash gee gee's TV channel taking off! An internet channel, yes.

How much money does he actually have? He's not that loaded is he? Times richlist type of loaded? Anyway, he talks a good game and I shall endeavour to enjoy the ride

Channel 4 has the pick of the horse racing sewn up for a few years now, so I don't really see him being able to get rights for anything that'll pull in subscribers from that sport. Football rights are expensive even at Oldham's level. Superleague? Sky have that and they have far more financial clout than Dr K. And if they didn't have exclusivity, they'd pay even less for it than they do now.

He's come out today and said he wants to add a football club to his empire. Just found out that that football club happens to be the world's greatest - yep, Oldham Athletic FC. Very excited if it all comes off - sod Salford and the salary cap Marwan, splash the cash on the Latics! ;-)

If this comes off what is the chances of Oldham Roughyeds getting a sweetheart deal to play at Boundary Park especially as they are in a DR deal with Salford.?

Could be important if they win promotion and Whitebank comes under adverse scrutiny from the standards people.

if it does come off it'd be fantastic if Oldham RL could be coaxed out of that dump and back to Boundary Park (which is also a dump but in comparison is Wembley Stadium).

Surely he could only be talking about an internet style thing - replays of the clubs games after the fact, interviews etc. If he isnt then perhaps he's insane :-)

TV channel? Sounds interesting.

He hasn't yet bought the stadium, think he is waiting for the council to become desperate to offload.

From the gossip it seems there is another hidden money man involved in all his deals. Sure someone said he was Dubai based.

Channel 4 has the pick of the horse racing sewn up for a few years now, so I don't really see him being able to get rights for anything that'll pull in subscribers from that sport. Football rights are expensive even at Oldham's level. Superleague? Sky have that and they have far more financial clout than Dr K. And if they didn't have exclusivity, they'd pay even less for it than they do now.

Chanel 4 has the pick of the terrestrial racing. 

Every meeting in this country is shown on one of two channels already (and on C4 at the big ones).

Racing UK is a subscription channel owned by a organisation set up to run the media on behalf of 33 courses (so they own it) they show their meeting on this channel.

At The Races is free on sky and Virgin and owned by Sky and Arena Leisure and has 27 of the courses signed up to them for coverage.

The Koukash channel could target these courses but it means going up against Sky.

Rugby League. Well as we know Super League on Sky, Championship on Premier Sport.

SL would mean going up against Sky again. I think he could poach the Championship games from Premier but could be a mini bidding war.

Football. Premier League/Champions League rights? Somehow i don't think he has a couple of billion down the back of the couch to go up against Sky and the very big boys. Championship? I would think these rights would still be out of the price range for the number of subscribers it would attract (ITV Digital). So its lower league as a poss.

Anyone get the feeling hes got ideas of taking over the world?

Personally i cannot see it being anything other than a Premier Sports, scale channel.

That said he has made good on nearly every one of his racing predictions (still waiting for his stated intention of winning  all 6/7 races in a day at Chester (going through the card) with horses he owns like he said he intends to do one day.