Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkeydo

Batley v Town teams and score updates

88 posts in this topic

would love to have briscoe in next week and allow brett to get more involved like the leigh game.forget about this one. Did acton get a run out

Briscoe and Flynn for next week please.

Lets forget about it - dunno why we even bothered to turn up if we took some of the fans attitudes - prime game to rest people / try different combinations that haven't worked thus far this season - will all be rosey when we in next week. Have we got any more cup quarters coming up? . Seemed like a big effort by the players in defence today mind - well done - same side the problem as usual ?

the lads put a good effort in by the sounds of it. We were away to a good side with a weakend team and in the words of batley fan the scoreline flattered them. So well done lads but as for the fixture itself it was just a distraction and most fans see it as not as important as the league.

Briscoe and Flynn for next week please.

definitley. Some of The jampot fans are calling for them to use 5 DR next week so we should use it too.we dont need 5 but defo flynn and briscoe would be good.

As I said , after a job lot of derby defeats that really hurt I'll be interested to see what they get from Saints .

Bet the Coxmeister General wont be moaning about DR then if they do load up !!

I don't know what Cox and Woods were complaining about.   The rule on the subject is in the RFL's Operational Rules, B5.2 (d), Issue 11, which was published in January 2013.    Nobody sprung anything on Haven, or Town for that matter, just somebody didn't do their homework!!!

He was moaning today,I think he thinks everything is a conspiracy against the jam. Something along the lines of Leigh have got Wigan dual reg  players in but haven haven't been allowed to use their dual reg players. Same rules for everyone I think you will find. He is a disgrace to radio Cumbria and the jam eaters.

We could be playing ST.havens next week lol

don't be saying that birdbrainKM will be saying stuff about you on the st haven forum

Did JC mistake Jordan Hand for Matty Palmer? I thought Hand from St Helens was playing for them?

It was havens choice who they played in the previous round as a DR player. Once that game was played then the rules are very clear. Or does his haven bias ignore them? Sad really, that we have him representing Cumbrian Rugby League on the radio.

Did JC mistake Jordan Hand for Matty Palmer? I thought Hand from St Helens was playing for them?

It was havens choice who they played in the previous round as a DR player. Once that game was played then the rules are very clear. Or does his haven bias ignore them? Sad really, that we have him representing Cumbrian Rugby League on the radio.

You could maybe excuse Cox for not knowing the rules but Woods in his after match comments made some remark about not being able to play their DR players as the RFL had introduced a new rule!!!!!    

No - I'm not questioning the players effort at all - the ones I'm questioning is the fans views wanting to send weakened teams etc - it's a cup quarter final ffs! Like I say it will be all good should we win next week won't it - people call for changes in coaches / players saying they're not good enough - then they progress in a comp they want out of!!! If players were injured for today fair enough - it was 10 -0 until 50 - 60 mins ... We had nothing to fear going there

don't be saying that birdbrainKM will be saying stuff about you on the st haven forum

he already has replied on there to what I have said about their use of DR next week on here. So he does still visit us.

No - I'm not questioning the players effort at all - the ones I'm questioning is the fans views wanting to send weakened teams etc - it's a cup quarter final ffs! Like I say it will be all good should we win next week won't it - people call for changes in coaches / players saying they're not good enough - then they progress in a comp they want out of!!! If players were injured for today fair enough - it was 10 -0 until 50 - 60 mins ... We had nothing to fear going there

I see your point but surely you agree the league is far more important and has to take priority.

It was very close at that point (after 60 mins) and the difference was made by the interception which got us out of jail a bit. We were not playing especially well at that point. I don't think Workington really ever really threatened us for any real length of time but were only out of it in the last twenty minutes.

No fan was asking to send a weakened team.   Someone asked where Walne was and I replied probably keeping him for next week.   If you heard Charlo after the match he said Walne had a touch of cold or some minor ailment.    He also said that Walne, Stack and Olstrum should be okay for next week, so I don't know what your problem is?      

scott is more than entitled to his opinion and i hate the attitude that because he dosent play he cant say a bad word against a player.he pays his money and is entitled to his opinions. calders is off form and is costing us tries. anyone who says differently isnt watching the same games. yes he should be kept in the squad, but on current form he shouldnt play next week.

thought your ex SL players Dowes, Thackray Calderwood were very average today,  Lupton was very poor  created nothing and only Carter looked capable of making a break.Unlucky with a great long pass from Forber in the 2nd half which would have made it 10-4 but Campbell pulled off a brilliant intercept to make it 16-0 and it was game over.

He was aware of Jordan Hand but he doesn't count because he's been with them for most of the games and is likely to be with them for the most of the remaining games. The mans an oaf.

If you read this board all week all the posts have been negative about the game / competition - yes obviously it is important to survive but when people ask for players to be rested etc and saying the result doesn't matter - these same people would be moaning if they went with 15 n got 60 through them - we should be looking to win all games - it just annoys me that ever since the draw was made everyone was on a downer giving us no chance - it's ok "resting" for next week .. But sometimes next week never comes

scott is more than entitled to his opinion and i hate the attitude that because he dosent play he cant say a bad word against a player.he pays his money and is entitled to his opinions. calders is off form and is costing us tries. anyone who says differently isnt watching the same games. yes he should be kept in the squad, but on current form he shouldnt play next week.

Eh? Who said anything like that Wonky? Am I also not entitled to disagree with Scott when he said that Calders could leave. At no point did I try and belittle Scott, I asked what would happen to our thin squad in the case of injuries if he left. IMO Calderwood will be quite aware of his poor form, and while Scott or whoever it may be are entitled to air their opinions on a forum, I don't think it will help anyone's form or confidence when fans are wanting to show them the door half way through a season.

We were in the game at 10-0 until the Forber mistake! Until that point we could have been ahead and fluffed 2 golden chances! But with that said I think the score line didn't reflect the performance we put in! Acton was magnificent today but also James Robinson must be mentioned today for a squad player he really stood up and put it in all attack and defence and also shackley again consistent!

We should hold u

We should hold up our heads high as batley are a great team who play lovely expansive rugby and took there tries especially the last 2 brilliantly!

If thacks and calders are in the team next week I hope they justify it as today they Wernt at the races! But onwards and upwards, up the town

We should hold up our heads high as batley are a great team who play lovely expansive rugby and took there tries especially the last 2 brilliantly!

If thacks and calders are in the team next week I hope they justify it as today they Wernt at the races! But onwards and upwards, up the town

Eh? Who said anything like that Wonky? Am I also not entitled to disagree with Scott when he said that Calders could leave. At no point did I try and belittle Scott, I asked what would happen to our thin squad in the case of injuries if he left. IMO Calderwood will be quite aware of his poor form, and while Scott or whoever it may be are entitled to air their opinions on a forum, I don't think it will help anyone's form or confidence when fans are wanting to show them the door half way through a season.

i think it was town82 who said scott should try playing on the wing. never mentioned you at all voodoo