Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkeydo

Batley v Town teams and score updates

88 posts in this topic

Calm down it was a joke... Everyone can have an opinion, but to get on someone's back won't help with their confidence or form... Lets get behind the lads next week and get the massive win.

That Batleyite mentioned Thacks not being so good , and I do think he hasn't been in consistent form this year . We've seen the odd purple patch and then other games not so good . I hope from Sunday we start to see the raging bull we know for the run in . He must expect being a marked man , but I know he has the tools to counter that .

i think it was town82 who said scott should try playing on the wing. never mentioned you at all voodoo

Ok marra, thought you were on about my reply as you never mentioned anyone.

That Batleyite mentioned Thacks not being so good , and I do think he hasn't been in consistent form this year . We've seen the odd purple patch and then other games not so good . I hope from Sunday we start to see the raging bull we know for the run in . He must expect being a marked man , but I know he has the tools to counter that .

IMO Thacks has lost too much weight, he looks much lighter than last year and doesn't seem to be as powerful in the collision.

He was aware of Jordan Hand but he doesn't count because he's been with them for most of the games and is likely to be with them for the most of the remaining games. The mans an oaf.

Well he must be aware that Tom Spencer has been on DR for the last 2 seasons for Leigh or is his one eyed bias so consuming.

That's just my opinion about calders there's a lot of people who said the same at today's game,

Maybe I was a bit harsh about saying he should leave but he has done nothing all season

I agree with the King of Leon.

At 10 - 0 Workington could have made it 10-6 when the pass went out and was intercepted by Campbell.

The scoreline flattered the Bulldogs today,

Well done to the Town fans who travelled down today,,,a credit to your club.

Thought the young half back Phillips is a great prospect, looked dangerous at times. Talking to your coach before the game and he was confident of a win, a nice bloke.

he already has replied on there to what I have said about their use of DR next week on here. So he does still visit us.

Poor old BKM will be bricking it this week leading up to the game, his nerves will be frazzled, another home defeat to us would be a nightmare for them. As usual it could go either way, if we lose this one then so be it, we have had a great run against them and they are due a win. Let's hope we keep the run going, but if we lose lets not make out it's the end of the world.

With a full fit squad we can make it eight on the trot, if we do you will be able to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth for miles around.

UP THE TOWN

I don't know what Cox and Woods were complaining about.   The rule on the subject is in the RFL's Operational Rules, B5.2 (d), Issue 11, which was published in January 2013.    Nobody sprung anything on Haven, or Town for that matter, just somebody didn't do their homework!!!

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/workington-town-coach-charlton-turns-attention-to-league-after-cup-exit-1.1063310?referrerPath=sport/town

seems your own club didnt know them then as well ,as they were not informed until lte they couldn't use them.

Its a strange one this al the fans were talking about this for weeks before the games, but reading both coaches comments it seems the RFL did not confirm anything until very late on

That's just my opinion about calders there's a lot of people who said the same at today's game,

Maybe I was a bit harsh about saying he should leave but he has done nothing all season

About a month ago everyone said he was playing class and warranted his spot in the side... Dip in form and you say he should leave. I think u were being a bit harsh.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/workington-town-coach-charlton-turns-attention-to-league-after-cup-exit-1.1063310?referrerPath=sport/town

seems your own club didnt know them then as well ,as they were not informed until lte they couldn't use them.

Its a strange one this al the fans were talking about this for weeks before the games, but reading both coaches comments it seems the RFL did not confirm anything until very late on

Sloppy work by both coaches then, not knowing the rules.    At the bottom of the page in the Operational Rules section covering this it says published in January 2013.    As you say fans have been talking about this for some weeks so how did they (we) get to know?   Why would the RFL need to confirm what is written in the rules?

About a month ago everyone said he was playing class and warranted his spot in the side... Dip in form and you say he should leave. I think u were being a bit harsh.

I didn't say he deserved he's spot last month have a look at most of the games this year he's been terrible apart from the Sheffield game