Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGD

STATE OF ORIGIN - GAME II - NSW vs QLD - Wed 26 Jun

62 posts in this topic

We have seen players sin binned before in Origin for fighting haven't we? What's changed?

The ref got it wrong last time allowing Gallen to throw punches without sending him to cool down.

"Throw a punch and it's an automatic 10 mins." Did they tell everyone this apart from the players, or was 'roid rage kicking in.

Roid rage? Please explain?

The side affect of taking steroids leaves you with a short temper. A particular trait of nightclub dooormen.

Not to be confused with "roydrage" sometimes associated with traffic problems in Yorkshire.

Hodges clearly threw punches but nobody seemed to see it. The blues got rodgered by the refs in that 1st twenty..game over

Hodges is a good player, but jesus doesn't he think he is the toughest? I did laugh a little when he seemed not to want to get involved with Fifita towards the end of the game

Hodges clearly threw punches but nobody seemed to see it. The blues got rodgered by the refs in that 1st twenty..game over

Hodges is a good player, but jesus doesn't he think he is the toughest? I did laugh a little when he seemed not to want to get involved with Fifita towards the end of the game

I saw it live and missed Hodges punches but you are right he let go with two left hands on Merrin.

I did not see what happened with Fifita.

The Blues were penalised a lot early but the strip had two in the tackle and most other penalties were not without reason.

Something the Blues and the refs should look at is the way the blues players handled the tackled players as they played the ball, often grabbing around their head or in some cases slapping or cuffing the player after he played the ball.

I am surprised that did not cause some fights, Fifita in particular was lucky with just a penalty in the second half.

The side affect of taking steroids leaves you with a short temper. A particular trait of nightclub dooormen.

Yeah I knew that part, I was just wondering who was on steroids that's all. Poster seems to know something that we don't.

Like the super league the referees want to make themselves part of the game. Eddie and Stevo might love talking about the Ref's decisions but the average fan wants to watch the game.

Like in everyday life if you try and police things without common sense you end up spoiling what your trying to protect

I saw it live and missed Hodges punches but you are right he let go with two left hands on Merrin.

I did not see what happened with Fifita.

The Blues were penalised a lot early but the strip had two in the tackle and most other penalties were not without reason.

Something the Blues and the refs should look at is the way the blues players handled the tackled players as they played the ball, often grabbing around their head or in some cases slapping or cuffing the player after he played the ball.

I am surprised that did not cause some fights, Fifita in particular was lucky with just a penalty in the second half.

The two early ball strips were strips but both calls went Q's way. I also thought the refs seemed to allow the Q's an age to lay on and wrestle the NSW players.  That first twenty drained the blues of most of their energy and probably their confidence.

Merrit will take the fall for the loss and to be fair as good player he is, he shouldn't have been in the team. An reason why the other Morris or Williams do not get picked?

Heh, both Morris boys played. Not the greatest endorsement for Brett if you didn't even know he played.

I would've debuted Taufua personally. Not sure if Gordon was fit, I might've opted for him. Not sure about Game 3. Really wish Fergo wasn't a complete idiot.

Heh, both Morris boys played. Not the greatest endorsement for Brett if you didn't even know he played.

I would've debuted Taufua personally. Not sure if Gordon was fit, I might've opted for him. Not sure about Game 3. Really wish Fergo wasn't a complete idiot.

lol really? how the hell did i miss that..