Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGD

STATE OF ORIGIN - GAME II - NSW vs QLD - Wed 26 Jun

62 posts in this topic

Queenslander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shout:  :shout:  :shout:  :shout:  :shout:  :shout:  :shout:  :shout:  :shout:

14-0 HT

Well David Smith the CEO of the NRL and the match officials has ruined State of Origin. No need for 4 sin bins with the brawl. Idiots

Who was the first in the bin?

Only Merrin should have gone for 10, but in the usual silly style they send two from each team to make it even, Tate apparently went for a push and then head butting Merrin's fist.

They should have never set a rule before the game, I thought the Refs were pretty ordinary tonight in many ways.

If you tackle a player one on one and the ball comes out is that an automatic knock on against you every time?

It certainly has not always been the case in WC finals.

Powerful stuff from Queensland, they were in control from start to finish.

Putting 4 players in the sinbin was utterly ridiculous.  What exactly did Brent Tate do other than get chinned by Merrin?  I know it all started when he pushed Gallen off the tackle but you see that sort of thing all the time so surely it can't have been for that?

4 were sent at the same time. Technically Tate, then Hodges, Merrin, then Bird.

Bird the only one who didn't throw a punch.

Merrin blatant. Hodges and Tate clearly did on replay despite what the commentary thought.

To the letter of these new laws, it should've been QLD down to 11, NSW 12.

Still, a complete farce. That really took the wind out of Origin. Send Merrin and Tate off maybe. Merrin for blatant painfully dumb punches, Tate for interfeering with defence and perhaps punching as well. But really, penalty to QLD and play on is what fans really wanted.

Well done, QLD. Ferocious football. Those inconsistent strip calls and not calling Slater way offside early had me angry, but by the end QLD just way, way better.

We're really up against it for the decider now.

Well David Smith the CEO of the NRL and the match officials has ruined State of Origin. No need for 4 sin bins with the brawl. Idiots

Apparently Smith is a member of this Forum and he changed the refs rules before this game based on a thread from SOO 1 right here.

The uproar here about Gallens attack on Bighead swayed him.

Guys, watch the replay. Tate clearly throws at least two uppercuts.

4 were sent at the same time. Technically Tate, then Hodges, Merrin, then Bird.

Bird the only one who didn't throw a punch.

Merrin blatant. Hodges and Tate clearly did on replay despite what the commentary thought.

To the letter of these new laws, it should've been QLD down to 11, NSW 12.

Still, a complete farce. That really took the wind out of Origin. Send Merrin and Tate off maybe. Merrin for blatant painfully dumb punches, Tate for interfeering with defence and perhaps punching as well. But really, penalty to QLD and play on is what fans really wanted.

Well done, QLD. Ferocious football. Those inconsistent strip calls and not calling Slater way offside early had me angry, but by the end QLD just way, way better.

We're really up against it for the decider now.

I did not see Tates Punch and Hodges appear to grab

a player much like Bird rather than hit anyone.

Merrin was the instigator he should have gone, that's it.

I take your word for it but what's he supposed to do if he's being attacked like that?

I'd have to agree with AndyCapp that only Merrin should have gone.

Oh well, at least we have a decider for Origin III. :) I hadn't realised the Guardian were doing a Live Blog. Thanks to their publishing interests down under, you can get quite a lot of RL news off the Guardian's website these days. I'm hoping to have got internet radio capability back by match 3.

Hodges was swinging his arm. Seen clearly at least twice, connecting with his forearm to Merrins head.

MrFussy, I was referencing the new law. Throw one and you're in the bin apparently. That means Tate.

The Refs and the commentators must have missed it like Pearce's swinging arm on Slater that he retaliated to and was penalised for.

Anyway, it was alot better start by Qld this time, the kicking game was on the mark and the Forwards set the platform, JT was nearly back to form and should never have been in SOO1.

Sets the stage for three weeks time, close game with Qld winning.  ;)

MrFussy, I was referencing the new law. Throw one and you're in the bin apparently. That means Tate.

You're quite right, under the new law if he threw the punches he had to go, that's one of the reasons that it's not very fair.  Surely you should have the right to defend yourself?  You can't just stand there getting your head punched in on the assumption that the referee will send the offender off as soon as he's finished beating you up.

Yep, I agree with that, MrFussy. Tate had to defend himself. Obvious flaw in the rule.

Andy, also agree. Sets up a decider now, and it'll be huge. Another ANZ sellout, which would surely come close to series crowd record.

If they'd of dealt with the Gallen incident in origin 1 none of this would of happened. Gallen should of gone for ten in that one and Merrin for ten in game 2 and that would be it. Instead they dealt with the first incident weakly and now because of that they've now gone over board with this one.

"Throw a punch and it's an automatic 10 mins." Did they tell everyone this apart from the players, or was 'roid rage kicking in.

I recorded the match and have only just watched it.

I enjoyed the Cas/Hull and Wire/Wigan games more than I enjoyed the Origin 2 game.  I didn't think Origin 1 was especially marvellous.  Hope Origin 3 is better.

I always get the impression that Gallen, Watmough, Bird, Farrah are more intent on showing how tough they are rather than do the job that they are supposed to do, get their team some forward drive.   Every tackle is a battle for these four - crazy!!!

The refereeing was terrible, even before the 'brawl'.

For the first twenty minutes Hayne was determined to give anything and everything to Queensland, and he did.

There are some on here who want Australians to administrate our game. No thanks. The way they ##### around with the rules of the game based on one game or incident is shameful.

What was wrong with keeping the rules the same as the formula seems to have worked so far.

Today's game didnt seem the same intensity in some aspects and certainly when the 4 were sinbinned it killed it a bit.

I'm not wanting fights all the time, but what you lose is intensity when you have stupid rules like this