Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiders96

Predictions for Featherstone

72 posts in this topic

Unfortunately Barrow have give up and people are leaving early, 6-48 now.

6-58 fev scoring on every set now

fisticuffs! Mcgoff and bryant sin binned

Full time 6-60 to fev............ :sclerosis:

Result have also gone against us,

swinton won and so did keighley  

That was absolutely abysmal. No effort whatsoever. I can accept a gulf in class which their evidently was today but I can't watch a Barrow side just not putting it in.

It's been evident that Harrison and Haggerty have been carrying the pack this season. Usually they have outstanding games and one or two of the props plays well, they weren't in the pack and Featherstone just ran over the top of us nearly every tackle. Jones going off half way into the first half didn't help us either who usually gets through a heck of a lot of tackles.

Our defence is just non existent. A defence coach has to be brought in if I'm honest. There's no real technique and we rarely dominate the collision.

Hewer was fairly poor but he was not the reason we lost. He made about 5 obvious errors. We must of made around 20 just basic mistakes.

Mossop was missed badly their Hookers made so many metres off scooting whilst Dandy just didn't make any.

The worrying thing was I still think Featherstone had another gear in them. If Im really honest I'd say at least 8 of that squad who played today arent good enough for this division.

first rant . hewer you are gutless. I bet the fev player gets a 2 game or more ban. if game was in dying stages you would have sent him off. bottled it . anyway what can we take from todays game? Campbell  is such a waste at full back. don't get me wrong he doesn't do much wrong but in this barrow team we don't have a lot of creativity and it showed big time today, cammy shouldn't be playing fullback, we should have sorted this out in the freindlies  at the start of season and got one in on loan or signed up. every man and his dog could tell you mcgillvery wasn't a fullback. this in my view was a massive error by the coaching staff.

I know we had some injuries but was this the same barrow that played Sheffield a few weeks ago and pushed them all the way? I thought Sheffield on that day were a better side than fev today but we just never turned up.

man of match I give toal, for his commitment in his tackling but was hard pushed to name anyone else. safe journey home rovers fans.

This was the first time in many seasons that I could not see any positives at all in the way the team played.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that if Darren will not stand aside and allow a new coach to take over and bring in new players then we are in for relegation.

We need new players to bolster the side immediately and it appears that Darren does not think so. He will take us down with that attitude and we cannot afford for this great club to fail because of one mans ego.

The Raiders have played very well in spells this season but something is wrong with the teams current attitude, lack of direction, basic tackling skills and tactical awareness and these problems to  have be sorted immediately or we have had it in this league.

Darren was keen to let us know that he knew of the internal team problems during Des's era, he should know that similar rumours are doing the rounds in his.

This was the first time in many seasons that I could not see any positives at all in the way the team played.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that if Darren will not stand aside and allow a new coach to take over and bring in new players then we are in for relegation.

We need new players to bolster the side immediately and it appears that Darren does not think so. He will take us down with that attitude and we cannot afford for this great club to fail because of one mans ego.

The Raiders have played very well in spells this season but something is wrong with the teams current attitude, lack of direction, basic tackling skills and tactical awareness and these problems to  have be sorted immediately or we have had it in this league.

Darren was keen to let us know that he knew of the internal team problems during Des's era, he should know that similar rumours are doing the rounds in his.

At last, at last!, someone else can see it, do the right think Holt, although i now think its too late

Abysmal effort today...one foot in Champ 1 now

What an embarrasment.Absolutely shocking defence,Fev made our players look like fools. In the last 30 minutes they seemed to score at will.

I thought Hewer had a fair game, he made a few mistakes, but for both sides. In saying that, i would like to know what the penalty count was.

Unbelievable some people on here get a grip! No wonder not many people come on anymore.

We were simply outclassed by a far superior team today,but it's not over until the fat lady sings!

Yeah and we have been unlucky every other game this year hp beans? Get a grip yourself pal, if this was 2 years ago Holty would be on here writing an essay on whats wrong

What ever personal views are where on earth is the money coming from to get new players and  where are they going to come from at this stage in the season.

I didn't think that it was one of the best Fev teams I've seen but it was far too good for Barrow. I agree with all the other comments that Barrow's defence was non existent and there was little penetration in attack. The only time the Fev defence was stretched was in about half a dozen occasions when the ball was moved wide instead of ploughing down the middle.

To make matters even worse Swinton beat Hunslet 36-6 and Keighley beat Doncaster 34-10. We are now bottom. One point below Hunslet.

It was interesting that Acky had the unenviable task of being interviewed on RC today.

Shocking performance not helped by players playing out of position for no reason, and our three best 'go forward' players missing. Not looking good.

well we were out classed and out played. Fev never even got out of second gear where as we were in self destruct mode. it was a good crowd bolstered by a good away following who on this occasion behaved impeccably.

Question is "are we good enough"....

Answer "NO""

so where are we going wrong? 

Are we lacking the skills? No I believe after watching certain games we have the skills, speed and determination to win any game.

Are we playing out of position? Yes we are, bull was played by cresta at second row as a one off. since then everyone thinks he his a forward. play him back in the centre where he scores his tries and defends to his best. before you say it I know he didn't play today but I am making a point.

Get a true full back and play our half backs where they should be played. Get some pace back in the squad and maybe have a look again at the local talent who will put a committed game in with some passion (Adam Nicholson).

I honestly thought when it kicked off the first time today that we showed some passion and that the best thing to happen was that we took it to them even at the cost of a couple of yellow cards..but after the first battle we were beaten..no passion, no pride and no effort and that only equates to no fans paying £15.00 through the gate.

Shocking performance not helped by players playing out of position for no reason, and our three best 'go forward' players missing. Not looking good.

If your on about Harrison, Mossop and Bruie, then Harrison and Mossop were injuried and Bruie couldn't play as his dad died

I think we missed Mossops scoots from dummy half! We need a new fullback that's solid in defence and safe under pressure and high balls, that way cammy can go back to 7 and control the game a bit more

it saddens me to see Barrow in this situation. you have been badly let down by the previous regime and it's taking a long time to recover. also you are not being helped by other clubs taking advantage of this ridicoulus dual reg system. i really, really hope you get through this and become a force once again. good luck people. red hall may not know it, but rugby league needs Barrow.

The problem is, where do we go from now. Something isn't right somewhere. Is it time to for Darren to stand aside and let someone else take over the reigns. Is it the players who aren't pulling their weight.

After our game against Sheffield I thought we were in for a real shout yesterday, but to put a display on like that, no wonder supporters were walking out. And thats where the problem lies. When they start walking out and say there not coming back, where does the money come from. We've always got the hardcore supporters but the club won't survive on them alone with the debt we are in.

Someone needs to find an answer and soon.

Can the club finance  2 trips to London, 1 to South Wales and 1  to Oxford, and maybe 1 to Gloucester if they stay up.

I just hope the business plan has accounted for crowds of 5-600 if we do get relegated.....I suspect not so where does that leave us

Like I said earlier we have one foot in Champ 1 but the other foot is still scrabbling about in the Championship... so it isnt all over yet, but on yesterdays performance (or lack of it), I fear the worst :( ... albeit we have to remember that we were missing our most influential forward, our best prop, our best hooker and 2 halfbacks who have half decent kicking games.

York away is massive now