Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

team and predictions for haven away.

188 posts in this topic

Not alot in it our pack will be key for us IMO. A town win by 8-12 points. No doubt they will raise their game and come out of the blocks at 100 mph as usual.

Team. Carter, miller, red (if fit) connor if not, mossop, flynn, lupton, callum, coward, matty, dowes, stack, brett p , olstrum. Subs. Walne thacks acton briscoe.

Jam 8-26 Town.

Briscoe

Flynn

Mossop

Connor

Miller

Lupton

Phillips

Walne

Matty

Coward

Phillips

Stack

Olstrum

Acton

Thackray

Shacks

Carter

Briscoe (if available) miller mossop Connor Flynn (if available) carter Phillips thackaray mattinson coward stack Phillips Lupton subs dowes acton Olstrum walne

Not sure of any injuries from today other than morris(anyone know how bad) but if there was no more then its likely we wont bring DR in as we may be a little spoiled for choice if stack olstrum and walne return plus a possible new signing.

We won't be getting Flynn next week either he will be back in there 17 tomorrow no doubt and onwards

Spoiled for choice in the forwards but not in the backs . I'd get DR backs .

Spoiled for choice in the forwards but not in the backs . I'd get DR backs .

better spoiled in the forwards than backs I suppose. Carter miller mossop connor calderwood lupton callum should be achievable. I would like briscoe in but that means brett to the bench.not sure he deserves to be benched but it did work well against leigh.

briscoe

miller

connor

mossop

flynn

carter

callum

dowes

matty

coward

stack

phillips

olstrum

thacks

lupton

acton

walne

town by 10.

briscoe

miller

connor

mossop

flynn

carter

callum

dowes

matty

coward

stack

phillips

olstrum

thacks

lupton

acton

walne

town by 10.

Just about what I would go with apart from Carter on the bench and Lupton to start purely tactical. Think they'll always go with Luppy just to help control things and allow our more creative players a free role.

Yes we have the numbers in the backs but not the cutting edge all along the line .Briscoe and Flynn or another if available tops the quality up . If you get territory and opportunities gotta have as much ammo as possible to take them . I'm not worried about a fixed position for Carter , he can use his box of tricks anywhere . He'll just roam and do his thing . Lupton with Callum definitely , it helps Callum and in this kind of helter skelter game the wise old string puller is vital .

Just about what I would go with apart from Carter on the bench and Lupton to start purely tactical. Think they'll always go with Luppy just to help control things and allow our more creative players a free role.

looking at it, its a very very strong 17 we can put out. i think we will have too much for the tax dodgers.

Aye if we could put those 17 out we'll all be happy . If Red was fit I'd have to squeeze him in the centres but if not no worries .

does anyone know if flynn is in the widnes squad tomorrow night. i know hes missed out a few recently so fingers crossed they dont want him this or next week either, or if they dont mind the rest of the season will do us nicely.

to answer my own question, paddy is in the widnes squad. red at centre with mossop to the wing then if andy is fit.

Town 32 jam 26 its gona be nippy ###### time 5 mins from the end like it all ways is but 3 points will do

Is briscoe not getting a look in at widnes or is he in and out. Thought his positioning and breaking into the line was outstanding against leigh and his constant talking to the line from behind was good.

to answer my own question, paddy is in the widnes squad. red at centre with mossop to the wing then if andy is fit.

There's a Widnes fan posted on their forum that Flynn isn't training with the Widnes squad and probably wont play for the first team again this season!!!!

But why include him in their 19 man squad???

Is briscoe not getting a look in at widnes or is he in and out. Thought his positioning and breaking into the line was outstanding against leigh and his constant talking to the line from behind was good.

never gets a look in mate. he should be available every game for town

We should take briscoe for the rest of season. Hope he plays at *haven

There's a Widnes fan posted on their forum that Flynn isn't training with the Widnes squad and probably wont play for the first team again this season!!!!

But why include him in their 19 man squad???

that seems an odd one keith. if he isnt training with them tben hopefully we can get him up here on a regular basis

Town going to Fev on 30 June.

thats good,get the 2 away games on a sunday if possible to give us as big of a chance at a bp as possible. then drag the biggest whinges in rugby league up here on a tues or wed night. that will suit mr march

thats good,get the 2 away games on a sunday if possible to give us as big of a chance at a bp as possible. then drag the biggest whinges in rugby league up here on a tues or wed night. that will suit mr march

Which other Sunday is there when we could play Sheffield?    If they reach the NR Cup Final that takes away the only other Sunday by my reckoning!!!!

The RFL should have made Keighley come up midweek at the time of the postponement.

I sooo hope those lovely Cougarites have to traipse up here on a Tuesday or Wednesday night ... That original decision not to enforce the immediate midweek playing looks even more stupid now .

Which other Sunday is there when we could play Sheffield? If they reach the NR Cup Final that takes away the only other Sunday by my reckoning!!!!

The RFL should have made Keighley come up midweek at the time of the postponement.

were away to sheffield on sunday the 14th july and at home to keighley on wednesday 14th august. 8pm ko.