Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

team and predictions for haven away.

188 posts in this topic

Very interesting that ... Hopefully Briscoe and Flynn are two . With the Beast and Stacky back shouldn't really need anyone else , but be fascinating to see what happens . Craven's a gem if he were available but not sure where we'd fit him in .

I like (for once) that I can't really guess the squad or team formation. I hope this scenario continues this week until the formal team announcement deadline. Keep Whitehaven guessing!

We're as strong at the moment as any stage in recent times ... On paper . Still gotta deliver on the green stuff !!!

with the 2 players i know of that are playing for definate i cant see haven beating us

with the 2 players i know of that are playing for definate i cant see haven beating us

????

sounds like a game were both teams are gonna try the DR as much as poss

town only using 1 or 2.

Flynn and craven not in 19 neithers lawton

2 out of 3 probably.

Craven has messaged on Twitter on the way to Workington tomorrow.Pickgersgill not in the 19 either.

The task just got harder! A selection nightmare ( but of the nice kind). Not so long ago, the team almost picked itself because of the limited numbers available. Now the Coaches face a different situation.

From the following 26 possibles, pick the best combination to face Whitehaven on Sunday.

Good Luck to Charlton et al.

1 Brett Carter

2 Elliot Miller

3 Jason Mossop

4 Andy Morris

5 Mark Calderwood

7 Carl Forber

8 Ewan Dowes

9 Graeme Mattinson

10 Jamie Thackray

11 Brett Phillips

12 Jarrad Stack

13 Peter Lupton

14 Kris Coward

15 Jamie Acton

16 Karl Olstrum

17 Marc Shackley

19 James Robinson

20 John Patrick

21 Callum Phillips

22 Jordan Walne

24 Kayle Connor

Shaun Briscoe

Danny Craven

Paddy Flynn

Adam Lawton

Steve Pickersgill

got to be in my eyes

briscoe

miller

connor

carter

flynn

craven

c phillips

dowes

matty

coward

stack

phillips

lupton

subs. acton,thacks,olstrum,walne.

and what a team that is

That's the ups n downs of a strong squad I'm afraid . Better than the opposite position . Carter needs in and Connor is a demon kicker who's points are vital . And big Red to return to , and Shacks is hitting his straps . We seen the other scenario last year so can't moan about this one . Guys will get their chance with injuries and the like but as of now that's our strongest 17

Mossop gotta be in the 17 was outstanding in parts last week

I'm pleased if Jason had a good game last week as IMO he has been off his A game for a few weeks , so much so that I was expecting him either being dropped or moved out to the wing when we had players back from injury.

I'm pleased if Jason had a good game last week as IMO he has been off his A game for a few weeks , so much so that I was expecting him either being dropped or moved out to the wing when we had players back from injury.

the problem is does mossop bring more to the team over the likes of connor,morris and quite possibly carter. in my opinion for overall effectiveness in attack and defence i would have to go with connor and carter.jasons defence trumps all the others but i see them 2 bringing more tries into the side. i would love to see carter and miller partnered together

Yes that's a tasty pairing Wonky . Centres is the one area we are still tinkering with looking for optimum strike . You want your threat further in and not neutered out on the wings lacking involvement .

Sounds like that's what happening listening to Charlo . Good state of affairs we're in , top players raise levels across the board and instill their ethos in everyone . Always better worrying about who to leave out than how you're gonna find 17.

Looking at the possible DR situation for Whitehaven now that the St Helens game is underway.

Probably available for selection - Jordan Hand (Prop), Paul Clough (Second Row), Mark Percival (Centre) and possibly Adam Swift (Utility Back) if not playing for Rochdale.

Carl Forster (Second Row/Prop) may also be playing for Rochdale this weekend.

I would guess because of our present rich squad strength that only Craven (and of course Briscoe) will make the trip up from Widnes this weekend.

Those first 3 saints have lots to offer , never heard of the other 2

Those first 3 saints have lots to offer , never heard of the other 2

Adam was a star man last week for Rochdale and played for Whitehaven against Sheffield at fullback.. Mark is an extremely talented young player who last played for the St Helens first team on June 3rd. Carl has turned out seven times for Rochdale this season and twice for Whitehaven, the last time against Sheffield.