Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Halifax game

60 posts in this topic

We all know you are joining Coolie on his dessert island thats not a surprise and its something the entire forum is looking forward to....... its Coolie I feel sorry for tho and give him 3 days before he trys to escape from you on a raft made from coconuts!

WHAT A MUPPET. Knowing our luck you would turn up on the rescue ship.THE S.S SINKING PUPPY.

On a serious note if rumours are correct its a credit to your players for still putting in the performances that they are doing.Cant wait to have a couple with us next season,with that attitude.

I wonder how many current Batley players will be playing for the Rams next season 

I wonder how many current Batley players will be playing for the Rams next season 

Hard to tell as this season we have not thought about it as we still have plenty to play for. However, Dewsbury on the other hand. . . . . . .

Hard to tell as this season we have not thought about it as we still have plenty to play for. However, Dewsbury on the other hand. . . . . . .

It's ok, we have only got survival to play for...... :roulette:

Returning to the topic, I think our injury/non-selection problems/poser will see us taste defeat unfortunately this week.

Dewsbury 18 - 30 Halifax

Att: 1230

As CF says I think our two victories over halifax so far this year will count for naught - a BP would be our best hope I think.

Rams 16 - 28 Fax

Att 1160

BSJ to win the HTD

As CF says I think our two victories over halifax so far this year will count for naught - a BP would be our best hope I think.

Rams 16 - 28 Fax

Att 1160

BSJ to win the HTD

Have to agree. A game we could win, but think Fax will be ready this time and the Toy Town win might work against us. We need BP at least though. Weather forecast not great so lets hope the lack of seaside and country walk conditions boosts the gate...

Im struggling to see us winning this. Im not not sure we could pick up a BP.

Rams 18- fax 36 Att 1100.

Have faith, home advantage, always close games with afew points in it at home to halifax so we can win it!

Halifax did what Halifax are good at, getting on a roll and playing open rugby so credit to them. They slowed the play the balll much better than we did. Thought we we pretty decent, outmuscled upfront, some kicking was a bit wayward, some was poor esp lack of 40/20s. But can't fault the effort, application or anything else, a good performance against a very good side. If we can get Spicer and one or two others back for next 5 winnable games, things are looking good.

But they stuck at it, even saw a good run from Pryce, took a very poor pass on his own line, put in a crunching tackle on Tyrer, saved a try when Morton mis kicked a ball in -goal, so yes he should take the ball up harder but he makes zero errors, draws defenders and still does this whilst carrying an injury.

Vinyl Finnegan is poor defensively, he cannot man mark. So yes time for Craven.

On a separate note, is it me or do the Halifax players spend most of their time whingeing at the ref and each other?

On a separate note, is it me or do the Halifax players spend most of their time whingeing at the ref and each other?

Probably whining to the ref about the constant head shots that were going in and not getting penalties for them, the ref was totally ###### and was surprised there wasn't loads if punch ups, he didn't control the game well at all.

Quite an entertaining game for the most part. Dewsbury started brightly, but once Fax got 12 points in front they were never going to lose. The Rams never gave up, but didn't have the guile to get back into it.

Halifax did what Halifax are good at, getting on a roll and playing open rugby so credit to them. They slowed the play the balll much better than we did. Thought we we pretty decent, outmuscled upfront, some kicking was a bit wayward, some was poor esp lack of 40/20s. But can't fault the effort, application or anything else, a good performance against a very good side. If we can get Spicer and one or two others back for next 5 winnable games, things are looking good.

But they stuck at it, even saw a good run from Pryce, took a very poor pass on his own line, put in a crunching tackle on Tyrer, saved a try when Morton mis kicked a ball in -goal, so yes he should take the ball up harder but he makes zero errors, draws defenders and still does this whilst carrying an injury.

It was one man rugby for most of the game. Finigan should be dropped - simply awful. Scott had another bad game and went missing again in defense and cost us two tries. Craven back at full-back and Pryce on the wing. Still need another centre as Scott isn't good enough. On the plus side I was impressed again with Lillycrop, Hepworth and Walshaw. Morton is the new Bryn Powell and Bentley looks to be strong running from dummy half. 

Bring on Workington!

Aizue didn't play today - is he injured?

Not too bad players worked hard enough just beaten by a better team. Fax looked good and shifted ball around well. Morton and Walshaw had good games. I can't believe Finnigan played for Bradford and Sheffield couple of games I have seen him he looks very poor looks better suited to playing for Shaw Cross. Kicking was poor in the second half with the wind. On that performance we look good enough to pick up wins against the teams round us.

[quote name="Wakefield Ram" post="2730061" timestamp

On a separate note, is it me or do the Halifax players spend most of their time whingeing at the ref and each other?wish I had your glasses Wakefield ram. Pryce is taking the mickey and I'm not the only one who thinks so, check out the other thread designed specifically with him in mind.

If GM has to play Pryce every week then stick him on the wing replacing Michael Finnegan or whatever his name is. GET CRAVEN BACK AT FULL-BACK. The fans can see it how come the coach can't? 

I thought Pryce had a decent game today but some fans simply dislike him and he can do no right.

On the other hand some players can also do no wrong in their eyes, so I suppose it evens out. :hunter:

According to our coach no-one played well, they didn't do what they were told, they didn't start quickly enough etc. Not his fault at all.

So that's all right then.

:sclerosis:

I thought Pryce had a decent game today but some fans simply dislike him and he can do no right.

On the other hand some players can also do no wrong in their eyes, so I suppose it evens out. :hunter:

According to our coach no-one played well, they didn't do what they were told, they didn't start quickly enough etc. Not his fault at all.

Surely Pryce listened to GM - they are best friends forever

Probably whining to the ref about the constant head shots that were going in and not getting penalties for them, the ref was totally ###### and was surprised there wasn't loads if punch ups, he didn't control the game well at all.

Hell fire are you sure your not a Leeds fan in disguise? Your guys took hold of the game early on and made sure you were never going to loose, you knew you had to play well today and you did. Try looking at that rather than the officials performance.

He wasn't the best, but they never are... are they? As for head shots you lot were legs and ball every time then? Thought Murrell deserved an Oscar for his first half performance to earn a penalty following the kick.

My opinion ? Thoroughly entertaining. Speedy execution, athleticism and a willingness to work for each other. The set moves were carried out with skill and precision - an absolute pleasure to watch. Then the cheerleaders went off and the team came out - it all went downhill from there. :fie:  :resent:

It's you. lol

They take after their coach I reckon: I've heard of men being gracious in defeat, he can't even be gracious in victory.

I think that they suffer from a sense of entitlement (which isn't reflected in their fans I must say) common to all teams that believe they are better than the rest. They were better than us, miles better in fact, but still felt that every penalty should go their way. On the other hand there are quite a few of them that I would quickly take to if they were playing for us.