Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saintslass

Jamie Soward to London Broncos

36 posts in this topic

I've just read on Twitter that Jamie Soward has been granted an immediate release to join London Broncos.  Obviously this would be great for the Broncos, although it is a real pity that the rest of the team looks pretty hopeless in one way or another, but I don't know how reliable the tweet was as it wasn't made by someone whose name I recognise.

Anyone heard anything to confirm this story?

ETA: just 'confirmed' by Rugby League Week on Twitter.

@FOXSportsNews: BREAKING: @NRL_Dragons grant Jamie Soward an immediate release to join London Broncos #NRL

I'd tryst fox reasonably well

It explains why Gower left London.Free's up cap space .

It doesn't seem that way. Why replace a player who is playing well?

Only there til the end of the season though.

Indeed. The conspiracy deepens.

I think it is safe to assume it is Broncos, Salford would hardly have wanted him on such a short deal.

Rugby League Week reporting its the Broncos on Facebook.. until the end of the season.. pity he couldn't bring Matt Cooper with him also..

with broncos for the rest of this season before joining penrith on a 4 year contract.......

It explains why Gower left London.Free's up cap space .

I don't think so. Pure coincidence that Soward had a huge fall out with his coach at the same time as Gower was, for whatever reason, leaving London.

It doesn't seem that way. Why replace a player who is playing well?

I don't think so. Pure coincidence that Soward had a huge fall out with his coach at the same time as Gower was, for whatever reason, leaving London.

I apologise.

Hopefully arrives in London in time to help their Challenge Cup campaign... which unfortunately is one of the few things us London fans have to look forward to this season...

Dave 'Nosey' Parker is reporting in this morning's League Weekly that Soward had turned down an approach from London and had been persuaded by his old St. George coach Nathan Brown to join St Helens for the rest of the season.

Must've changed his mind back again. :biggrin:

I think Gower leaving was to do with his other half being due to have a baby soon and the opportunity coming up to move back to Oz

I think Gower leaving was to do with his other half being due to have a baby soon and the opportunity coming up to move back to Oz

It was probably a number of things.

Dave 'Nosey' Parker is reporting in this morning's League Weekly that Soward had turned down an approach from London and had been persuaded by his old St. George coach Nathan Brown to join St Helens for the rest of the season.

Must've changed his mind back again. :biggrin:

i take everything parker writes with a massive dose of salt, according to him 3 weeks ago rhys hanbury had signed a deal with salford and widnes were bust....

That's just garbage because we don't have any space on the quota. 

just think though if you got shut of hohaia you could get a decent player like soward.

I hope the visa stuff doesn't take too long not least because I'd love to see whether Soward can actually make a difference to the London team.  His very recent involvement at NRL level should bring a dynamism to the group and inspire some of the lazier lot to actually work hard for a change.  Pity London couldn't grab hold of a couple of big forwards on loan to give them some grunt up front to make Soward's life a little easier. 

I'm looking forward to seeing him play in our game, albeit for a short time.  I hope he makes it over in time for the Challenge Cup match because at least that is going to be televised.

just think though if you got shut of hohaia you could get a decent player like soward.

Alas, it is not that easy.  It would seem that de-registering or letting go of a quota player halfway through the season doesn't take him off the quota.  But to be honest Perry would be the one I would dispose of rather than Hohaia.  Perry has been useless.

i first saw soward when he was playing in the under 18's grand final for roosters against cronulla in 2004, he was the stand out player in that game and hasn't really hit the high spots which people had predicted for him. but that said he is an excellent player who will be a star in SL ove the next couple of months.

Alas, it is not that easy.  It would seem that de-registering or letting go of a quota player halfway through the season doesn't take him off the quota.  But to be honest Perry would be the one I would dispose of rather than Hohaia.  Perry has been useless.

perry never recovered from the hammering he took off joey mellor at our place this season. how embarassing for a kangaroos prop to be picked up and dumped by a young scrum half...

This is a good move for the London club.

He's a better player than Gower to completely rely on.

And probably the only player to out-do Witt in the silly conversion stakes.