Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shades2

Leigh away Sunday

30 posts in this topic

Sounds like no Browny on Sunday - probably an early guilty plea for punching

last Sunday & a 1 match ban, but Fordy could be back

Would be good to see fordy back,hopefully for more than one game .

Sounds like Fordy back & maybe move Jack Latus to 2nd row, Ed Smith & Ryan Mallinder

in contention for places also.

Personally - & I have missed the last 2 games - I would maybe have gone for Fordy at 6

and leave the rest alone.

3 of us going - anybody else??

According to Leigh there going to make example of us. Hope we come out fighting like last 2 games.

2 of us are going over.

Jiggynight may be going now bus going.

Where does it say we are going to make an example of you? I think we will be treating this game like we do every game. Have a safe journey over folks.

Not a bad result with the team we had out.

Didn't get the chance of going today but listened on the radio sounded we gave a good account of ourselves.

you were the better side 2nd half, you decided to 'keep the ball alive' in any given opportunity...it worked, we couldn't stop you offloading in the tackle.

Scoreline could have been even closer, but 1st half York were very poor. Very impressed with Jonny Presley though, and that Nathan Freer is a monster !!!!

Positive to go to Leigh and push them alot closer than we did at home, should give you confidence for next few games lads. Also other results seemed to have gone more in our favour than previous weeks.

you were the better side 2nd half, you decided to 'keep the ball alive' in any given opportunity...it worked, we couldn't stop you offloading in the tackle.

Scoreline could have been even closer, but 1st half York were very poor. Very impressed with Jonny Presley though, and that Nathan Freer is a monster !!!!

On reflection I would say you summed up the game quite right,to be fair the 1st half saw Leigh get 3 easy tries of which one was a blatatant knock on on your own 20 and your guy raced in,I don't think we had enough penetration near your line in the first half,but second half totally agree we looked like the team we've been for our last 2 home games and some of the Knights rugby was quality.

On reflection I would say you summed up the game quite right,to be fair the 1st half saw Leigh get 3 easy tries of which one was a blatatant knock on on your own 20 and your guy raced in,I don't think we had enough penetration near your line in the first half,but second half totally agree we looked like the team we've been for our last 2 home games and some of the Knights rugby was quality.

aye, can't believe the Ref missed that, York through a wayward pass, a Leigh player (Ridyard?) pushed the ball forward along the ground, then picked it up before running 60 metres

We all saw that, from the other end of the pitch (north stand) !!!

aye, can't believe the Ref missed that, York through a wayward pass, a Leigh player (Ridyard?) pushed the ball forward along the ground, then picked it up before running 60 metres

We all saw that, from the other end of the pitch (north stand) !!!

Cheers for the acknowledgement,we can only get better.

Yes but York got away with just as much from the buffoon with the whistle. Like a penalty for a ball steal in a one on one. A blatant knockon at the play the ball where you scored. I do agree that you didn't deserve that scoreline and I thought the game was very entertaining. We want Pressley please. 

Got to agree about Elvis , had. Good game today , thought we gave a good account of ourselves , young Minikin did well & big Dougie took both his tries well as did young Ed Smith , think with our 1st choice halfback pairing instead of Elvis & a makeshift partner who I think was Fordy it may well have been a lot closer ! But well played lads

Also , why do I dislike Gregg McNally so much ? the blokes an overrated pansie !

The 'overrated pansie' looked in agony when I saw him in the car park afterwards, Nige..

Some of the rugby the lads played in the second half was outstanding and it was testament to some brilliant, never say die. defending from Leigh that we didnt get a bit closer but Leigh were superb first half. Apparently the touch judge gave the knock on from Ridyard as a charge down !!

You can see why Wigan have signed Hopkins, he's a rampaging monster but Joe Picketts had the last word with a cracking shot on him midway through the second half. Great effort from the lads today once they got out of the blocks. Possibly just had Ed Smith as MOM from Fordy, Elvis and Jack Aldo. Loved the way Ry Mallinder ran the ball in and he's gonna be very good - and we've signed him.

Also , why do I dislike Gregg McNally so much ? the blokes an overrated pansie !

Now that is just silly.

Why do you dislike him so much ?

I thought your full back and scrum half were impressive.

For 15 minutes in the second half you looked like the Harlem Globetrotters . Great stuff.

Just something about him ! Sorry , never liked him , very overrated , always comes over as a big time Charlie but that is just my own opinion !

Gutted for the lads, deserved a bonus point, what really frustrates me is that Ridyard makes

his comeback against us just when we lose Johnson, Brown, Hadley, Kent & Elliott to injury,

makes you wonder if we had been at full strength what might have happened

Can see why the staff rate Mallinder so highly & great he's signed for 2014, thought a

couple of poor bits of defence (and the ref) cost us yesterday, but played some great

rugby going forward.

Other results not so good for us yesterday, need same teams to be getting beat each week,

so Donny - at Keighley & Hunslet - against Warrington - sorry Swinton - let us down.

Gutted for the lads, deserved a bonus point, what really frustrates me is that Ridyard makes

his comeback against us just when we lose Johnson, Brown, Hadley, Kent & Elliott to injury,

makes you wonder if we had been at full strength what might have happened

Can see why the staff rate Mallinder so highly & great he's signed for 2014, thought a

couple of poor bits of defence (and the ref) cost us yesterday, but played some great

rugby going forward.

Other results not so good for us yesterday, need same teams to be getting beat each week,

so Donny - at Keighley & Hunslet - against Warrington - sorry Swinton - let us down.

True that Ridyard made his comeback. However, we were also missing Brierley, Parker, Aspinwall and Briscoe from our first choice 17, and had no D/C's available to us yesterday. You aren't likely to gain a BP, if you concede 42. The Pownall try did come from a chargedown, but I thought Ridyard was in front of the player who charged down the kick - have to see the DVD on that one!

That said, you played some amazing rugby in the second half, and offered plenty of entertainment value.

True that Ridyard made his comeback. However, we were also missing Brierley, Parker, Aspinwall and Briscoe from our first choice 17, and had no D/C's available to us yesterday. You aren't likely to gain a BP, if you concede 42. The Pownall try did come from a chargedown, but I thought Ridyard was in front of the player who charged down the kick - have to see the DVD on that one!

That said, you played some amazing rugby in the second half, and offered plenty of entertainment value.

Appreciate you had quite a few missing, but we are having to bring in lads from the amateur game

as replacements rather than household names that you can afford & have available

The 'overrated pansie' looked in agony when I saw him in the car park afterwards, Nige..

Some of the rugby the lads played in the second half was outstanding and it was testament to some brilliant, never say die. defending from Leigh that we didnt get a bit closer but Leigh were superb first half. Apparently the touch judge gave the knock on from Ridyard as a charge down !!

You can see why Wigan have signed Hopkins, he's a rampaging monster but Joe Picketts had the last word with a cracking shot on him midway through the second half. Great effort from the lads today once they got out of the blocks. Possibly just had Ed Smith as MOM from Fordy, Elvis and Jack Aldo. Loved the way Ry Mallinder ran the ball in and he's gonna be very good - and we've signed him.

Andy it was good to come from a game and really feel good about what we had seen and enjoyed, although we were on the losing side,the way the Knights mustered themselve's after falling behind was immense,it's right tosay the ball handling and passing reminded me of the HGT basketball team and a certain Mr Lemon,perhaps GT is getting basketball passes in the training schedule,that type of rugby in the second half by the Knights was as good as you get in entertainment and that will bring in the crowds,as for the touch judge who gave that decision against the knock on got the wrath of the Knights following at the North End of the LSV.

Andy it was good to come from a game and really feel good about what we had seen and enjoyed, although we were on the losing side,the way the Knights mustered themselve's after falling behind was immense,it's right tosay the ball handling and passing reminded me of the HGT basketball team and a certain Mr Lemon,perhaps GT is getting basketball passes in the training schedule,that type of rugby in the second half by the Knights was as good as you get in entertainment and that will bring in the crowds,as for the touch judge who gave that decision against the knock on got the wrath of the Knights following at the North End of the LSV.