Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Stuart Hall - Jailed for 15 months

62 posts in this topic

Yes I'm aware of that, but there are inconsistencies in the sentencing. Hall committed multiple offences and was jailed for the equivalent sentence of his most serious offence in isolation. This bloke committed multiple offences and was jailed for a period of time in excess of the maximum sentence for his most serious offence in isolation, i.e. there has been a compounding effect applied. The same principle should have applied to Hall.

that's why a sentence review has been started.

that's why a sentence review has been started.

Well quite but thats not really the point is it. Do you think such a review would have been ordered if this wasn't a high profile case and had been Joe Average sentenced in some court out in the sticks ? If there were consistency in the first place then there'd be no need to have a review.

So he gets away with it most of his life and because he makes it past 80, not being remembered as a jovial personality is punishment enough? Yeah, sounds really harsh.

I hear all this ' he is 80+' 'he is a broken man' cobblers and it makes me puke. Evading justice for as long as you can should not be worthy of sympathy or leniency, it should make the actual punishment worse.

Unfortunately, it'll be the only long lasting punishment he will receive. If reports are meant to be believed he's not got many more laps of the track to go. It's not like he's been caught at 30yrs old, which would have changed is life beyond recognition. He's lived his life, a bloody long one and he's been remarkably popular, being reviled for a couple of years now when he'll spend most, if not all, locked away from the world in prison and at home won't change that much.

The victims will never feel like they've had justice, they need to go after others to find out what they knew.

That's the problem with being a victim of crime. There is seldom any real justice. To be honest, I'm not sure there can be.

Sentence doubled to 30 months.

yes it has been doubled, but that 30 month sentence will be automatically halved so he will probably only serve 15 months,

It is a joke  

yes it has been doubled, but that 30 month sentence will be automatically halved so he will probably only serve 15 months,

It is a joke  

I'm pretty sure that nobody concerned is laughing, except the lawyers.

Awful crime, awful man, awful for the victims.  To me it's all about the balance that we want from our prison system between punishment and protecting the public from threats - a massive debate.

I'm pretty sure that nobody concerned is laughing, except the lawyers.

Awful crime, awful man, awful for the victims.  To me it's all about the balance that we want from our prison system between punishment and protecting the public from threats - a massive debate.

our justice system is just one huge joke,

this is a completely different case but the phillpot guy who killed 5 of his own kids got 'life' with a minimum of 15 years, 

3 guys who killed a convicted pedophile got life with a minimum term of 21 years

one huge debate is needed me thinks.