Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

State of Origin Freeview Weekend on Premier Sports (Merged Threads)

35 posts in this topic

I'm sure the recording only works whilst the Freeview period is still available. I.e if it ends at midnight Sunday night then anything you've recorded prior to that will not be able to be watched after midnight.Sure that happened when a Freeview period was on at the end of last season. Recorded the Thursday night to watch later but it wasn't possible.

I've had it work both ways before. I've recorded games and watched them later after the free view period has ended and I've also recorded free view games and couldn't watch them at a later date but the last time there was a Souths v Manly game on, a couple of months back, I recorded it and watched it back during the following week.

If it's the First Test from 1992 we're talking about, it wasn't Mark Geyer, but Paul Harrigan who put Ian Lucas out of that game

Yes, you are right. Just watching 1995 and Harragon is there. Still Geyer WAS a dirty ####!!

Nowt can beat an old VHS video recorder :-)

Or even a new one.  I have a VHS/DVD combo, brand new, and it's great because it means I CAN record all the SOO matches and watch them in the off season!  Just hope the old VHS tapes hold out until I can transfer them to DVD!

After all that fuss about Gallen's punching, it's wasn't half as bad as I thought! And I'm not in the 'bring back the biff' campaign.

After all that fuss about Gallen's punching, it's wasn't half as bad as I thought! And I'm not in the 'bring back the biff' campaign.

Not sure you'd be saying that if you were on the receiving end. :D

Big difference is back in the 80s or 90s that incident would hardly rate a mention. I think at least half the "tackles" seen in these old origin games would be result in a penalty these days.

Does anybody know how to get stuff off the Sky+ box onto an external hard drive?

The Gallen incident looked the same as Wardle's for me. But he got just a warning and then a 1 game ban.

Whilst there were far more 'dodgy' tackles in the earlier Origin games, out of the 4 I've watched so far, the 2013 game was the least exciting.

... yeh, certainly different. Seems a few rose tinted specs from the oldies about the good ol' days.

Aye, tbh I tried giving the first game a go and I'm finding it pretty unwatchable, it's not the sport that I know and love. 

Horrendous passing (not sure if that's something to do with the ball), pretty much every single tackle involves a grapple round the head, players are just bothered about having a bash at each other rather than play, and tbh it is sooooooo slow! The scrums are an absolute mess and there are a couple of strange rules in there too (scrum with your put in if tackled on the last).

Looking forward to watching some of the more modern ones.

I wonder if we'll watch this year's games in 30 years and think the same.

Just watched the first 2013 games, some of the tacklers mess around more than some Rhinos players do.

In the first game of the WC an English player just needs to hammer Gallon all game and not let the thug settle at all.

Also, Gallen punched Watmough when he was in a tackle and has no way of defending himself. Wardle and Ablett squared to and Wardle got his retaliation in first.