Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bholder

Last night's disciplinary

28 posts in this topic

Has anyone got the outcomes of last night's disciplinary meetings ?

Wow an assault on a referee - no case to answer. Spectator entering the field and abusing referee and nothing? Did they not believe the referees reports or was there video evidence how do u get off with something that serious?

Out of interest when you read Assault on Referee what are you imagining?

Could be:-

Player approaches referee from behind while play is stopped, taps him on shoulder saying, "Excuse me Sir, can you........."

Referee turns round and says , "Off you go son, that's assault"

I have seen that scenario and that was "No charge to answer".

Assault: "an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact"

I would suggest any referee that reports a player tapping them on the shoulder as assault, should get a grip of themselves.

It would be interesting to know what the actually contact was and in what context.

That the ref was assaulted .

That narrowed it down ever so slightly. I don't particularly want to go into details, as the disciplinary process has taken place and on all presented evidence the only possible outcome in the case was reached.

That narrowed it down ever so slightly. I don't particularly want to go into details, as the disciplinary process has taken place and on all presented evidence the only possible outcome in the case was reached.

CAN OF WORMS opened there mate get ready for the backlash .

CAN OF WORMS opened there mate get ready for the backlash .

Yeah can't wait. I take it from that statement your in full possession of the facts of the case then and are able to clarify on what the "proper" outcome should have been. The frightening think is I know that you are an intelligent bloke!

I spoke to the lad concerned prior to him going in and he told me his version of events leading up to this so called assault. The disciplinary obviously agreed with him also for the decision made by them. Pathetic sending off in my opinion.

The disciplinary panel made their decision based on what was presented , end of .

So why comment with a post that invited forum users to doubt the decision sometimes is best not to add fuel to the potential fire .

I spoke to the lad concerned prior to him going in and he told me his version of events leading up to this so called assault. The disciplinary obviously agreed with him also for the decision made by them. Pathetic sending off in my opinion.

If it is a tap on the shoulder then it is pathetic! So really the referee can put in his report that he has been assaulted n had FAL against him n it's up to disciplinary wheather to believe him or not. Does anything get said to the referee after? 

I think it is also worth noting that well, I believe, there is a difference in making contact with a referee warranting dismissal (Gareth Hock, pulling a referees shirt back) and a referee being assaulted!

The disciplinary panel made their decision based on what was presented , end of .

Isn't that what I said?

Not sure where this supposed fire is but once again you just seem to jump on anything I say and twist it in a way in an attempt to make me look foolish. Once again you have only succeeded in managing to make yourself look childish. Grow up

It's good to hear that the disciplinary committee look into these charges with an open mind and come to the right conclusion.

Assault on a referee reads very bad. In my opinion the standard of refereeing we are getting this season is very poor with cards coming out for the slightest thing and being used instead of the ref getting a grip on the game.

Rather than all get on the referees backs. If your club videos matches send the referee a copy every week, they do actually appreciate it and learn, It helps their development in the same way that a player benefits from video analysis.

It's good to hear that the disciplinary committee look into these charges with an open mind and come to the right conclusion.

Assault on a referee reads very bad. In my opinion the standard of refereeing we are getting this season is very poor with cards coming out for the slightest thing and being used instead of the ref getting a grip on the game.

Following David Lowe's recent email regarding 19 red cards issued over the last two weeks, I personally think it would be a very useful exercise to research the age/length of experience of the referees involved in dishing out the red cards, (3 from our club I hasten to add} before drawing too many conclusions into the reasons why there have been so many recent dismissals.   Just a thought!  :rtfm:

, I personally think it would be a very useful exercise to research the age/length of experience of the referees involved in dishing out the red cards

Without doing any research but from observation over many years, new referees tend not to flourish red cards in the first couple of years but then having gained confidence (and pedantry) along with experience the number of reds increases to a peak after about five or six years. The number of reds then gradually reduce as the referees realise that 13 a side is the game that everybody wants. The very experienced referees rarely need to use their cards.

There will invariably exceptions to the above.