Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bholder

Last night's disciplinary

28 posts in this topic

I have to agree the current crop of ncl referees do appear to be young and inexperienced they also no longer seem to communicate with the players either.

In my playing days the referees where much more communicative and approachable. This side of a referees persona appears to have been lost along with the fact that many would have a beer and a chat with you after the game again this no longer happens.

In my opinion the current crop of referees have little or no man management skills and perhaps this is why so many red cards are being dished out at the moment rather than the referee managing the player and or the situation on another way.

Without doing any research but from observation over many years, new referees tend not to flourish red cards in the first couple of years but then having gained confidence (and pedantry) along with experience the number of reds increases to a peak after about five or six years. The number of reds then gradually reduce as the referees realise that 13 a side is the game that everybody wants. The very experienced referees rarely need to use their cards.

There will invariably exceptions to the above.

Great post ref , I never thought about it that way . Makes you look at it from a different angle . I never saw you dish out many

I have to agree the current crop of ncl referees do appear to be young and inexperienced they also no longer seem to communicate with the players either.

In my playing days the referees where much more communicative and approachable. This side of a referees persona appears to have been lost along with the fact that many would have a beer and a chat with you after the game again this no longer happens.

In my opinion the current crop of referees have little or no man management skills and perhaps this is why so many red cards are being dished out at the moment rather than the referee managing the player and or the situation on another way.

Four great officials on show at the BARLA ACE Insurance Ltd National Cup played at Fylde on Saturday; 

Steve Presley superbly controlled a fantastic game with no fuss whatsoever. He was duly aided and abetted by Colin Gee, Andy Johnson with Nigel Darbyshire ensuring that everything ran smoothly in the dug-outs. And do you know what, they all came in the clubhouse for a drink and chatted with everybody and anybody who approached them.

In fact all the referees/officials on show in every game over the weekend carried out their task superbly with no reds and by recollection just the solitary yellow card throughout the weekend. In return they received the respect from players and spectators alike. Not bad considering the intensity and closeness of all the games with ten points being the highest margin in a game.

The standard of each game was from the top drawer what a great weekend - well done to all the teams, well done to all the officials, well done BARLA