Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allroughyed

A Boundary Park return?

My comments were, as I tried to imply, a bit mischievous, but it has brought forth a reaction as I hoped. For the record the very last thing I want is to see any form of merger with any club, but I would like us to be back at Boundary Park and I would like to see a new administration. If the rumours are true that this chap wants to buy the Latics then it would be my hope that his connection, and ours, with Salford may help us to get back there.

Unfortunately, and as RunitOfAfi says, if things don't change we could end up with merger being the only option left to us.

These dual purpose agreements are a way of getting the mergers back on track.

How many dual registration link ups that have happened this season feature the teams that the rugby league wanted to merge a few years ago.

Oldham & Salford were two clubs they wanted to merge can anyone remember all the others.

I don't want Oldham to merge but to keep their own identity, however if that is still how the RFL & SL see the future of Rugby League to be then it is going to happen.

If we merge we could be South Pennine , the Roughyed Reds.

If we did merge it would be the death of rugby league for me. I have supported Oldham all my life starting when my Grandad took me to Sheddings age 6.

No way on earth would I watch a team merged with any team I wear a roughyeds shirt and no other.

If we did merge it would be the death of rugby league for me. I have supported Oldham all my life starting when my Grandad took me to Sheddings age 6.

No way on earth would I watch a team merged with any team I wear a roughyeds shirt and no other.

Basically same with me. Unless, of course, that merged team is called Oldham, plays in red and white hoops with blue shorts and plays in Oldham borough.