Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

Tour de France 2013

100 posts in this topic

Very jealous. Have a ball mon ami. (and no throwing tinkle at anyone).

Twas an ambition to ride up Ventoux which now looks forlorn.... I believe there are a couple of forum members who have done it!

Alpe d'huez I reckon I could do, mont Ventoux would take some training. I did 1km of vertical ascent of the Tourmalet a couple of years ago and that was knackering. I have a colleague who has done some serious climbing and he says the Ventoux was the hardest thing he has done.

Very jealous.  Have a ball mon ami.  (and no throwing tinkle at anyone).

Twas an ambition to ride up Ventoux which now looks forlorn.... I believe there are a couple of forum members who have done it!

Intending to do it with my brothers in 2017. One of my brothers has done it before.

As for the 'fan' who threw urine at Cav today, I love the fact that you can go and watch these world class athletes for free from only a few feet away.

Flying out tomorrow to Nice and will be on the slopes of Mont Vontoux and Alpe d'Huez next week :D

Don't forget to take the bottles to hold your urine in. :scout::sarcastic:

Don't forget to take the bottles to hold your urine in. :scout::sarcastic:

Meh, when in Rome ;)

Edvald Boasson Hagen has a broken shoulder blade and been forced to abandon the Tour. Sky have now lost two riders and three more have had bad crashes.

Chris Froome looks a bit more vulnerable

Sky's Vasil Kiryienka was timed out in stage 9, Sky down to 7 riders

Everyone was expecting a relatively uneventful day today with a sprint finish but Saxo Tinkoff had other ideas.

Froome got ambushed by Contador and Kreuzinger of Saxo and lost a minute.His Sky team couldn't drag him back to the lead group, so it doesn't bode well for Froome in the Alpine mountain stages.

Alejando Valverde was second at the start of the day but lost nine minutes. Either he or his Movistar team-mateJoachim Rodriguez will now have to go for a mountain win in the Alps. Therefore, Movistar and Sky may do a deal in joining forces against Saxo and Belkin on the climbs, with Froome letting a Movistar rider win the stage.

Sunday's stage up Mont Ventoux will be a belter.

Tomorrows stage is fairly lumpy. I will predict a win by a breakaway group and Pierre Rolland and Juan Antonio Flecha to be in the first five. (In theory) the rest will be taking it easy before the Alps. However, theory went out of the window today.

This is the most interesting TDF I've watched (5) Lots of unexpected things

Everyone was expecting a relatively uneventful day today with a sprint finish but Saxo Tinkoff had other ideas.

Froome got ambushed by Contador and Kreuzinger of Saxo and lost a minute.His Sky team couldn't drag him back to the lead group, so it doesn't bode well for Froome in the Alpine mountain stages.

Alejando Valverde was second at the start of the day but lost nine minutes. Either he or his Movistar team-mateJoachim Rodriguez will now have to go for a mountain win in the Alps. Therefore, Movistar and Sky may do a deal in joining forces against Saxo and Belkin on the climbs, with Froome letting a Movistar rider win the stage.

Tomorrows stage is fairly lumpy. I will predict a win by a breakaway group and Pierre Rolland and Juan Antonio Flecha to be in the first five. (In theory) the rest will be taking it easy before the Alps. However, theory went out of the window today.

Froome genuinely awesome today, and I do not use that word lightly. Looked strong and made his point well and truly up the hill!

Froome genuinely awesome today, and I do not use that word lightly. Looked strong and made his point well and truly up the hill!

First time I've really watched the TDF and I'm not upto speed on all the ins and outs and technicalities of the race but I'm really enjoying what I've seen so far and that mountain climb today was something else. Also how crazy are the spectators and motorbike crews?

Don't get me started on the nutters running in front of the riders, especially after they've already cycled 200km and are going up a mountain on their last legs

Incredible form Froome, just praying nothing goes wrong now

Froome? Pah!   :sarcastic:

I've ridden Mont Ventoux faster that that!   :thankyou:

After several abortive attempts at cycling up from Malaucène the opposite way to the TDF and having walked up and down the very last section over the years, I got a mate to take me to the top in his car and I cycled down in a matter of minutes, without pedalling at all!

Watched yesterday's stage from the slopes of mont Ventoux :D. Chavanel was leading at the time they passed us with Pete Kennaugh (what a debut) and Richie Porte (future tean leader?) doing some serious damage.

Vaison La Romaine tomorrow to see the depart before heading straight to Alpe d'Huez to find a spot and pitch up. Brilliant so far, only regret is I should've brought my bike.

Good pitch on Alpe D'Heuz with them doing it twice 

I trust you're not one of those simpletons I scream at running along with the riders Sev ;)

can't believe you didn't take your bike, I thought that was half the reason you went 

Good pitch on Alpe D'Heuz with them doing it twice

I trust you're not one of those simpletons I scream at running along with the riders Sev ;)

can't believe you didn't take your bike, I thought that was half the reason you went

The gendarmes put a stop to any naughtiness where we were. We flew into Nice and couldn't afford bike carriers.

I'd have carried your bike for a free hol ;)

Today should be fun - I still can't get my head around how they actually do this! I struggle to walk up and down our hill 

40km to go, a large breakaway group of about twenty riders has 9.5 minutes lead over the main field. One big climb and one steep descent to go. My selection is Phillipe Gilbert, unless he's been ordered to pace Cadel Evans up the climb.

Wrong again!

Great break and descent by Rui Costa  to get the win Movistar were desperate for.

Mountain time trial tomorrow. Froome will be hot favourite.

On the principle of not tipping the favourite, I would like Joachim Rodriguez to win.

Managed to park at a very busy Alpe d'Huez and pitched up last night. Those 21 switchbacks are fun in the car but you would have to be mad to cycle up them, the pros are doing it twice.

I'd have carried your bike for a free hol ;)

Today should be fun - I still can't get my head around how they actually do this! I struggle to walk up and down our hill 

I think Sev's secretly pleased he hasn't got it with him.  :biggrin: 

Managed to park at a very busy Alpe d'Huez and pitched up last night. Those 21 switchbacks are fun in the car but you would have to be mad to cycle up them, the pros are doing it twice.

will be watching on TV, with luck. How will we recognise you?  Wigan shirt?