Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

Tour de France 2013

100 posts in this topic

I think Eurosport's cycling commentator David Harmon is the business.

http://velovoices.com/2013/04/26/friday-feature-interview-with-eurosports-david-harmon-part-1/

He took a few months off from commentary earlier in the season. Here's why in part 2 of the same interview.

http://velovoices.com/2013/04/26/friday-feature-interview-with-eurosports-david-harmon-part-2/

I've chosen to watch the ITV4 coverage this year and its pretty bloody good. 

Chuffed for my second favourite team Orica Greenedge and Simon Gerrans with their first Tour stage win just beating Sagan to the line. 

Geraint really struggled today. Came in 9 minutes down. Similar times for Peter Kennaugh and Ian Stannard; not looking too good for Sky's team time trial tomorrow. Hopefully Kennaugh was just saving himself.

However, Tony Martin finished in the  leading group!

No poofs in that game.

Geraint really struggled today. Came in 9 minutes down. Similar times for Peter Kennaugh and Ian Stannard; not looking too good for Sky's team time trial tomorrow. Hopefully Kennaugh was just saving himself.

However, Tony Martin finished in the  leading group!

No poofs in that game.

I imagine that Team Sky will stick Thomas on the front early doors and let him knacker himself and then roll to the finish.

30km to go and looks like the peleton will catch the breakaway group to ensure a sprint finish.

Apparently there's a nasty descent just before the final run-in.

I'll go for Andre Greipel to win.

30km to go and looks like the peleton will catch the breakaway group to ensure a sprint finish.

Apparently there's a nasty descent just before the final run-in.

I'll go for Andre Greipel to win.

A win for Cav in a sprint - good stuff from the Manxman.

A win for Cav in a sprint - good stuff from the Manxman.

Yes, a bit of a surprise as this morning he was said to have a chest infection.

Great final kilometre though.

I haven't a clue what is going on but enjoying it all the same.

Massive win for Cav showing his main rivals that in a bunch sprint there is no one better. Bit chaotic going into the final couple of kilometres. 

Tour coming round here on Saturday.  Watch out for the gorgeous trip through the Gorges between Quillan and just after Axat.  They usually have the helicopter on station as the peloton winds through.  Then up the Col de Pailheres.  An absolute pig of a climb even in the car.

I"m going to miss the lot as I'm off doing deliveries and then going to watch the Dragons against the Broncos.

Impressive work by Cav to get back the peleton after a crash 35km from the finish. Currently 8km to go and the leadout trains are getting organised. Love this bit :)

There isn't a chapeau large enough to doff - total obliteration of the field by Chris Froome, and Richie Porte - and proper one for the team from Pete Kennaugh

Should be a fantastic climbing day in the Pyrenees tomorrow. Steep climbs and descents all day.

Sky have got this locked down but may allow a breakaway tomorrow from an outsider with no overall GC ambitions but fancy a shot at King of the Mountains. That means some other riders could take some pressure off Sky by pace-setting in the early parts of further mountain stages

Looking at the standings, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Danielson and Christophe Riblon have a go. Johnny Hoogerland and Tommy Voeckler will definitely have a go. Sky will grind down the rest unless Alberto Contador and Alejandro Valverde can recover from today's stage better than Froome and Porte.

Should be a fantastic climbing day in the Pyrenees tomorrow. Steep climbs and descents all day.

Sky have got this locked down but may allow a breakaway tomorrow from an outsider with no overall GC ambitions but fancy a shot at King of the Mountains. That means some other riders could take some pressure off Sky by pace-setting in the early parts of further mountain stages

Looking at the standings, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Danielson and Christophe Riblon have a go. Johnny Hoogerland and Tommy Voeckler will definitely have a go. Sky will grind down the rest unless Alberto Contador and Alejandro Valverde can recover from today's stage better than Froome and Porte.

You know when you aren't talking some rubbish about Yorkshire or the Tories you can talk some sense. ;)

There isn't a chapeau large enough to doff - total obliteration of the field by Chris Froome, and Richie Porte - and proper one for the team from Pete Kennaugh

Agreed. Must have been as big a boost to Froome and Sky's morale as it was a blow to that of their rivals.

Stand by for some top class gurning in that case.

Thomas looked as if he'd blown a gasket yesterday but he's a fighter all right. I always enjoy watching him get stuck in.

I think Eurosport's cycling commentator David Harmon is the business.

http://velovoices.com/2013/04/26/friday-feature-interview-with-eurosports-david-harmon-part-1/

He took a few months off from commentary earlier in the season. Here's why in part 2 of the same interview.

http://velovoices.com/2013/04/26/friday-feature-interview-with-eurosports-david-harmon-part-2/

I've chosen to watch the ITV4 coverage this year and its pretty bloody good. 

Chuffed for my second favourite team Orica Greenedge and Simon Gerrans with their first Tour stage win just beating Sagan to the line. 

It's very handy being able to switch between the two when they go to an ad break.

It's very handy being able to switch between the two when they go to an ad break.

Yes, and today ITV and Eurosport were sharing filmed interviews with the riders.

Killer  of a stage and Froome did brilliantly to survive on his own in a group with rivals who were supported by several team mates.

Richie Porte paid for yesterdy's effort and is now 19 minutes back. Therefore, there is no longer a Plan B for Sky if anything happens to Froome.

The commentators were saying there was a fair chance of the back markers being timed out, but they all seem to have finished within the allowance.

God knows how Greipel and co got over those climbs; they must weigh half as much again as the pure climbers.

Must be something up with team sky. One rider outside the cutoff, team leader having to defend the yellow jersey for 100+ km's, Porte dropping 18 minutes back. I reckon it could be a bug going round.

Tony Martin wins the Individual Time Trial to Mont St Michel, Chris Froome second by 12 seconds, another 2 minutes back to Valverde, so Chris Froome has a Yellow jersey lead of 3'12"

I think Contador is waiting to pounce in the Alps. He may not do enough to win it, but he'll eat into Froome's lead.

Cavendish  knocked over Kittell's team-mate yesterday, but got exonerated by the commissaires. Today, a roadside fan (or fans) threw urine over Cavendish during his time trial run.

Sprinter's day tomorrow. No love lost between Cavendish, Greipel and Kittell.

Last 500m should be fun to watch.

I hope for Greipel but think it will go to Cavendish. He's mean even when he's not annoyed.

Froome has done superbly in the Pyrenees and today on the TT. I know there has been a lot of talk from some quarters about how his performance is a little suspicious but I can't help thinking "please be clean, please be clean".

The Cav/Veelers incident seems to be blown out of proportion by the media. In my biased opinion Veelers was slightly more to blame as he clearly veers into Cav but the speeds involved means that I doubt it was intentional from either parties. As for the 'fan' who threw urine at Cav today, I love the fact that you can go and watch these world class athletes for free from only a few feet away. It is a privilege. I cheer every cyclists partly because you get caught up in the atmosphere and partly because is ###### difficult what they are doing. Flying out tomorrow to Nice and will be on the slopes of Mont Vontoux and Alpe d'Huez next week :D

Flying out tomorrow to Nice and will be on the slopes of Mont Vontoux and Alpe d'Huez next week :D

Very jealous.  Have a ball mon ami.  (and no throwing tinkle at anyone).

Twas an ambition to ride up Ventoux which now looks forlorn.... I believe there are a couple of forum members who have done it!