Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Warrior

he said he wanted to go to a top 4 club

58 posts in this topic

This was always going to happen.

A Viking fan as an op and a viking fan passing a comment on the other website.

They do seem obsessed.

To be fair, all that's happened is the two clubs have agreed a fee. Whitehead hasn't signed anything yet.

Great signing for Salford and won't be the last

All those people who said Marwan hasn't done anything can keep quiet. 

Wonder if he has regretted his comments in relation to Craig Kopcak joining the Giants

A Viking fan as an op and a viking fan passing a comment on the other website.

They do seem obsessed.

but this vikings fan has an interest in the goings on at bradford considering most of my family have been supporters of the club since around 1900........

Cheers VW. always rely on you to be 1st with the Salford news

If True , Whitehead would replace Mick Worral 45K  & Gary Broadbent 55K as Salfords biggest transfer fee.

but this vikings fan has an interest in the goings on at bradford considering most of my family have been supporters of the club since around 1900........

Bradford supporters since 1900? Just how old are your family?

And now he is close to buying a Football club.

Well at least Whitehead will fit in nicely to Salfords current defensive structure.

Well at least Whitehead will fit in nicely to Salfords current defensive structure.

Defensive structure? What do you know that we don't? I demand you tell all. ;)

I'm still to be convinced by Elliott Whitehead. This signing says to me 'more Kash than brains' if a 'substantial' fee has been paid.

He might have wanted o play for a top 4 club, but beggars can't be choosers.

If none of them offered him  a deal and he has burnt his boats at Bradford then what else can he do.

Salford need some better players so he fits the bill.

I'm still to be convinced by Elliott Whitehead. This signing says to me 'more Kash than brains' if a 'substantial' fee has been paid.

The person in charge of playing matters is Brian Noble so it will be he who is the 'brains' behind the correct fee to be paid. 

The person in charge of the business side is yet to be publicly announced.

With the recent RFL decisions directed towards Salford and the apparent 'friendship' with Bradford Bulls there may be some time for this transfer to be finalised remembering last September - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2200167/Craig-Kopczak-quits-Bradford-Bulls.html

and then some 6 weeks later - http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/10006360.Huddersfield_confirm_signing_of_former_Bulls_prop_Craig_Kopczak/

Big loss for us, great signing for Salford.

I'm told that, as well as other ability, he was a good goalkicker as a junior.

He said he wanted to sign for a top 4 club (allegedly). The Bulls, though, presumably don't care if he signs for a Top 4 club or not as long as somebody pays a fee for him, which is a bit different. If you read the tweets of the Bulls reporter at our local paper ( https://twitter.com/rosshtanda ), I would assume that the deal thus far has done with bare minimum input from Whitehead and the Bulls just want rid quick and for some dosh. It remains to be seen if Whitehead has the courage of his conviction or if he takes the money and runs.

I've come round to the good doctor, but until Whitehead turns up at a press conference wearing the Salford kit, he still hasn't.

Fair enough, the doctor has dipped his hand in his pocket so that must quell some of the doubting noises, including from me, about him.

I'm just a little worries that a player has seemingly been "unsettled" so shortly after agreeing a new deal.

If this comes off, great signing for Salford, young, talented and great prospect.

The doctor has a desire for top four, so VW is right to be worried his club will be left behind :P