Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weloveyouwakefield2

Super League Restructure Discussion (Many Merged Threads)

738 posts in this topic

32 games to win the comp??

im sure the players union will have a view on that!! they've constantly called for less games..

i await plan E

Why not have 24 divisions of 1?Each team is crowned champions then it's 12 divisions of 2 (bottom sides eliminated) right down to the last team standing. Then all 24 start the play offs etc etc

The season never actually ends thus generating more income. Its a winner

How about leaving it as it is with conditional p&r.

Bloody hell fire.

Indeed.

Yes I hate watching games.

That's obvious. You seem to hate a lot of things.

Imho this kind of proposal works best with 10 team divisions split into 6/8/6.

It is worth pointing out though that Leeds played 31 games last year to win the GF.

How about leaving it EXACTLY as it is. Featherstone Rovers, Leigh etc seem to have embraced the concept and spirit of licencing and are working hard to gain promotion to SuperLeague on a sustainable basis, safe in the knowledge that one of them is going to be in SL at  the next round. 

But when are they going to be clear?

It is worth pointing out though that Leeds played 31 games last year to win the GF.

I think the difference is each team will play around 30 games.

Although the teams are proposed to come in a round later in the Cup, which itself throws up another problem in that it'll probably be the last 16 taken by 12 teams, no mention of the teams further down either.

I think the difference is each team will play around 30 games.

Although the teams are proposed to come in a round later in the Cup, which itself throws up another problem in that it'll probably be the last 16 taken by 12 teams, no mention of the teams further down either.

Messing around with the Challenge Cup in this way is I think the most potentially damaging bit of the revised proposal of nuttiness. Rugby league doesn't have any terrestrial exposure outside this and it's not like we're over-run with competitions with naming rights.

I hate to sound like one of the Four Yorkshiremen but: proper divisions played properly, please.

Messing around with the Challenge Cup in this way is I think the most potentially damaging bit of the revised proposal of nuttiness. Rugby league doesn't have any terrestrial exposure outside this and it's not like we're over-run with competitions with naming rights.

I hate to sound like one of the Four Yorkshiremen but: proper divisions played properly, please.

What a grown up perspective. Have you resigned from the lib dems too?

What a grown up perspective. Have you resigned from the lib dems too?

Not so much resigned as lost the renewal form.

Whats wrong with consistency and keeping things as they are?

32 games to win the comp??

im sure the players union will have a view on that!! they've constantly called for less games..

i await plan E

I currently takes 31 games to win the comp. If they have 1 less game in the Challenge Cup, it's the same number of fixtures

Whats wrong with consistency and keeping things as they are?

[conspiracy theory]Maybe all these alternatives are being floated to make people happier with what we've got now...[/conspiracy theory]

The 'stay as we are' option was one of the options, so obviously people are not happy with that.

It just gets worse and worse every time the RFL dream up some new idea. Deary me.

IIRC SLE is still a separate body, controlled by the member clubs. If I were Chairman of one of the bigger clubs I'd be seriously considering canvassing support for moving away from the RFL again.

It'll do

Preferred the split after 11 games, but see the logic in providing more home games against better opposition for the top 12 clubs.

Might also make it a bit easier on the 2nd 12, not so many games against the fully funded clubs.