Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weloveyouwakefield2

Super League Restructure Discussion (Many Merged Threads)

738 posts in this topic

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but just a thought on 'Super League2'.............if say London and Castleford for example were to be relegated from Super League in 2014, then in 2015 its a good bet that these clubs along with maybe Fev and one or 2 others would go for broke to try and get into 'Super League 1' within the first season.

If there was only to be 1 place for promotion in 2015 then could these clubs that miss out on promotion in that season then be bankrupt from going for broke to try and get into the elitte league at 1st attempt?

I hope I've explained my point clearly cos these restructure ideas can play with the mind!!!!

Using the proposal for 2 x 10 team divisions of SL is likely to stop clubs putting all their eggs in one basket for a one season assault on SL2 to reach SL1.

Also the funding/TV Money going to SL2 clubs is significantly more under this proposal than has ever gone to the Championship clubs who have strived to reach SL previously.

Well give us the story of how Oldham collapsed then if you would be so kind? I did say AFAIK,.

Exactly the same as Bradford Bulls - financial mismanagement and failure to pay the tax man - despite a number of years in the top flight.

Ulverston's in Lancashire, by the way .........

Since when? I wish they would stop moving the boundaries. Ulverston used to be in Lancashire along with Barrow and then in 1974 they were moved in to the new County of Cumbria and I haven't heard of any further boundary changes. All current players born in the Barrow in Furness area will have all been born in Cumbria.

were all doomed i have never heard such a pile of ###### and faff in all my life, and it's notdone yet.

Seriously if this goes ahead we will be watching Rugby Union within 5 years

No. Just for the love of the game. No.

ralph rimmer says in a very roundabout way that the parties concerned have moved very very slightly toward the 12 and 3 eights configuration, but it will be decided late in the summer and the rl will make the decision then :fie:

Seriously if this goes ahead we will be watching Rugby Union within 5 years

No. Just for the love of the game. No.

i'm with you, and positive there is some conspiracy going on here to destroy the game i love.

Going back to a 12 team Super League. (11 UK clubs) Then 8 repeat fixtures.

Good opportunity to dump seasons tickets and select games.

Promotion and Relegation to be re-instated so we can have more clubs going bust.

P & R will mean more overseas players to stop clubs going down, then clubs will cncel their U19s comp to save money.

In who's interest is all this. Not the sport of Rugby League its not!

If they do this I despair!

it all smells of the dawn of Super League again and a wall of sharp practice, parochialism and back handers in car parks.

it utterly is not for the advancement of the game

thanks for this, saves me having to sit through the programme now. Had enough with listening to Stevo prattle on about London having "done everything they can do down there, but Londoners just don't seem interested in Rugby League" from Backchat.. cant bear to listen to those imbeciles talking any more rubbish on Boots'n'all.

Was anything definite said or just what might happen?

It sounded like the RFL want this and are selling it to the clubs

Anyone with the game at heart would have thrown it out of the window with the man that proposed it.

If its come from KPMG then clearly they are in the pay of the RFU...

Ralph Rimmer was bordering on being incomprehensible and quite frankly he is an embarrassment to the game.

he said KPMG after studies said we need to have some form of peril to make teams play better, well duh! i wonder how much that cost.

If change isn't needed or necessary then why are the SL clubs in favour of it? Maybe they've come to the conclusion that SL in its present form isn't sustainable and several may be about to hit the wall financially. They aren't doing this for the hell of it are they??? I'm hearing rumours of a West Yorks SL club which is yet again in financial strife.

If all was well, as some fans on here seem to think, they wouldn't be going down this route.

It sounded like the RFL want this and are selling it to the clubs

Anyone with the game at heart would have thrown it out of the window with the man that proposed it.

If its come from KPMG then clearly they are in the pay of the RFU...

it also sounded like that is what sky want if you heard hemmings going on about not having PnR.

If change isn't needed or necessary then why are the SL clubs in favour of it? Maybe they've come to the conclusion that SL in its present form isn't sustainable and several may be about to hit the wall financially. They aren't doing this for the hell of it are they??? I'm hearing rumours of a West Yorks SL club which is yet again in financial strife.

If all was well, as some fans on here seem to think, they wouldn't be going down this route.

YOU SEE, if you have heard something tell us ffs, this is exactly what the RFL do, bull us and then shaft us.

YOU SEE, if you have heard something tell us ffs, this is exactly what the RFL do, bull ###### us and then shaft us.

Wait and see, time will tell

YOU SEE, if you have heard something tell us ffs, this is exactly what the RFL do, bull ###### us and then shaft us.

If it helps, I will have some good news for you all on LoveRugbyLeague.com tomorrow...

:)

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Seriously if this goes ahead we will be watching Rugby Union within 5 yearsNo. Just for the love of the game. No.

I said this a few months ago, I'm sure you commented. It's a worry

Why are people coming out with the 'RL is going to die' nonsense. It's not going to die. It'll be here next year, it'll be here in 5 years and it'll be here in 10 years and the foreseeable future after that.

We don't know if the changes are going to make the game worse or better. We can have logical guesses but at the end of the day we don't know what's going to happen. You can't state a fact about the future. To be honest we don't even know if the changes are definite.

You'd of thought the RFL have sold Wigan, Leeds, Wire and Saints to the RFU for some magic beans judging by the opening few posts on here.

Very poor effort form Eddie on this topic. Jon Wells fed him the line, but Eddie totally missed the point. The obvious questions to ask Ralph Rimmer was "How much money do the SL clubs get between them now?", & "How much will they get under the new structure?" & "If there is a difference (ie the top 12 take less than the 14 SL clubs take now), what will happen to the surplus?".

Still at least Boots 'n' All was better than Backchat last night. Stevo ranted on about what an absolute mess the game is in (under the current system) and then when Rod said Denis Betts reckons bringing back P&R, then clubs would go bust, Stevo said Denis is right and P&R would be a disaster.

So no P&R has left the game in an absolute shambles, and bringing back P&R will be an absolute shambles, but Stevo reckons the RFL should just get on and make a decision.  I wasn't quite sure, which absolute shambles he wanted the RFL to choose!

how would this change affect your club?