Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

21/06/13 - Castleford Tigers v Hull FC - KO 20:00 (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

72 posts in this topic

Terrific game of rugby. Castleford's defence was shambolic at times, but they sure showed some courage. What entertainment.

Holdsworths missed kicks cost FC the game.

Sums the game up really.

Indeed, six tries to five and lost the game. 

It's a rare game that silences the shambolic bunch of RL journos who tweet doom n gloom as their stock in trade.

No doubt they're firing up to comment on the score from Salford instead.

Not a game for the purist but it sure was fun to watch!  If only all rugby league games were that close to call by the end of the match then we'd have a lot more fun watching the sport.  Cracking bit of last ditch tackling by Cas at the end there.

10 minute spell on second half killed us, well played Cas cannot argue with there commitment tonight. It was an excellent atmosphere in the ground, Crooks went well again with four tries and I thought Miller looked promising.

It's a rare game that silences the shambolic bunch of RL journos who tweet doom n gloom as their stock

Yep. Brilliant.

Pride

Guts

Passion

Tradition

Class

Humility

Cas

Well done Cas. Great result. Good game to watch.

10 minute spell on second half killed us, well played Cas cannot argue with there commitment tonight. It was an excellent atmosphere in the ground, Crooks went well again with four tries and I thought Miller looked promising.

Well done to Castleford. They were always going to step it up tonight given that it was their first home game under their new coach. It was up to us to handle that and we didn't. I had a feeling we wouldn't. Missed conversions aside, a complete lack of composure cost us that game. Westerman going for the glory play instead of keeping the pressure on was the turning point for me.

Still plenty of reasons for us to be cheerful though. 

Well done to Castleford. They were always going to step it up tonight given that it was their first home game under their new coach. It was up to us to handle that and we didn't. I had a feeling we wouldn't. Missed conversions aside, a complete lack of composure cost us that game. Westerman going for the glory play instead of keeping the pressure on was the turning point for me.

Still plenty of reasons for us to be cheerful though. 

Indeed. You called it rather better than I did before the game.

Dukey suggested it was one of our dumbest performances in years but I don't think that's giving enough credit to Cas's spirit.

Sure, we should have won but the Cas performance probably meant they deserved the spoils.

Once again Ben Crooks showed what a talent he is and I saw enough to suggest Jacob Miller will hopefully be a key player for us whilst at the club.

Nice to see Kenny Tiger before the game, and I managed to avoid buying him a beer as well, so not all doom and gloom for me.

Nice to see Kenny Tiger before the game, and I managed to avoid buying him a beer as well, so not all doom and gloom for me.

It's a pity we've just had the Queen's Birthday honours list. That feat in itself was worthy of an MBE.

cracking game, error strewn yes but a right good old tussle and what a close finish, well done Cas

Indeed. You called it rather better than I did before the game.

Dukey suggested it was one of our dumbest performances in years but I don't think that's giving enough credit to Cas's spirit.

Sure, we should have won but the Cas performance probably meant they deserved the spoils.

Once again Ben Crooks showed what a talent he is and I saw enough to suggest Jacob Miller will hopefully be a key player for us whilst at the club.

Good man, good to know at least one of us was on their game last night.

Agree with you about giving Castleford credit for their spirit. Some of their desperation in defence was outstanding especially when we threatened to nick it at the death. It's nice to see them show their collective backsides to a lot of people who've wanted to write them off as a club.

Crooks is so good it's almost scary and I agree about Miller. Saw enough from him to show he's got it what it takes. As for the team overall, Briscoe and Yeaman will walk back in when fit. Goal kicking remains a worry when Tickle is out. Holdsworth looked frightened to death to me when he was lining up the kicks. We can talk all we like about performance and who deserved what (and I agree with what you're saying on that) but the simple fact is that we scored enough tries to win the game and the missed conversions cost us it.

Just got home after a long journey!

Loved it last night, absoluteley brilliant night and massive credit to the Hull following - best I've sen in a while

Little over 6,000 there last night. Usually this gets about 8,000 doesn't it?

Little over 6,000 there last night. Usually this gets about 8,000 doesn't it?

On a Sunday it may well have done.

On a Sunday it may well have done.

Think the rain earlier in the day may have out a few off as well, although it was lovely by late afternoon!