Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

22/06/13 - Catalan Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers - KO 17:00

Who will win?   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalan Dragons
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

173 posts in this topic

After coming back to my house, i just watched the game one day later.

How the video ref could allowed the fisrt try of hull kr : when one player keeps the ball in front of the player of the same team, it is off side i think. But not for english players.

How the video ref coul disallowed the try of Morgan Escaré ? Could someone explain ?

And if the try of Duport is not good, it was because the ball touched the leg of Blanch (when Menzies tried to save it) but why was signaled a penalty for hull ?

Incredible : but the RFL won't make apologise this time...... Hull KR have their points back

Apparently the Duport try was disallowed because Blanch pushed the Hull KR player out the field of play not because the ball made contact with him,, which I find ridiculous

anyone have a link to highlights of this game? Or any links/highlights of this Escare fellow? Thanks

How the video ref could allowed the fisrt try of hull kr : when one player keeps the ball in front of the player of the same team, it is off side i think. But not for english players.

Mon ami, vous avez raison sur tout sauf cette partie-ci - on ne peut pas etre off-side derriere sa propre ligne d'essai. Cependant, c'etait un en-avant donc l'essai n'etait quand meme pas valable.

Pour le reste, 100% d'accord - il y avait quelque chose de sinistre dans la performance des arbitres hier.

Mon ami, vous avez raison sur tout sauf cette partie-ci - on ne peut pas etre off-side derriere sa propre ligne d'essai. Cependant, c'etait un en-avant donc l'essai n'etait quand meme pas valable.

Pour le reste, 100% d'accord - il y avait quelque chose de sinistre dans la performance des arbitres hier.

Quite right, you can't be offside behind your own try line.... B)

After coming back to my house, i just watched the game one day later.

How the video ref coul disallowed the try of Morgan Escaré ? Could someone explain ?

And if the try of Duport is not good, it was because the ball touched the leg of Blanch (when Menzies tried to save it) but why was signaled a penalty for hull ?

Incredible : but the RFL won't make apologise this time...... Hull KR have their points back

The Rovers try came from an incident in the in goal area I believe, in the rules of rugby league you cannot be offside in your own in goal area.

The Rovers try came from an incident in the in goal area I believe, in the rules of rugby league you cannot be offside in your own in goal area.

He's already been pointed that out.

Pah, if you spoke fluent French like Browny and I, you'd already be aware of this. 

Ahem....

Sporting Life gave the crowd as 12000. Beaucoup repas pour penser.

Sporting Life gave the crowd as 12000. Beaucoup repas pour penser.

Help me out here JB. 

Help me out here JB.

Il dit qu'il y a de quoi etre optimiste pour le rugby a XIII a Toulouse.

The crowd was a bit more than 14,000. Guasch and Mounis are absolutely fuming in the French press.

12000 was the figure used on fulltime.

I might be being a bit naive but I thought it was more down to sheer incompetence rather than anything sinister.

I might be being a bit naive but I thought it was more down to sheer incompetence rather than anything sinister.

"Sinistre" meaning disasterous in this context maybe ? In which case the wording is very apt - the officiating was shameful at times, something which was duly noted by Mr Rimmer hopefully

Bosc goalkicking did not help cause 2 for 5, 5 tries to 4 you should not lose.

Yeah you should not, but it is funny when it happens twice in the same weekend! ;)  :haha:

Yeah you should not, but it is funny when it happens twice in the same weekend! ;):haha:

Hilarious

"Sinistre" meaning disasterous in this context maybe ? In which case the wording is very apt - the officiating was shameful at times, something which was duly noted by Mr Rimmer hopefully

I think Browny was actually suggesting it was a bit dubious to say the least but I'm sure he'll clarify. Shameful is an appropriate way of describing it.

I finally rolled in at midnight after a highly successful and enjoyable weekend in Toulouse.

Firstly, my apologies to Robins up North, I couldn't find a programme seller in our stand anywhere. I will however see if I can get someone to part with one once they've read it.

We spend most of our time drinking in a pub called 'The Melting Pot' and flitting between a few takeaways - which is essential considering the alcohol consumption on these jaunts.

I met up with a gent called Andy Moore, a Hull lad who is exiled in Southampton. He is the PR man for their local RL club, the Spitfires.

Old Frightful will be happy to learn that I ensured Gwilym Lloyd returned safe and well to his hotel after a couple of beers with us. There was some sort of street festival going on but by the time it kicked off I'd had zero sleep and wandered back to the hotel.

On the game day I treated myself to a Espresso shot, which really did the trick, but had to put up with the abomination that is Carlsberg at the ground - truly horrible stuff.

I'm extremely happy to get the win, albeit maybe a bit lucky to say so. There were some strange calls made, one or two in Rovers' favour that I didn't quite understand but I'll take them. The crowd was fantastic, there were plenty of locals there, especially school children, and Catalans brought about 15 coach loads up. It is clear that a French/Catalan rivalry can grow if Toulouse make Super League in 2015 - Toulouse had a 'We're coming in 2015' banner showing that want in!

All in all an excellent experience in a new city watching the greatest game of all.

Firstly, my apologies to Robins up North, I couldn't find a programme seller in our stand anywhere. I will however see if I can get someone to part with one once they've read it.

I have a spare programme  if anyone is interested - pm me with your address and I will send it on

Hilarious

I know, I am available for private functions especially ones for Hull FC fans ;)

I know, I am available for private functions especially ones for Hull FC fans ;)

That makes you sound like some kind of stripper.