Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

23/06/13 - Bradford Bulls v Widnes Vikings - KO 15:00

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

I've not noticed the crowds, are they really declining, I thought the club were ok for crowds, really did.

Should be a good away following next weekend, especially if we win tomorrow

There could well be more Warrington fans than home fans next week. Crowds are getting worse and the on field fare isn't going to attract any casual fans. The squad is paper thin and ultimately not good enough anyway.

It could be a massacre next week.

To be clear, I was having a bit of banter with hindle, I'm not baiting the bull fans...... You must be glad to have a club playing in super league. ... It's been a better season than you'd have thought mid last year.

I'll take the banter! There's always the joy of still having the club, and the grief of listening to fans who bailed us out, but I'm not sure things are all hunky dory, perhaps it was over-achieving and consequences of the spending cuts but it certainly is a forlorn looking season now.

Yay, Wooly Bully. :(

To me it's a bit like when a player takes a painkilling injection to stay on the pitch but ends up missing the rest of the season. Sometimes it's better to come off the pitch rather than struggle on and cause more long term damage.

Poor show in the second half after a decent first half, when we should have had a couple more scores. Kevin Brown ran the show, whereas Addy and Gale didn't look like they'd been formally introduced.

Taking Evans and Blyth off with twenty minutes to go, shortly followed by Donaldson, signalled the demise of what cover tackling we had. After that, we were hanging on.

Gareth Hock had a very strong game, I thought he was the best forward on the field.

Let's hope Jarrod Sammut is fit for next week.

Thinking about it, it was very similar to the Castleford v Hull FC game on Friday night.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I would rather have been demoted than limp along with half the money and declining crowds.

I'm sure you are just down in the dumps mate, but it seems a little excessive. You have seen your team win 7 games in SL this year, 12 months after you wasn't sure if they would even play this year, so I wouldn't be too down.

I also would let the half the money thing go or it will be one of those things that eats away at you and allow you to become bitter about it - the club had plenty of handouts last year and have been treated quite well, the new owner was confident they could run on a reduced allowance, and he has been proven right. The fact that you are on the edge of the playoffs is probably the best you could have hoped for surely?

Thing is Dave, I aren't particularly down in the dumps about it. I just think that all is still not right behind the scenes. I can accept struggling if it looks like you are climbing back out of the trough but I don't think we are.

There could well be more Warrington fans than home fans next week. Crowds are getting worse and the on field fare isn't going to attract any casual fans. The squad is paper thin and ultimately not good enough anyway.

It could be a massacre next week.

Keep the faith, you're one of the good guys, I sincerely hope all turns out well for you

I'll take the banter! There's always the joy of still having the club, and the grief of listening to fans who bailed us out, but I'm not sure things are all hunky dory, perhaps it was over-achieving and consequences of the spending cuts but it certainly is a forlorn looking season now.

Yay, Wooly Bully. :(

Thanks mr h, it was banter, wish no harm to the bull fans.

Thing is Dave, I aren't particularly down in the dumps about it. I just think that all is still not right behind the scenes. I can accept struggling if it looks like you are climbing back out of the trough but I don't think we are.

i suspect there may be a couple more average years yet before real signs of any growth for the Bulls. You went for a young unproven coach and some unproven players but you sit 9th - could be worse!

Interestingly your crowd was bigger than the Huds v Leeds game.

Much bigger. There were about 500  cubs, scouts guides on the pitch at half time.

i suspect there may be a couple more average years yet before real signs of any growth for the Bulls. You went for a young unproven coach and some unproven players but you sit 9th - could be worse!

A few weeks ago that 9th was 4th.....

I aren't bailing out but arent optimistic at all.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of SM, why interesting?

I would say it's hardly a surprise.

There were certainly not many Widnes fans there though, which is a shame really.

Having watched the Bulls lose a game from being well in front, I went home and watched Wales do exactly the same against England in the RU Junior World Cup Final.

:( :(

I'm going out now. Bet I get a bad pint.

Thinking about it, it was very similar to the Castleford v Hull FC game on Friday night.

Not really Widnes were the away team and won by scoring more tries.

There were certainly not many Widnes fans there though, which is a shame really.

que?? there were quite a few of us there, that said it was a pleasure to watch two teams that have returned from the brink competing a good sold super league game, nip and tuck with either side capable of winning the game.....

Not really Widnes were the away team and won by scoring more tries.

Or... one team twice stretched out a winning lead, which both times were clawed back and the game was ultimately decided by a breakaway try, although yesterday it was the penultimate try.

Good entertaining game for sure. Though we dominated and were easily the better side in most areas. The trouble with Widnes is that they've got possibly the best left sided attack in SL. We dealt with Hock pretty well I thought, but in doing so left the door open for Hanbury to carve it up. If Hock goes at the end of the season then it's hard to see Widnes maintaining their current levels.

Special mentions to Scruton, Blyth, Donaldson, Platt and particularly Luke Gale who had Hock running at him the whole game and put his body on the line many times. Sadly I think that's what dinted his attack.

I didn't understand the decision to bring off Donaldson and Blyth mid way through the second half, unless they were injured/knackered.

Hicks was reasonable although he penalised Widnes for about 4 high tackles on the bounce (one particularly bad one by Joesph on Donaldson), with another two that he let go, but there was never a hint of him talking to the captain or giving a final warning.

we were more or less camped in bradfords half for the last 15 minutes and scored the crucial tries to win the game. as for hicks i thought he was shocking as usual, how on earth he missed matty blythe knocking on was as mysterious as the marie celeste...when hock goes i think we have someone lined up already to take his place, to add to tess tickle in the second row..............rumours are that it is harrison hansen

P. I'm certainly thinking Cummins is probably out of his depth though, numerous tries came down the right hand side defence through Vikings' only real strike threat of Brown to Hock or Hanbury.

Bulls looked out on there feet, and I was surprised that with 5 mins left we were making only our 9th interchange. Don't know if injuries restricted this but certainly doesn't look like good management of subs.

It's odd that from the off I thought Salford and Widnes would effectively swap places in the table from last season to this. And we went from a draw away and a loss at home to Salford, to a draw away and a loss at home to Widnes. How queer.