Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

23/06/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos - KO 15:00

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

raining cats and dogs and has done all night - owt could happen (think of my hair - frizz city) 

but look, a window of opportunity from 3pm to 5pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646458?day=0

I just know that's going to update and make my post look stupid

apparently Foster and Minchella played yesterday in the U20's

Giants made hard work of it in the first half, giving Leeds masses of time and possession in our half (and Leeds were ably assisted by Silverwood...) but Leeds struggled to get through our defence, when they did it took something very special from them.

Giants though scores each foray into Leeds half it seemed.

Second half was played at a much higher tempo and out backs seemed to struggled under the high balls where Leeds didn't

Grix finally gave Silverwood an excuse to reduce us to 12 men by holding on for as long as Leeds had been all game, but we only need 12 men against Leeds so it didn't do them any good

Credit to Leed the gave it everything but understandably the Giants always had enough answers and strike for the game to be in doubt.

To be honest it  was a easy win, You can see why Leeds fans like KS so much cause without him they look a different side, Burrows does plenty work and a lot of running but doesn't really get the side going for me, Other side of the coin Leeds really struggled with Brough  and Lunt , but it's not that easy with  so many injuries, They had a massive amount of possession and field position with little to show for it, but they kept going and scored one really nice try, Well done to their fans. there was a good number there, I despair of Huddersfield's support   2nd V 4th local team and less than 8,000, K Davy must have  the patence of a Saint.

Giants experience counted today.

Plenty of enthusiasm from Leeds.

We defended our line well whereas Leeds didn't.

Impressed by Liam Sutcliffe as I was V Wigan at the Magic Weekend.

Shaun Lunt imperious - gets better and better.

Onwards and upwards - no sign of the crash of 2011/2012 as yet.

White Rat on form in the Rat & Ratchet.

I think I'll sleep well tonight.

Ah the Rat and Ratchet, good choice

For some reason our post game pub has become the Grove

Ah the Rat and Ratchet, good choice

For some reason our post game pub has become the Grove

The Star, the Grove, the R & R, the Sportsman, the Kings Head, the Head of Steam, the Slubbers and Turnbridge WMC.

We mix and match pre and post game. No wonder I sleep well.

Especially after a win eh

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... :)

Very well indeed, ran at the line more than usual and caused problems and set up some nice tries because of it

Very well indeed, ran at the line more than usual and caused problems and set up some nice tries because of it

How do the Fartown faithful feel about Brough and the England v Scotland situation?

It's kind of a moot point

Sure we'd love to see him in and England shirt but MacNamara put paid to that, so now all that matters is he helps us lift a trophy this season

It's kind of a moot point

Sure we'd love to see him in and England shirt but MacNamara put paid to that, so now all that matters is he helps us lift a trophy this season

It's ironic that he's picked Chase to do the job that Brough does but Brough is better at it.......

That argument has been done to death, Brough isn't an England player

That argument has been done to death, Brough isn't an England player

I know!! I just can't let it lie.... I'll drop it & get on with the rest if my life......

How do the Fartown faithful feel about Brough and the England v Scotland situation?

There's a possibility of a very interesting match between the two, in which a fired up Scotland lead by Brough could run a confused and badly organised England side pretty close.

At times Leeds found him completely unplayable.

At times Leeds found him completely unplayable.

We often do to be honest!

Shame one of the best bits isn't on that, a midfield break by CK who offloaded to Crabtree in support who rampaged upfield 50m