Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

24/06/13 - Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors - KO 19:45 (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

189 posts in this topic

Reading through this thread sounds like an excellent game. Is one reason for it that a lot of players had a break last week and the extra mid season rest has recharged a few tired batteries???

Best game of rugby league I've watched in years, and I'm a Wigan fan.

Some exceptional efforts last night - my moment of the match, as a prop myself, was Dom Crosby's burst up the middle.  Great acceleration and I thought he might swot Ratchford and go all the way.

I have to say Stevo did do my nut in a bit, although I tend not to get too carried away about it.

Lots of comments on twitter about Stevo shouting. Along with Joey Barton 'best sport on tv bar none'

O'Loughlin, McIlorum, Green, Thornley, Taylor, Lauaki, Prescott, Dudson and Flower would be my guess. Of those only Prescott hasn't been a regular first teamer this season, due to injury. It's a credit to Wigan's squad and policy of giving youngsters a chance that they still managed to field a very competitive team.

It's also a credit to their disciplined structure, that they can swap an injured first-teamer for a far less experienced player and not create too much of a problem. Wane has not dropped the Maguire baton.

great game to watch as a neutral, best team on the night won IMO........i thought stefan ratchford was absolutely brilliant,

Ratchford made an unbelievable 38 tackles with no misses.

Logan Tomkins was top tackler with 45.

As a benchmark, Farrell made 31 with 1 miss, Westwood 33 with 3 misses.

Looking at a few of the other stats, I think the following highlights Warrington's unbelievable defensive efforts:

> Wigan had 36 more carries than Wire - basically 6 more sets

> Wire made fewer missed tackles (20 vs 25) despite having to make 36 more tackles.

> Wire made more metres overall despite the extra 36 carries that Wigan had.

The average gain is interesting, with Warrington's forwards all making very strong metres.

Paul Wood and Dom Crosby were the two forwards who made the most metres (Crosby got up there due to his excellent 2nd half break!). Wood is a bit of an unsung hero.

It was a brilliant arm wrestle of a game which could have gone either way. Great stuff.

Looking at a few of the other stats, I think the following highlights Warrington's unbelievable defensive efforts:

> Wigan had 36 more carries than Wire - basically 6 more sets

> Wire made fewer missed tackles (20 vs 25) despite having to make 36 more tackles.

> Wire made more metres overall despite the extra 36 carries that Wigan had.

The average gain is interesting, with Warrington's forwards all making very strong metres.

Paul Wood and Dom Crosby were the two forwards who made the most metres (Crosby got up there due to his excellent 2nd half break!). Wood is a bit of an unsung hero.

It was a brilliant arm wrestle of a game which could have gone either way. Great stuff.

Dave

Where are you getting the stats from?

Dave

Where are you getting the stats from?

Superleague website mate - it's on the match report section.

Superleague website mate - it's on the match report section.

Penalty count tends to be the wong way wound though. Pens conceded. We usually win that one.

Penalty count tends to be the wong way wound though. Pens conceded. We usually win that one.

Yes - they should clarify that one.

I fully expect to see a new deal for Higham announced this week on the back of that performance.