Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daver85

Greatest of all time?

61 posts in this topic

For Saints, really struggling to narrow down the list. I've only been watching since the early 80's so i'd probably have to go with:

Sculthorpe

Cunningham

Long

Meninga

Lyon

just missing out would be: Kevin Ward, Paul Newlove, Chris Arkwrigh, Andy Platt & David Fairleigh.

If I ask my dad i'm sure the likes of Murphy, Karalius & Vollanhovan would be in there.

Top 5 I've seen in a Town shirt....

James Pickering

Boxer Walker

Paul Charlton

Phil McKenzie

Les Gorley

Steve nash

Pete smith

Brendan tuuta

Deryck fox

Steady

Still like to play silly beggars I see?

If getting a name wrong is playing silly beggars, I apologies for being thick and uneducated ..... It was a simple mistake.

No wonder I hardly ever post on here these days!!!

I apologise if I misinterpreted .... it's just that Turley had records for Goals and Paul Rowley is the coach now, which I apparently mistakenly believed everybody would know . Unfortunately, it appears from what you are saying that I let previous history colour my judgement

I apologise if I misinterpreted .... it's just that Turley had records for Goals and Paul Rowley is the coach now, which I apparently mistakenly believed everybody would know . Unfortunately, it appears from what you are saying that I let previous history colour my judgement

Cheers amh, a sincere and nicely put post ... Good evening to you and thanks again.... No apology required from you, I've been a tool too many times on here!!

Knocker Norton

Peter Sterling

Gary Schoefield

Gary Kemble

Lee Crooks

in my era

Gus Risman

Ike Southward

Brian Edgar

Boxer Walker

Billy Ivison

You old sod.

Mine are in no order:

Ken kerr

Jimmy pickering

Phil mckenzie

Mark mulligan

Ian thompson.....nah not really.

Howard Burns.

Steve nash

Pete smith

Brendan tuuta

Deryck fox

Steady

I saw Nash play for Fev in their 1973 cup run including Wembley- but I wasn't a Fev fan in those days. I wish I'd included Pete Smith in my list, he was fantastic for Fev.   There was Jimmy Thompson too - awesome for Fev and Bradford.

Nashy was my first "hero" as a lad! I'm so glad I got to see him playing for fev

Kevin Ward is probably the greatest prop I've ever seen - certainly from the competitive scrums era. Bear in mind I write this as a Fev fan.

Well said. As a kid I saw Thompson, Bridges & Farrar give it and take it. Great stuff