Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boxhead

How old are the posters on this Forum?

150 posts in this topic

24 I dont know why but ive been kind of feeling old the last few weeks (probably because I work with 20/21 year olds) but seeing the ages on this post has made me feel a hell of a lot better......Cheers guys haha :)

That's a funny aspect of getting older. I remember being about 16 thinking 25 was old, and 40...well forget it. Even 2 or 3 years difference then seemed a big deal. Now though, the age gap seems smaller, even though its probably bigger. (ie I have mates some mates who are 30 or so)

To make me realise I am old-ish, both my lads went to Download last weekend...with seperate gangs of mates, not together. I still think of my kids as kids even though only one is actually at school.

maybe we could get hold of BD96 ;)

Are you coming Andrew? 

England v Ireland was one of the World Cup games I had in mind to attend, so probably.

I was born on the first full day of the war which means that about eight years later I watched Belle Vue Rangers, Liverpool Stanley and Italy all play at Knowsley Road.

maybe we could get hold of BD96 ;)

Are you coming Andrew? 

[pedant mode] BD92 [/pedant mode]

[pedant mode] BD92 [/pedant mode]

oh ######

see you 2 Nov xx

Age is just a number, I work on clinical trials and hope one day to be involved in one which cures virulent types of cancer, so that keeps me going- my age? 77 going on 78. Incidentally I have been fortunate over these last few years to be involved in trials which have led to cures where formerly death was the usual outcome.

That's a funny aspect of getting older. I remember being about 16 thinking 25 was old, and 40...well forget it.

I remember being a kid in the 80s and working out how old I'd be in the year 2000.  It was unimaginably far away.

Then I can remember the Pulp song in the 90s about being a kid and planning to meet up in the year 2000, which was still in the far distance.

And now it's 2013 and I'm baffled as to where it's all gone.

I remember being a kid in the 80s and working out how old I'd be in the year 2000. It was unimaginably far away.

Then I can remember the Pulp song in the 90s about being a kid and planning to meet up in the year 2000, which was still in the far distance.

Absolutely.

I always remember shows like Tomorrows World and their claims that 'by the year 2000 we will all live in pods wearing silver suits and live on pills'

Way off beam- we don't wear silver suits.

Absolutely.

I always remember shows like Tomorrows World and their claims that 'by the year 2000 we will all live in pods wearing silver suits and live on pills'

Way off beam- we don't wear silver suits.

Then again, some of it has come true.

A smart phone or an ipad seems pretty ordinary to us, but if you took one back to 1980 it would be something sensational.

There's a bit at the start of the film 2001 where he speaks on a video phone to his daughter.   I'm sure that seemed pretty far off in the late 60s, but it's exactly what I do over Skype when I'm away with work.  

Then again, some of it has come true.

A smart phone or an ipad seems pretty ordinary to us, but if you took one back to 1980 it would be something sensational.

There's a bit at the start of the film 2001 where he speaks on a video phone to his daughter.   I'm sure that seemed pretty far off in the late 60s, but it's exactly what I do over Skype when I'm away with work.

Yeah a lot of it has actually become everyday. It's just the way they presented it you tended to think 'yeah, like that will happen'. And Kraftwerk never invented their 'instrument suits' though.

I remember being a kid in the 80s and working out how old I'd be in the year 2000.  It was unimaginably far away.

I'm still holding out for Busted and the Year 3000.

Apparently not much has changed.

But they live underwater?

Yeah not much of a change there. Typical pop stars with poor geological predictions

:blink:

These teeth you own, do you keep them in a jar?

Is the hair on a dummy?

44 BTW

Is the hair on a dummy? Some on here think so!

The first time I felt I was getting old was when I heard "Ride on Time" played as an oldiie on UK Gold.

9104077892_f2279650b4_b.jpg

IMG_0621 by Bleep1673, on Flickr

Scary picture?

After Marauder, another semi self portrait, done on my iPhone by my daughter in Mallorca, and I am wearing a Swinton tee-shirt!

Shame on Giraffe for showing it's ass in the background

I have to say I celebrated my 10,000th day in 1987, and I expect to celebrate my 20,000th day alive in 2016 (I think)

365 x age + number of leap year days = number of days

then add the number of days you need

I am 18633 days old, you will all be welcome at my 20,000 day birthday at Swinton's new stadium at Agecroft where I will supply free beer.