Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graham

What's on TV and When? Round 15 and Origin 2 - Discussion of games

34 posts in this topic

Fantastic break by Will Chambers round the outside and great to see Hampton backing up with good timing.Hampton second try. Blair converts.

14-12 to Titans.

Storm battled but Titans decide it a minute from end with try from short range.

18-12 to Titans.

Idris had great game.

Chambers likewise.

Great debut by Benny H !!

Some praise from bellyache.

They got stuck into him and we probably expected that being a small guy and being his first grade debut ... but he didn't lay down.

And mayhaps a subtle aside on Zillman :elf:

Surely Ben Hampton has a great future at Storm and in the game.

I guess he could be treated like Gareth Widdop - nursed to the top level as cover for Billy Whizz.

Otherwise maybe with Widdop going there could be other plans including him and Billy..

I don't see Finch as anything other than good experienced cover and he can't be long term anyway.

So Hampton is in a good place to benefit from being in a squad packed with international talent and experience and with opportunities for him on the horizon or now - at least in Origin season.

Gutted for Widdop. Had no idea you could dislocate your hip. Ouch! Hope they popped it back into place and he mends soon.

Notwithstanding the fact that Rabbitohs, Storm and Roosters are much the best 3 sides in the competition at present, Titans look like a decent GF contender I think. Dave Taylor is one of the best offloading props in the tournament, Idris surely one of the world's leading centres and the halves pairing of Kelly's vision and line bursts and Sezer's excellent kicking is a beauty. This before mentioning the Origin pairing of Bird and Myles upfront. And the fact that they have a smart Adidas kit. :) After 4 weeks of gorging on NRL, the Titans are my fave team just now I think.

You've hit the Titans at the best time.

This is the best style and quality of play I've seen from them.

Albert Kelly is an absolute cracking player.

Storm's young guns actually ran them close last weekend and stopped their halves from doing as much damage as they sometime can.

Jamal Idris has really turned himself round this season. He's a giant of a man but last season was  generally well below par. He's now one of the best in the NRL.

Great news. Hope he hasn't come back too soon for his own well being.