Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

Your favourite and worst looking RL trophies

48 posts in this topic

Love the World Cup trophy, especially the nostalgia around it, the fact it was lost and found in a rubbish bin just before the 1995 tournament.

Worst trophy by far the super league trophy, think it looks tacky and badly designed.

yea not a fan of the super league trophy.......I've always loved the World Club Challenge Super League trophy,... Big and massive and you could fill it with beer

Love the World Cup trophy, especially the nostalgia around it, the fact it was lost and found in a rubbish bin just before the 1995 tournament.

Worst trophy by far the super league trophy, think it looks tacky and badly designed.

Wasn't it found just before the 2000 World Cup, rather than 1995? But I'd agree. It's a great trophy. As is the Challenge Cup.

It was found in Bingley or something in a ditch in about 1994.

Best the Challenge cup with its neck

Worst is it the goodwill trophy? Something like that anyway its shocking.

The World Cup was found in 1990. It had gone missing in 1970.

Thanks for the correction. It was in the T&A at the time and not being into RL then, I remember thinking it sounded like nobody was that arsed that it went missing in the first place.

Best; Challenge Cup. Worst; wot Evil Homer said.

The World Cup looks too bulky to me, reminds me of Lego in a strange way, and the SL trophy is a bit meh. The WCC is bland as hell, it's just AN Cup.

The Courtney Goodwill Trophy - a monument to bad taste and excess that was the precursor to the Rugby World Cup. In addition, it's massive!

goodwill_after_h520.jpg

The Courtney Goodwill Trophy - a monument to bad taste and excess that was the precursor to the Rugby World Cup. In addition, it's massive!

goodwill_after_h520.jpg

That's the one

goodwill_after_h520.jpg

So gross, it's almost beautiful.....

goodwill_after_h520.jpg

F*ck a duck.

F*ck a duck.

If someone can find a photo of it with a person in it so you can see the size of it.then you may a duck.

It even foretold Wayne Godwin's helicopter (top right). The giant cock on the other side, well, make up your own joke for that.

If someone can find a photo of it with a person in it so you can see the size of it.then you may ###### a duck.

Is it a lifesize globe on the top?

Is it a lifesize globe on the top?

What's on the picture is just the lid

What's on the picture is just the lid

Shut.

Your.

Ass.

No-way!!