Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Dick

Interesting news

74 posts in this topic

I've heard Batley are in the s##t with their finances. Oh dear.

Well if you've heard it it must be true.

So have the Batley players, that's why most of them want out

To be fair, you are the expert in players leaving your club at the end of the season . . . so fair do's. It's why you have been rubbish for years.

I seem to remember, not so many days ago, Mr Rombo proclaiming that he had decided to turn over a new leaf and be more positive with his comments.  Mmm!.  Looks like the same old poisonous drivel to me.  

Not quite Eddie.

Other teams with bigger budgets have simply offered some of our players more money than we can offer. Thats life. We rightly are not willing to break our wage structure for any player. That's one of the reasons why we've achieved financial stability over the last few years, despite small crowds and less revenue than alot of other teams in this division, including Dewsbury.

One of the downsides of success on the field is that other clubs take an interest in your players, which is what has happened with us over the course of the last 12 months.

Thankfully for you, thats not something the Rams currently need to worry about.

I seem to remember, not so many days ago, Mr Rombo proclaiming that he had decided to turn over a new leaf and be more positive with his comments.  Mmm!.  Looks like the same old poisonous drivel to me.  

He hit the depths for me with his stated desire that we become financially crippled! If he cannot rise above petty regional rivalry to post vindictive and malicious comments he deserves all he gets on here. Personally I would hate any club to fall on bad times, and he seems to have forgotten his clubs financial plight at the beginning of this season.

Crossley left last season to Fev and in previous years we have lost England, Bostock, Finn, Lockwood, Powell, and even a certain Eddie Rombo all of which have gone to Fev. I hope Fev don't come looking again for next season then again I think they're more interested in what Batley have on offer this time around.

When piggy's mate turns over a new leaf so shall I.

Its 2 years since we lost our 5 so called best players in Handforth, Rettie, Robinson, Hesketh and Manning. All were replaced by better players except perhaps Manning. We lost Brown last year and replaced with Johnson, in my opinion a much better winger. We'll get by!

I've heard Batley are in the s##t with their finances. Oh dear.

:lol: who told you that Eddie? I hope it wasn't your mate Tranqulizer as it was just pillow talk ;)

Wouldn't believe what you read. I believe Fev are after a couple of Batley player but Moore isn't one of them Lets all wait and see what happens

When piggy's mate turns over a new leaf so shall I.

post-11086-0-21933100-1371854374_thumb.jpg

Oh dear oh dear mr rombo please just stick to ur car boots because without them dews would go bust

Oh yeah rombo just for the record when did dews produce a super league plsyer last????????? I will stand corrected but i believe it was micheal wainwright but who did he join after he left super league let me think ???? Oh yeah batley and then went back to super league to cas . Oh yeah then did what every over the hill player did which was let me think sbout this one !!!!!! Oh yeah joined dews to top up is pension ??? I think i made my point lol

How can you afford to run as a business when your crowds are diabolical and you have no other way of financing the club? Nicholson won't bank roll you forever!

According to a genuine source they may have had their wages cut and that may have upset the apple cart.

I wonder what his genuine source was? I've heard Hemingway has signed for dewsbury but the only reason was that they offered more money and he's guaranteed to play every week. Either was you have a good lad there.

Lets just ignore Eddie trying to wind people up,let me just say this least not got pryce robbing us every week,it's not are best players that leave every year and also what do you know about are finances stick to your team and stop coming on here with your silly comments

We aren't in a financial mess.

We simply don't have the money to offer the same wages as clubs like Fev and Fax, etc. So if they offer our players more than we can, then we are likely to lose a few.

That's life. We will just have to find replacements. And I'm sure that process is already under way...

Yep. Just like many other Championship clubs, including mine.

He hit the depths for me with his stated desire that we become financially crippled! If he cannot rise above petty regional rivalry to post vindictive and malicious comments he deserves all he gets on here. Personally I would hate any club to fall on bad times, and he seems to have forgotten his clubs financial plight at the beginning of this season.

I agree with you that no-one should wish ill upon any other RL club - we all need each other after all. However, when living in a glasshouse beware of throwing stones - a number of posters on here (BTJ being the obvious one) have clearly stated their ill will towards a n umber of other clubs. Shame on them!!

I agree with you that no-one should wish ill upon any other RL club - we all need each other after all. However, when living in a glasshouse beware of throwing stones - a number of posters on here (BTJ being the obvious one) have clearly stated their ill will towards a n umber of other clubs. Shame on them!!

Not disagreeing with that at all, but as ER was the subject of the discussion at the time, I thought I would give my reasons for my own distaste of a number of his postings.

I also think there is a difference between stating ones 'ill-will' and dislike of other clubs, and hoping a club becomes 'financially crippled.' for no other reason than their geographical location.

He dosnt seem to understand that is comments are vindictive and nasty. I ave said for a while now dews need batley just as much as we need dews . We ave to try and work to geather in these difficult times due to the fact no one cares about weather we go under or not other than us fans think what u want but the reailty is we should try to work togeather .

He dosnt seem to understand that is comments are vindictive and nasty. I ave said for a while now dews need batley just as much as we need dews . We ave to try and work to geather in these difficult times due to the fact no one cares about weather we go under or not other than us fans think what u want but the reailty is we should try to work togeather .

Point taken. I've gone too far in recent posts. 

Taking my views slightly out of context there old boy.

Theres a big difference between 'ill will' towards other clubs and not being interested in the goings on at other clubs and wanting the best for your own club.

Its also a bit hypocritical you saying this in light of your constant sly jibes at Batley on here looking for a reaction.

Taking my views slightly out of context there old boy.

Theres a big difference between 'ill will' towards other clubs and not being interested in the goings on at other clubs and wanting the best for your own club.

Its also a bit hypocritical you saying this in light of your constant sly jibes at Batley on here looking for a reaction.

I read the comment "couldn't care less what happens to other clubs" as implied ill-will. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for "sly jibes", well if you can't take a little teasing about your club then you really shouldn't come on RL forums.

I read the comment "couldn't care less what happens to other clubs" as implied ill-will. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for "sly jibes", well if you can't take a little teasing about your club then you really shouldn't come on RL forums..

when BTJ says he "couldn't care less what happens to other clubs" i think he is saying as long as Batley are safe and sound hes happy and that the others clubs should keep their own houses in order.

but he is not coming out and naming one particular club like ER and Energiser do.( ie Batley ) and wanting just Batley to go under and saying so on the Batley forum too.

even you BSJ and recently Coolie seem to have mellowed in your attitude towards the Bulldogs.

sorted BSJ....LOL