Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Severus

Jeremy Forrest sentenced to 5 1/2 years for abducting a minor

88 posts in this topic

I. Agree he is no paedophile

He is. He is just a different kind of paedophile to Hall. Hall was worse.

He is. He is just a different kind of paedophile to Hall. Hall was worse.

He may or may not be a paedophile, I don't know him.

But many guys must have had sex with 15 year old girls they met in pubs etc. (assumed they were older) It doesn't make them paedophiles does it?

But many guys must have had sex with 15 year old girls they met in pubs etc. (assumed they were older) It doesn't make them paedophiles does it?

He doesn't really need to be a paedophile for it to be wrong. The reason, as a teacher, you're not meant to groom and **** a schoolgirl isn't necessarily because she's a few months shy of the age of consent: it's because you are in an almost unique position of emotional trust, authority and influence over her.

*And* she's under the age of consent.

I was listening to a report about this on Radio 4 news this week and the reporter said, 'Forrest broke the first rule of teaching to not have sexual relations with his pupils.'

It made me think, if this is the first rule I wonder what the top 5 are!

He doesn't really need to be a paedophile for it to be wrong. The reason, as a teacher, you're not meant to groom and **** a schoolgirl isn't necessarily because she's a few months shy of the age of consent: it's because you are in an almost unique position of emotional trust, authority and influence over her.

*And* she's under the age of consent.

I completely agree.

I was just pointing out that getting done for underage sex doesn't necessarily make you a paedophile. Not that it is ok either.

I wonder how many of these 15 year old girl that are in the pub, will be dressed as a school girl and i wonder how many of the people who slept with them knew they were a 15 year old school girl.

I wonder how many of these 15 year old girl that are in the pub, will be dressed as a school girl and i wonder how many of the people who slept with them knew they were a 15 year old school girl.

Er, that sort of was my point.

Believe me, I am not defending the teacher in this case.He's old enough and trained enough to realise that he committed a gross violation of privilege and trust.

However, with regard to the axiom '"Let he that is innocent of sin cast the first stone" , how many posters can say that they never had sex before they were 16? Human nature dictates the likelihood is that men will claim a flourishing pre-relationship  sex- life, whilst women will claim a corrresponding adherence to chastity.

As ever, we will do nothing to sort the dilemma

That's surely not the point. Teachers are meant to be in a position of trust, not in a nightclub half cut.

I have no problem with his jail sentence. I do have a problem with Hall's though.

It was hardly an accident, he knew how old she was.

That's surely not the point. Teachers are meant to be in a position of trust, not in a nightclub half cut.

Teachers are allowed to be in nighclubs, half-cut. They just have to be discreet about not doing it in the area where they work.

Jeremy Forrest was in a position of responsibility and he grossly violated this.

Saying that some 15 year olds can look 16 etc is irrelevant. Firstly, he knew exactly how old she was and there is simply no comparison to making a mistake with a girl that has been made up to look older than she is in a nightclub. He knew full well that his position meant that he couldn't have a relationship with her.

Most people on her presume that it would have been some kind of one off. There is no evidence of this, he clearly found young girls attractive and there is nothing to suggest that he would have stopped at this 15 year old girl. Who knows how many of his 13/14 year olds that looked a bit older than they were he found attractive and would have fallen in love with?

He groomed an underage girl, it is not difficult to avoid a situation where you will fall in love with a pupil. I very much doubt it just happened one day. They were right to severely punish him and send out a message to any others.

Teachers are allowed to be in nighclubs, half-cut. They just have to be discreet about not doing it in the area where they work.

They don't have to be but of course it wouldn't make much sense to make a fool of yourself regularly with parents watching.

Most people on her presume that it would have been some kind of one off. There is no evidence of this, he clearly found young girls attractive and there is nothing to suggest that he would have stopped at this 15 year old girl. Who knows how many of his 13/14 year olds that looked a bit older than they were he found attractive and would have fallen in love with?

He groomed an underage girl, it is not difficult to avoid a situation where you will fall in love with a pupil. I very much doubt it just happened one day. They were right to severely punish him and send out a message to any others.

You may well be right but is not think there is any evidence to suggest that Forrest would go on to commit similar crimes with other teenage girls.

It was hardly an accident, he knew how old she was.

I didn't say it was an accident in his case. But you implied that anyone who has underage sex is a paedophile, but its not quite so black and white.

I didn't say it was an accident in his case. But you implied that anyone who has underage sex is a paedophile, but its not quite so black and white.

Anyone, by definition, who has sex with an underage is a paedophile, but there can be mitigating circumstances (or indeed aggravating factors).

They don't have to be but of course it wouldn't make much sense to make a fool of yourself regularly with parents watching.

Or the students.

Anyone, by definition, who has sex with an underage is a paedophile, but there can be mitigating circumstances (or indeed aggravating factors).

Surely a paedophile is someone who likes pre pubescent children? There is a massive difference even in tacky cases like Forrests to that.

Surely a paedophile is someone who likes pre pubescent children? There is a massive difference even in tacky cases like Forrests to that.

The legal definition is "below the age of consent".

Which varies from country to country.

Which varies from country to country.

All crimes have slightly different definitions but a murderer is someone who has committed murder according to the laws of the country that the offence took place. And paedophilia is no different.

All crimes have slightly different definitions but a murderer is someone who has committed murder according to the laws of the country that the offence took place. And paedophilia is no different.

So if a man has sex with a 15 year old girl in the UK he is a paedophile but not if he does it in France? The murderers victim is definitely dead in any country tho.

Is it?  Why then are the punishments different?  Sex with a persion aged under 12 years is automatically rape whereas that is not the case for those over 12.  Surely that would suggest that even legally there is some difference attributed to age?

eta: just Googled and it would appear that paedophilia is not recognised as a legal term.