Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Severus

Jeremy Forrest sentenced to 5 1/2 years for abducting a minor

88 posts in this topic

Which you think he is.

If paedophile is merely a catch-all term for lazy hacks then I can't see how it can be denied.

If paedophile is merely a catch-all term for lazy hacks then I can't see how it can be denied.

Do you always concur with what hacks say about people?

Do you always concur with what hacks say about people?

I think it's safe to say that if he sued for slander / libel on the "paedophile" label then he'd lose on the simple grounds that he was convicted for a child sex offence. That's not a media invention.

I think it's safe to say that if he sued for slander / libel on the "paedophile" label then he'd lose on the simple grounds that he was convicted for a child sex offence. That's not a media invention.

I doubt he has the moral high ground, for sure. But is he, in your opinion, a paedophile?

I doubt he has the moral high ground, for sure. But is he, in your opinion, a paedophile?

Yes.

Maybe not as bad as Stuart Hall.

Yes.

Maybe not as bad as Stuart Hall.

I understand your opinion and it is a case of semantics but IMO he is not a pedophile. Intercourse with a physically developed teenager (although perhaps not emotionally developed) is a whole different ball game to intercourse with a pre-pubescent child. 

'suspicion of sexual assault by police probing an alleged VIP paedophile ring'.

Ooer missus.

:ph34r:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/charles-napier-arrest-half-brother-tory-1998917

You need to be careful about what you post on this Wolers.

There have been rumours about this stuff for a long time and various allegations made on the internet but also allegations that have been referred to in cautious general terms in some newspapers. Some of the allegations concern what would be very serious offences and accusations of collusion and corruption.

Maybe so but the argument was about whether Forrest was a paedophile or not.

It seems to be a circular argument.............

You need to be careful about what you post on this Wolers.

There have been rumours about this stuff for a long time and various allegations made on the internet but also allegations that have been referred to in cautious general terms in some newspapers. Some of the allegations concern what would be very serious offences and accusations of collusion and corruption.

I was only ooer-ing the double entendre in the report.

B)

I understand your opinion and it is a case of semantics but IMO he is not a pedophile. Intercourse with a physically developed teenager (although perhaps not emotionally developed) is a whole different ball game to intercourse with a pre-pubescent child.

so as long as they've got big #### they're fair game?

so as long as they've got big #### they're fair game?

Nope, sex with a minor is still a crime.

I understand your opinion and it is a case of semantics but IMO he is not a pedophile. Intercourse with a physically developed teenager (although perhaps not emotionally developed) is a whole different ball game to intercourse with a pre-pubescent child. 

True. But that's why I said he was a different kind of paedophile (and not as bad).