See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

Player In/out

82 posts in this topic

Now it's that time of season does anyone know who is actually signed on for next season at Fev

Hardman

Tongan(forgot his name)

Worthington

Finn

Hardman

Saxton

Smeaton

Worthington

Uaisele

Finn

Briggs

Ellis

Bryan

Hellewell

Dale

Crossley

James

Anymore?

Lets hope Briggs gets back fit it will be like a new signing really next season

England is I think, although obviously it's rumoured he will be moving on.

England is I think, although obviously it's rumoured he will be moving on.

Don't think that's a rumour

Don't think that's a rumour

It is until it's officially announced ;)

According to the Sun our (Batley) Gareth Moore has signed a 2 year deal with you guys.

According to the Sun our (Batley) Gareth Moore has signed a 2 year deal with you guys.

Our CEO told me and others last night that he wasn't aware of this newspaper article and it wasn't true anyway

I hope it isn't true, not because Gareth isn't a good player but if true, it means a better player is leaving in my opinion.

I hope it isn't true, not because Gareth isn't a good player but if true, it means a better player is leaving in my opinion.

I agree. For all that Finn (and Kain) may not have been at their best this season, I don't think there are many Championship teams that wouldn't take either of them with open arms.

I agree. For all that Finn (and Kain) may not have been at their best this season, I don't think there are many Championship teams that wouldn't take either of them with open arms.

Your bang on with that the best in this league for a few years shame some of our fans don't realise that

Finn and Kain are decent players, but for me are easily controlled in the big matches by the better teams. Our half back play is slow and predictable and needs some new ideas/fresh blood. Look at last seasons Grand Final and Northern Rail Trophy Final and see how little we were allowed to create and how little impact Finn and Kain had. And that's not to mention the lack of an effective kicking game.

I also half wonder whether we should move Kain back to hooker, and use him as an impact player against tiring defences.

Anyway, thats my take on things...

Briscoe? Released by Widnes and rumoured to be coming our way

Briscoe? Released by Widnes and rumoured to be coming our way

gone to workington mate.

Steve, weren't you one of the people bemoaning Powell's lack of silverware? Have you changed your mind about his departure yet.

They may have not won the silverware that they should have under Powell but he turned them into contenders, I don't know if they will be for much longer on recent performances,( although I did miss the York and Leigh games )but I sincerely hope that I am incorrect.

You may have some valid points about last year's finals, but if you cast your mind back to the Sheffield 2011 final you may recall that it was Finn and Kain's first half performance that was the platform for the victory.

Steve, weren't you one of the people bemoaning Powell's lack of silverware? Have you changed your mind about his departure yet.

They may have not won the silverware that they should have under Powell but he turned them into contenders, I don't know if they will be for much longer on recent performances,( although I did miss the York and Leigh games )but I sincerely hope that I am incorrect.

You may have some valid points about last year's finals, but if you cast your mind back to the Sheffield 2011 final you may recall that it was Finn and Kain's first half performance that was the platform for the victory.

yes very true but last year Sheffield learnt from there mistakes and did a good job on finn and kain and won the big prize

yes very true but last year Sheffield learnt from there mistakes and did a good job on finn and kain and won the big prize

Had Smeaton not been injured in training last year and Ellis not gone back to Wakey we would of won easy in the final and 2 year previous the game hadn't stopedfor half an hour I believe it would of been 3 from 3 but it wasn't to be and we are where we are

The way I see it you ideally start the season with 3 decent half backs in your squad. So this would be Finn, Kain and Briggs, who in my opinion are the best in the division.

Using these players you then start with whoever is best given the opposition you are playing. Unfortunately Briggs is out meaning that the coaches options are limited, so we need to get on with what we have because signing a quality halfback in the middle of the season is not easy.

It does make me laugh how fickle some of our fans are. It wasn't too long that I heard negative comments about Briggsy and were full of praise for Kain and Finn. Now we lose disapointingley to Donny and I bet the same people are wishing Briggsy was fit.

Had Smeaton not been injured in training last year and Ellis not gone back to Wakey we would of won easy in the final and 2 year previous the game hadn't stopedfor half an hour I believe it would of been 3 from 3 but it wasn't to be and we are where we are

you can never be sure about these things, but i agree with you

The way I see it you ideally start the season with 3 decent half backs in your squad. So this would be Finn, Kain and Briggs, who in my opinion are the best in the division.

Using these players you then start with whoever is best given the opposition you are playing. Unfortunately Briggs is out meaning that the coaches options are limited, so we need to get on with what we have because signing a quality halfback in the missle of the season is not easy.

It does make me laugh how fickle some of our fans are. It wasn't too long that I heard negative comments about Briggsy and were full of praise for Kain and Finn. Now we lose disapointingley to Donny and I bet the same people are wishing Briggsy was fit.

i would never have a go at Kainy. he's bound to go off the boil at sometime. there are times when he has been dragging us over the line all on his own.

gone to workington mate.

Thank goodness. Dont think he would have added anything

According to League Weekly - Fev raid Batley.................Gareth Moore, Walmsley (brother) & Keegan Hurst with Andy Kain moving the other way!!

add Flanagan to that....

Hmmmmmm...........

any player who pulls on a fev shirt will get my support... but flannagan???? I don't see in his signing what the bod/new coach do if you are correct!

Using these players you then start with whoever is best given the opposition you are playing. Unfortunately Briggs is out meaning that the coaches options are limited, so we need to get on with what we have because signing a quality halfback in the middle of the season is not easy.

Plus the fact that Jonny Hepworth has been out of sorts this season. If he's fit I'd like to see him back at either R/H or L/H pivot next week, which is his natural position though he hasn't played there yet this season. Surely we can afford to rest someone before we play Batley? He needs to regain confidence so that we have reliable back up in case of injury to Kain or Finn, and if he should return to top form we could return to using two stand-offs, in the same formation as when we won the GF. 

I don't get the Andy Kain going the other way thing? If it's in the League Express there will be an element of accuracy to it but if so it's a shocker.

Everyone knows that I am Kainy's biggest fan but even so with my bias I can't see why he would leave.

1) He's not signed on so we wouldn't get a fee, even though we would get an inferior half back and a bloke who is playing for the Bulldogs, who pi st on his chips a few years ago when at Bradford. Yeah, RL's about redemption and all that, I get it.

2) Andrew Kain is still only 27 years of age, yes 27, he is still in his prime.

3) He has played for 7 seasons at Rovers amassing around 110 tries, he is only 3 seasons from a lucrative benefit, and would still only be 30 years of age.

4) Basically he is the best stand off half in our division and as one very astute poster said has dragged us over the line on many occasions and will continue to do so.

5) He's as hard as nails and he comes back from 3 month potential injuries in 2 weeks.

6) He can adeptly play, Hooker, Scrum half and Stand off without wanting to tarmac your drive.

7) He's the most naturally talented player in the squad.

8) He's got the longest head to body size ratio.

TAKAS.