Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

Player In/out

82 posts in this topic

I don't get the Andy Kain going the other way thing? If it's in the League Express there will be an element of accuracy to it but if so it's a shocker.

Everyone knows that I am Kainy's biggest fan but even so with my bias I can't see why he would leave.

1) He's not signed on so we wouldn't get a fee, even though we would get an inferior half back and a bloke who is playing for the Bulldogs, who pi st on his chips a few years ago when at Bradford. Yeah, RL's about redemption and all that, I get it.

2) Andrew Kain is still only 27 years of age, yes 27, he is still in his prime.

3) He has played for 7 seasons at Rovers amassing around 110 tries, he is only 3 seasons from a lucrative benefit, and would still only be 30 years of age.

4) Basically he is the best stand off half in our division and as one very astute poster said has dragged us over the line on many occasions and will continue to do so.

5) He's as hard as nails and he comes back from 3 month potential injuries in 2 weeks.

6) He can adeptly play, Hooker, Scrum half and Stand off without wanting to tarmac your drive.

7) He's the most naturally talented player in the squad.

8) He's got the longest head to body size ratio.

TAKAS.

nodding here boss ( in agreement) lol

Don't know what's going off if we let Kainy go The only way he shouldn't be in a Fev shirt next year is if he doesn't want to play for us

I'd be disappointed to see him leave. The only thing I think is missing from his game is stronger kicking ability, but then if he had that as well he wouldn't be with us, he'd be in SL.

The only way I would have imagined Andy leaving is to a club where he'd briefly worn the shirt before, where is uncle played and under a coach that really loved him. No more clues needed. Some may say he is not SL standard but he's good enough for that club at present.

Time will tell. Personally, whilst potential player news does interest me, I'm far more interested in how this season will unfold than who might be in the team for 2014!

Kainy wont go to cas - theyve already burnt their bridges with that option according to the man himself

Our CEO told me and others last night that he wasn't aware of this newspaper article and it wasn't true anyway

you're ceo hasn't spoke to mr bastian or probiz then? Done deal with the rest with hopefully 6 joining us who are in talks this coming weeks campbell and sherdian wrote a list of decent championship players and it was tore up and bastian said he wants his own team and thinks finn and kain are past it for starters also heard he is trying to sign thackery from fax

you're ceo hasn't spoke to mr bastian or probiz then? Done deal with the rest with hopefully 6 joining us who are in talks this coming weeks campbell and sherdian wrote a list of decent championship players and it was tore up and bastian said he wants his own team and thinks finn and kain are past it for starters also heard he is trying to sign thackery from fax

I haven't got a crystal ball or neither am I a mind reader, so don't know if he's spoken to them, just actually put it on here to prove a point, but on this one you've no idea on which point I'm trying to prove!!!

I will believe mo on this one as I was leaning towards believing your post but when you said were trying to sign thackery to replace Finn or kain that did it for me. Its like replacing deryck fox with mark Aston

I don't get the Andy Kain going the other way thing? If it's in the League Express there will be an element of accuracy to it but if so it's a shocker.

Everyone knows that I am Kainy's biggest fan but even so with my bias I can't see why he would leave.

1) He's not signed on so we wouldn't get a fee, even though we would get an inferior half back and a bloke who is playing for the Bulldogs, who pi st on his chips a few years ago when at Bradford. Yeah, RL's about redemption and all that, I get it.

2) Andrew Kain is still only 27 years of age, yes 27, he is still in his prime.

3) He has played for 7 seasons at Rovers amassing around 110 tries, he is only 3 seasons from a lucrative benefit, and would still only be 30 years of age.

4) Basically he is the best stand off half in our division and as one very astute poster said has dragged us over the line on many occasions and will continue to do so.

5) He's as hard as nails and he comes back from 3 month potential injuries in 2 weeks.

6) He can adeptly play, Hooker, Scrum half and Stand off without wanting to tarmac your drive.

7) He's the most naturally talented player in the squad.

8) He's got the longest head to body size ratio.

TAKAS.

Agree Andy. It would be a shock and a disappointment to me if he's allowed to leave. Great little player

So much for nobody leaving then that's what was said at that meeting wasn't it

Its like replacing deryck fox with mark Aston .

Agreed. That was madness.

Never happened. Aston replaced Brett Daunt

True terry it was just an example of what I thought replacing Finn or kain with thackery would be like. But on that note Aston replacing daunt was madness too

League Weekly says Moore is believed to have signed a rwo year deal, also front rower Keegan Hirst is coming. Kain is shown as a possible leaver and going to Batley. I would not like to see Kain going. It looks as though England has pl;ayed his last game and Sheridan is looking for cover for the absentees such as Smeaton and England. Although Hepworth it says is likely to be available this weekend.

Don't know what to believe now Told our players were not for sale when Powell went yet looks like England off to Warrington. Told by CP that Mariano was here for season and could only be called back for cup match yet now back at Wakey Maureen asks CP about about Batley player and the article in paper he says its not true so we will see shame other rumours weren't squashed over the season

Whatever happens we will all have our opinion on who leaves but the club need to think about the things they say because people will stop believing them

The League Weekly says that the signing of Moore was on the instigation of Bastien who offered a five figure contract. Perhaps we are not having proper communication between our officials. We now have tales purporting to have come from our CEO, Sheridan and Bastien that don't collate. Perhaps we could have an offical announcement to clear the air a bit..

League Weekly says Moore is believed to have signed a rwo year deal, also front rower Keegan Hirst is coming. Kain is shown as a possible leaver and going to Batley. I would not like to see Kain going. It looks as though England has pl;ayed his last game and Sheridan is looking for cover for the absentees such as Smeaton and England. Although Hepworth it says is likely to be available this weekend.

IMO James, I cannot see any of those Batley players bringing anything in. Again, IMO, Kainey ranks as being in the top three hookers in our league. Will leave a huge gap if he leaves.

Richard Moore will be a great signing for Fev he's had some barnstorming games when he's played for the Rhinos and the Hawks this year getting back to his best. He has  great go forward and is good at offloading he always gave Hunslet 100% on the field even though he was D/R

Richard Moore will be a great signing for Fev he's had some barnstorming games when he's played for the Rhinos and the Hawks this year getting back to his best. He has  great go forward and is good at offloading he always gave Hunslet 100% on the field even though he was D/R

Oops, sorry suzzy. mistakenly left him out of equation. Has come on a mile since leaving Wakey

?? The rumours concern Gareth Moore of Batley, a scrum-half, not Richard Moore.

?? The rumours concern Gareth Moore of Batley, a scrum-half, not Richard Moore.

Andy kaine for Gareth Moore Batleys gain for me keep Andy go for Richard Moore

From tonight's match there is no one better at Batley than what we have got so if we are wanting to move to another level hope we are looking else where. The players we sign need to be better than what we have got

You can have Mr Moore immediately for me. Just don't dare criticise his performance or you'll get lambasted on Twitter like some of our fans have.

With faisal spitting his dummy out our major SL signings clearly appear out of the window

A clear lack of ambition signing the above mentioned Batley players - if Bastian is wanting these to sign for Fev and get rid of what we have then hes probably off to a negative start with most supporters!