Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casablanca

Shaun Briscoe signs for Town

50 posts in this topic

Must have posted at the same time  ...mine just took 30 seconds longer to travel over the North Sea ;-)

Fantastic news . Biggest signing in quite a while . A statement of intent and a sign of how far we've come and where we are going .

This will raise the profile of the club , give us great exposure and be a great incentive for other top notch players to follow . Well done to all involved , I'm well chuffed . Up n up !

Yes, a great signing and well done to everyone connected with the signing.    Hopefully, he gets to like it here and signs again for next season.   It will free up Brett Carter to get a more roaming role in the team which can only be good.

Great signing by the BOD and a super shop window opportunity for Shaun to display his worth to the Rugby League World. It would be great if we could harness his skills and knowledge for next season as well. Welcome to Town Shaun!

great signing guys, your squad is very strong on paper and you should easily avoid relegation.

Good look at the weekend! :D

Well done charlo ogg and the bod! Great news! Carter can learn from him and they can bounce off each other

I would hazard a guess former Hull team-mates Dowes and Thacks being here would have something to do with him signing. And well done to the BOD and Charlo and Oggy for pulling off this signing.

Carter can learn from him and they can bounce off each other

cant see carter staying much longer now use have signed briscoe

He's still a huge part of our set up . He doesn't need a position . And it's initially only this year ... Dream on !

Carter can play more than one position, I can see him getting switched to the wing in place of Calderwood. Briscoe, at the moment, is only here until the end of the season.

And I can't see him wanting to play champ 1 again ...

but does he want to play in any other position? its like ballard joined swinton from us and didn't like it as he was getting played on the wing

but does he want to play in any other position? its like ballard joined swinton from us and didn't like it as he was getting played on the wing

Should it matter? You play where you coach tells you.

Should it matter? You play where you coach tells you.

Well yes it does matter... ballard left cause he wasn't enjoying where he was playing?

And that is the problem with modern day sports professionals!!!

but if you don't enjoy where your playing then why should they play there?

I get the point but I don't ever see Brett shoved out on the wing . Full back , centre or half he can play his own game from any of those positions , or as a floater off the bench . He gets himself involved and weaves a web from anywhere . He doesn't need a set position really anyway , he just plays his game near the ball , but he won't be frozen out on the flank I wouldn't think . No point in our team anyway , he'd hardly be involved . To good for that . Never seen him unhappy on a pitch either ! He won't miss out regardless of Briscoe , he'll get plenty of game time and maybe even more opportunities further up in the line .

Because you're getting paid and if you're happy enough to take the cash when things are going well you should work for it when things aren't.

What's to say Brett doesn't prove he's worthy of the full back place and Briscoe get moved?

Good squad , good competition in every place with someone looking over you're shoulder = good incentive to play well . This is good news , end of story . No negative here.

Because you're getting paid and if you're happy enough to take the cash when things are going well you should work for it when things aren't.

Exactly! Your getting paid! Some players don't just think of the money, and think about how good they want to play

lets be honest hed rather play stand off or centre in a championship side rather than full back against the likes of hemel and gloucester. brett may not be here next season as he only signed a 1 year deal but dont you think were covering all eventualities. and just because ballard spat the dummy dosent mean brett will. it probably shows ballard couldnt play any other position but brett has plenty of options.

lets be honest hed rather play stand off or centre in a championship side rather than full back against the likes of hemel and gloucester. brett may not be here next season as he only signed a 1 year deal but dont you think were covering all eventualities. and just because ballard spat the dummy dosent mean brett will. it probably shows ballard couldnt play any other position but brett has plenty of options.

Ballard was just an example