Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

casablanca

Shaun Briscoe signs for Town

50 posts in this topic

Exactly! Your getting paid! Some players don't just think of the money, and think about how good they want to play

Are you trying to stir it up a bit mate? Just because Briscoe has signed doesn't mean Brett will throw his toys out of the pram and pack in with Town. I think that's just more wishful thinking on your part. I'm sure Brett will play a big part in the remainder of this season, he is a big part of our squad and we all love him up here. 

Is it just me? but you can never seem to get on the haven forum when we make a star signing??!

Are you trying to stir it up a bit mate? Just because Briscoe has signed doesn't mean Brett will throw his toys out of the pram and pack in with Town. I think that's just more wishful thinking on your part. I'm sure Brett will play a big part in the remainder of this season, he is a big part of our squad and we all love him up here. 

Nope not stirring anything up, when he got replaced by Briscoe earlier in the season he wasn't too happy about it, as he put that on twitter. Im not wishful thinking at all, id love carter down at barrow 

My thoughts exactly voodoo . Big spoon being brought into the forum here . Not one town fan has had any negative comment to make or tied themselves in knots wondering how things are gonna pan out . You need a squad , and Brett is and will remain a huge part of it in a central position weaving his magic , and getting plenty of game time . He's multi talented and will do what he always does regardless of number . And position is just a starting base for him - he'll pop up anywhere and play his game as he's always done

but if you don't enjoy where your playing then why should they play there?

There is certain things I don't like about my

Job but I am getting paid and have to get on with things.

Have we heard anything deffo about Flynn as well or is Calders reprieved ?

There is certain things I don't like about my

Job but I am getting paid and have to get on with things.

Players play rugby because they enjoy it and its there hobbie, not because there getting paid, unless your a full timer in super league

Interesting view . I can think of a few we've had getting a handy pay packet for not much return ...and no doubt plenty at other lower league teams to

Interesting view . I can think of a few we've had getting a handy pay packet for not much return ...and no doubt plenty at other lower league teams to

exactly

Players play rugby because they enjoy it and its there hobbie, not because there getting paid, unless your a full timer in super league

Your on could 9 if you don't think they try and get as much money out of it as possible

Very romantic thought but some still choose to play amateur with their mates rather than sign but if your cloud cuckoo land theory stands up there'd never be contract negotiations as everyone would just play regardless of what they earned.

Carter is class and just because Town have signed another full back it doesn't mean that's it. He could play in other positions, Briscoe could play in other positions.

Nice try though. I'd expect comments like that from a Haven fan not a Barrow fan

Have we heard anything deffo about Flynn as well or is Calders reprieved ?

i think if flynn isnt playing then we will see mossop out there. i cant see calders playing and he dosent deserve to off recent efforts.

Aye , and that'll give us a rock solid defender there I guess . Calders will regroup though I'm sure of that , I'm backing him to regain his confidence , he never lacks effort .

Carter is class and just because Town have signed another full back it doesn't mean that's it. He could play in other positions, Briscoe could play in other positions.

Spot on with the last comment. During his career Briscoe has played on the wing and at Centre. Carter at number 1 with Briscoe in the Centres would be a good use of both talents.

I would be very surprised if Briscoe played anywhere else but fullback , but as I say I'm not worried for Brett . He plays free and off the cuff and sniffs out the ball . He can do that from anywhere on the park that's not on the wing . He plays with a licence in attack anyway really , chiming in and injecting himself into the game . Free role like Leigh may suit him .

Boom great shaun safe as houses but carter will be ok at stand off bow lets get these jam beat n get the 3 points well done to bod great news

It is a great compliment for our club , there's no doubt about that . Plays one game here and he's hooked .

Don't need paddy Flynn - ready made winger there in the squad in brett carter to take over from calderwood - bench could be - Lupton/olstrom - acton - thackaray- walne - strong .

Carter is capable of playing 1,2,3,4,5, and 6

Briscoe probably 1,3 and 4

No problem accommodating both of them

I'd probably discard Calderwood as :

Wingers - Miller, Carter, Mossop, Patrick, Rooney (when fit)

Centres - Carter, Briscoe, Morris, Patrick, Mossop, Rooney, Connor, Olstrum (at a push)

And thats without DR. Once Rooney is back I'd definitely say bye bye to Calders

Flynn is on the wing no calders

Flynn is on the wing no calders

good news scott, were looking at pretty much full strength.

good news scott, were looking at pretty much full strength.

Some good quality players in the squad tbh I can't see us losing but anything can happen in a Cumbrian derby