Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

class of 63

Hunslet away

107 posts in this topic

An important league clash between two clubs to have done the clean sweep of all RL's major honours and the central talking point is the injury situation at Warrington and Leeds. How sad and totally deplorable.

I would say that this clearly IS directed at the posters on this forum.

Tell me then phillh please, apart from handing your money to another club on a Sunday, what have YOU done to rectfy the situation?

I cannot believe that you suggest we dont support certain players whilst on the field. Is it their fault? Should we boo them?

Tell you what, come and join the rest of us 'sad and totally deplorable' characters this afternoon and show us how to boo players in the bar afterwards, I'd love a good laugh!

Well said

I've said it before I'll say it again. ..this isn't about disagreeing on the subject matter its about your outlook on life

By the way I'm now in Mammoth and its really nice...the wifi is free again too.

I actually thought you were in 'Monmouth' and your 'wife' had been locked up for a minute there!

Its the situation that I find sad and deplorable, the people who have brought the situation about are not the fans - my sentiments are directed elsewhere.

As there now appears to be a large majority of people unhappy with the club's approach to partnering there is one thing I would like to explore. As and when Chris Bridge takes the ball up today, and possibly makes a contribution that proves pivotal to the outcome of the match, will all you people that are expressing discontent about DR be cheering and applauding? To me this guy is clearly not a bone fide Swinton player and due to that it would feel totally hypocritical to support what he does in a Lions shirt. This is why I find it hard to go to games at the moment.

The agenda Chris Bridge will be representing today is damaging the identity, heritage and future prospects of Swinton Lions, not furthering them. So how could I support that?

I think I'll do as I please Phil. I just don't like being judged on here for supporting the Lions. Stay at home and just post sniping comments on here...but like it or not you're probably doing much more damage to the Lions by not going every week, opposed to all the people on here who actually turn up.

Nobody is suggesting that you don't attend games Bryce.I honestly wish I felt like all the others whose support for the club is unconditional.God knows I've tried! I just cannot stomach Being informed which personel are selected this week on WRringtons website and by Tony Smith.

Also, how disrespectful is that to the lads who were Swinton players before DR and who show real passion and commitment and put their bodies on the line for the love of the game and for Swinton Lions.

If anyone has forgotten the names I'll refresh you,

Ian Watson

Marlon Billy (Coach, I know)

Daz Hawkyard

Richie Hawkyard - longest serving player

Martin Ainscough

Kev Penny

Neil Holland

Chaz I'Anson

Mark Smith

Sam Reay

David Mills

Nobody is suggesting that you don't attend games Bryce.I honestly wish I felt like all the others whose support for the club is unconditional.God knows I've tried! I just cannot stomach Being informed which personel are selected this week on WRringtons website and by Tony Smith.

I'm fairly positive people know I go to games, that wasn't my point.

If you don't want to go to the games, fair play, well done. But you're not helping at all really are you? So why come on here and have a go at the people that do, it's out of order.

What I don't understand is not turning up to games when you obviously have an affinity for the club that IS Swinton Lions...not WAS or what MIGHT BE. I say that because you're always on here having a go at the DR system, yes, it doesn't work.

As far as I can see, that's the end of the conversation, it doesn't work. It'll probably change next season. There's nothing that us 400 fans are going to do about it between now and the end of the season. What we can do is turn up and try and cheer our team over the line, as I really don't want a trip to Oxford, Gloucester, London etc.

And my support isn't unconditional really. It's just a habit I can't get out of. I've got £15 burning a hole in my pocket every Sunday and I have nothing else to do as I'm just that sad.

Take me home, Station Road...

Looking at it realistically, it is a viewpoint really. Tony Smith makes players available to us, we are bottom of the league and desperately need a win. Had we been safe we could say 'no thanks Tony' we'll stick with our own but we're not and CB is a class player.

We need points badly and cannot turn the offer down. His view point is that we will play him as we need him. He isnt choosing our team, necessity is!

I'm not agreeing with it, it is how it is, and Hunslet will do the same!

It's interesting that there doesn't seem to be any criticism of DR on the Hunslet forum.

Well they have got one more point than us. :)

Especially when Richard Moore has regularly played for them. There has been suggestions of booing a player on here.....how ridiculous.

In all honesty I have to agree DR hasn't assisted us at all but for a season we are stuck with it and so long as 13 Swinton shirts are on a field of play I will watch them

Not so long ago many Utd fans were unhappy at the Glaziers purchase of Utd, they didn't stop going they protested with a different colour shirt.

Those stayaway fans of ours would be better voicing opinions at the games or are you happy to see the club die.

They are happy to see the club die I honestly think nothing would please them more so they could walk round with a smug self satisfied smile on their face for a while.

To all who stay away from games you stopped having the right to call yourselves supporters when you started to undermine and work against the club and team , people who support a team don't do that. End of.

I actually thought you were in 'Monmouth' and your 'wife' had been locked up for a minute there!

Ha ha

Thats next year. Spent up

Wish she was id have a much better time alone

Its the situation that I find sad and deplorable, the people who have brought the situation about are not the fans - my sentiments are directed elsewhere.

As there now appears to be a large majority of people unhappy with the club's approach to partnering there is one thing I would like to explore. As and when Chris Bridge takes the ball up today, and possibly makes a contribution that proves pivotal to the outcome of the match, will all you people that are expressing discontent about DR be cheering and applauding? To me this guy is clearly not a bone fide Swinton player and due to that it would feel totally hypocritical to support what he does in a Lions shirt. This is why I find it hard to go to games at the moment.

The agenda Chris Bridge will be representing today is damaging the identity, heritage and future prospects of Swinton Lions, not furthering them. So how could I support that?

To all you people?

As there NOW appears?

You see why people think your comments of sad and deplorable are aimed at them?

As I've said before nobody thought this situation was ideal and never have done

Most of us just choose to continue supporting our club in that blind faith way you can't understand.

Its called loving Swinton lions...unconditionally

By the way top top result LIONS well done to all players and coaching staff we have given a lot if stick out during the recent poor results but you deserve a huge congrats for pulling that off in the style you did well done.:D

Oh my word. Tony Smith must be raving at Swinton NOT playing Chris Bridge. Thought he picked the side?

Well done ALL the lads who turned out today. A workmanlike performance in poor conditions.

A big hand for that rubbish player Craig Harvey. 2 tries and 6 goals was a good haul. What was KP on today? He was like a demon popping up everywhere.

A bit more composure and we'd have had a big score there today!

Chris Bridge must have failed his fitness test, still enough room for 7 Warrington players in the starting 13. Still, if the fans are happy enough to continue giving their backing why not go the whole hog and have 13 of them?

Five changes from the team that played against Doncaster.Hopefully we can keep the same team for Sheffield.

Seriously philh, you've said your piece on here, over and over and its very boring. We all know DR as not really worked but lets get on with it.

Good and much needed win today, well done to harvey, definitely MOTM, penny a close second.

We must kick on from here.

Wayne

Chris Bridge must have failed his fitness test, still enough room for 7 Warrington players in the starting 13. Still, if the fans are happy enough to continue giving their backing why not go the whole hog and have 13 of them?

Same old same old. 

At least some of us were there to count the players in person and witness an improved performance from dual reg and "full" Swinton players alike, albeit against a weak Hunslet outfit.  Still too many pealties and unforced error that will be punished by stronger teams.

Well played to all and a win is a win.  I'm glad I was there to see it.

Still dodging the questions I see.

Same old negative rubbish. Please stay away!

how many wire players scored today Phil? As usual you argument is transparent

In Tenerife so missed it and gutted for missing such a good result. I'm naturally pessimistic and feared the worst but credit where credit is due. Hopefully we can now kick on with a settled line up. So well played Swinton. I'm already looking forward to Sheffield!