Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

Don Valley Stadium rebuild, what's the latest?

11 posts in this topic

A couple of months ago plans were announced to revamp Don Valley into a rectangular stadium. Richard Caborn seemed very confident it was a goer, anyone heard anything?

A couple of months ago plans were announced to revamp Don Valley into a rectangular stadium. Richard Caborn seemed very confident it was a goer, anyone heard anything?

I thought that it had been announced that plans to look at plans for possible development were in the planning stage.........

It might be worth a few clubs trying to do a Fev and take some of the stands to rebuild at their own grounds.

It might be worth a few clubs trying to do a Fev and take some of the stands to rebuild at their own grounds.

Floodlights and fittings, maybe, but the stands themselves are concrete. They're not prefab like Scarborough's.

Hopefully both Sheffield n York get new stadiums up and running within the next few years need all kind of pro clubs to hav good stadiums and facilities

I actually like the main stand at Don Valley. It's just a shame it's nowhere near the pitch!

I actually like the main stand at Don Valley. It's just a shame it's nowhere near the pitch!

Could they not just move the pitch nearer the stand and knock the other ones down?

The stand is the problem. It needs a lot of repair work.

So - no.

In answer tom the original question, it's all gone quiet for now.

Chances of the Eagles being in a shiny new rectangular stadium in 2015 - who knows? I'm not holding my breath.