Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

Catalan sign Elliot Whitehead

14 posts in this topic

Interesting to see any details of this deal. Glad it's sorted and good luck to him, a great club to join.

Catalan Dragons have agreed a deal with Bradford Bulls to sign Elliot Whitehead.

“It's a really good news for the end of the season because Elliot will bring enthusiasm and competition into the squad but also for the future because he is a young quality player," said Dragons head coach Laurent Frayssinous.

“Elliot is a Super League rising star. He shares our project and our ambitions and his determination to join the club strengthen our choice to sign him."

Click here to view the article

Good move for him, I reckon. Decided to post on this thread rather than the needless League Express duplicate.

Very surprised at this, first Elliot going over to play in France and also the fact of the dragons going for him given there pretty strong in the backrow already hopefully dosent effect Garcias gametime n development, got very good potential tho good signing

A while back I read something coming out of Auckland regarding NZ Warriors and the composition of their roster. It said that the NRL club had their best seasons when they fielded a strong nucleus of Aussies. It made me reflect on how the Catalans might evolve especially with the diminishing Australian scene. The arrival of Pryce and now Whitehead could be the way forward.To be genuine contenders for silverware may be they'll always have to look at 4/5 blokes from across the Channel.

Interesting revelation at today's game, I sit in the section of the stand where player's families sit and one told me Elliott asked to be released at the end of the season.

Francis Cummins is starting to lose the plot,

"At times some people were dishonest and that’s hard to take."

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/10503080.Bradford_Bulls_boss_Cummins_on_warpath_after_defeat_to_Widnes/

I thought the team underperformed badly in the second half yesterday, but I didn't see anybody not trying.

Yes, curious comment that. I wonder if he was referring to either of Blyth and Donaldson after he hooked them both off together in the second half. Up to that point I thought both were having cracking games.