Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Historical value

OA arl rip

481 posts in this topic

And if it's as likely that 30% of the membership do want to debate it now, then it would be directly opposing the controlling body's (RFL) wishes.

So if we have the desired 30% against summer rugby then why aren't we having the debate now? Or is it because we don't actually have the 30% but a vocal minority? ;)

So if we have the desired 30% against summer rugby then why aren't we having the debate now? Or is it because we don't actually have the 30% but a vocal minority? ;)

I'd expect a small thing like due process Pom Pom

Not if 30% of the membership wanted to debate it now .

The introduction of a 3rd division will make it harder to get 30%, simply because the teams in the new division will bend over backwards for being allowed to join the NCL ;)

I'd expect a small thing like due proccess Pom Pom

Then what's the point in sabre rattling now?

Then what's the point in sabre rattling now?

Every due process has a starting point Pom Pom

The introduction of a 3rd division will make it harder to get 30%, simply because the teams in the new division will bend over backwards for being allowed to join the NCL ;)

Or maybe they actually like summer rugby, you have a very low opionion of other teams implying they cant have their own opionion.

If NCL clubs want to change back to Winter they have to do it at meeting, maybe you could mention it at the next meeeting , oh no i forgot your not in the NCL but still try and push winter down its throat

Or maybe they actually like summer rugby, you have a very low opionion of other teams implying they cant have their own opionion.

If NCL clubs want to change back to Winter they have to do it at meeting, maybe you could mention it at the next meeeting , oh no i forgot your not in the NCL but still try and push winter down its throat

I'm not trying to push any season down anyone's throat, but even YOU have to admit the problems I stated a couple of years ago with summer rugby have been showing their ugly heads and it didn't take the 3 to 5 years I thought it would.

The next plan to beat off any return to summer by the RFL will be to offer the NCL clubs a funding source to accept dual registered players, this money & player incentive will be portrayed as a quick fix to solve the player and funding drain on match days that has been reported since the switch to summer.

I'm not trying to push any season down anyone's throat, but even YOU have to admit the problems I stated a couple of years ago with summer rugby have been showing their ugly heads and it didn't take the 3 to 5 years I thought it would.

The next plan to beat off any return to summer by the RFL will be to offer the NCL clubs a funding source to accept dual registered players, this money & player incentive will be portrayed as a quick fix to solve the player and funding drain on match days that has been reported since the switch to summer.

Summer isnt perfect for teams but neither was winter i remember loads of problems but people just seem to forget about them now.

Personally i cant see how NCL clubs would vote dual reg in and as much as certain people on here think the RFL now run the NCL they dont and managment can recomend what they wish it doesnt mean it will be voted in.

Summer isnt perfect for teams but neither was winter i remember loads of problems but people just seem to forget about them now.

Personally i cant see how NCL clubs would vote dual reg in and as much as certain people on here think the RFL now run the NCL they dont and managment can recomend what they wish it doesnt mean it will be voted in.

Quite correct when you say summer isn't perfect and in the same sentence neither is winter, I feel however that you veer off track when you say that the RFL don't run the NCL.  

Quite correct when you say summer isn't perfect and in the same sentence neither is winter, I feel however that you veer off track when you say that the RFL don't run the NCL.  

I take it you believe the RFL run NCL can you expalin how becuase i was under the impression the management run the NCL after been instruced by the clubs

I take it you believe the RFL run NCL can you expalin how becuase i was under the impression the management run the NCL after been instruced by the clubs

You're quite right Cas. The NCL are run by their own elected Management Committee, and it is only our Administrator that is employed by the RFL (and has been for some time). If the Clubs don't want something, then they don't vote it in. Simple. It will be up to the clubs if they want to change how the NCL is run, and by whom.

You're quite right Cas. The NCL are run by their own elected Management Committee, and it is only our Administrator that is employed by the RFL (and has been for some time). If the Clubs don't want something, then they don't vote it in. Simple. It will be up to the clubs if they want to change how the NCL is run, and by whom.

Taken from the latest draft of the Operational rules that are looking to be passed come October 2013, so you might want to consider the following as it will have an impact........................

“Management   Groups”

means a body responsible for the operation of any relevant Competition, appointed by the Community Board;

“Memorandum of Understanding”

means the terms of reference signed by the relevant Competition and the RFL setting out the basis upon which that Competition shall be managed.

"Relevant Competition"

means a League or Competition which has signed up to abide by these Operational Rules and in which a Club participates;

"Community Board "

means the Board constituted pursuant to Article 79 of Articles of Association of the RFL (Governing Body) Limited;

A1:1     CLUBS

A1:1:1   All Clubs which participate in any Relevant Competition governed by these Operational Rules are deemed, by acceptance of the invitation, to be bound by the Operational Rules, the rules and regulations of any body of which the Relevant Competition is a member or affiliated with, the terms of any agreement entered into by the Management Groups with the RFL and the Laws of the Game and accept the jurisdiction of the Community Board. 

A1:4     DELEGATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES TO MANAGEMENT GROUPS

A1:4:1   The day to day running of the Relevant Competitions will be delegated to the relevant Management Groups.  The Management Group will have the power to make decisions consistent with these Operational Rules.  In the event of an issue falling outside of these rules the decision will be referred to the RFL Community Board.

A1:4:2   At all times the RFL will retain ultimate jurisdiction over the running of any Relevant Competition and shall maintain the right to impose sanction upon any Club or person subject to the Operational Rules at its own discretion.

A1:6     AMENDMENTS

A1:6:1   Any amendments to these Operational Rules shall be proposed and discussed by the Community Game Regulatory Group. The Community Board will have the overall control to approve any changes before being presented to the RFL Board.

B1:1     Administration

B1:1:1   The Management Groups shall be governed by the RFL under the terms of these Operational Rules.

C4          RELEVANT COMPETITION MANAGEMENT GROUP  

C4:1        The RFL shall appoint each Management Group to run the relevant Competition in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding. 

Yep seen those Operating Rules being distributed around. They'll okay come into play if the clubs votes them in

The NCLs existing OP Rules are fine at the moment so will probably stay in place

The RFL are trying (as far as I know) to implement standard rules to the various leagues/comps across the country all of which are members leagues and will only be implemented if the clubs vote them in

Again I agree with you Cassy, yes I do believe that the RFL run NCL. And a quick glance on Lord Charles' post will reinforce that opinion.

Yes it may be that the top table contains NCL officials alongside a posse of RFL officials and which gives the impression of command. However messrs Moran and Hunt are delivering the RFL strategies directly from the RFL Community Board, which in effect runs any league that is party to the MOU which for the near sighted, Lord Charles has so kindly posted.

Yep seen those Operating Rules being distributed around. They'll okay come into play if the clubs votes them in

The NCLs existing OP Rules are fine at the moment so will probably stay in place

The RFL are trying (as far as I know) to implement standard rules to the various leagues/comps across the country all of which are members leagues and will only be implemented if the clubs vote them in

Spidey

The clubs never saw the MOU yet it was signed by various Management groups and implemented, in doing so it circumvented any Leagues constitution by agreeing outside any AGM to adopt the RFL's Operational rules once ratified.

MOU Clause 3 : Adopt the RFL Community Game Operational Rules as and when approved by the RFL Community Board after consultation with the League

Regional League Constitution extract : Amendments or additions to the operational rules must be given in writing, be proposed and seconded by clubs who have been League members for at least one season, and be received by the League Secretary on or before the 1st Wednesday of November each year or at the discretion of the Committee. 

The Committee may also place proposals before the AGM. A majority of the Clubs present, and holding voting rights, is required to carry any proposals and/or amendments to the Operational Rules/Constitution.

So there is the issue, as the clubs don't need to see or have the opportunity to debate these operational rules because effectively the Management groups have in principle already agreed to them on behalf of the clubs through signing the MOU.

Anybody smell that coffee?

Pennine / barla winter conference could well become a reality. Especially now sue Taylor is in the barla chair

Pennine / barla winter conference could well become a reality. Especially now sue Taylor is in the barla chair

Pushing the Pennine title into a competition which would be looking to cover the nation would be a massive no no  (& Yes I do know that's the stumbling block why it didn't get off the ground not long ago) It would indicate that the Pennine are trying to take over the winter game and could even alienate even more winter clubs towards winter rugby.

The Cumbrian leagues haven't signed up to this as they have had quite a few issues with it, and I am led to believe refused to sign until they could send it out to their clubs to read before having a vote.

but, surely leagues still operate under their own competition rules? Up here we have all kinds of quirky bye-laws in our competitions which have been added over the years, clubs were told at a meeting that they would probably have to sign up to the operation rules once BARLA had agreed to do so. They also said that it would be the clubs who had the final say over the local competition rules if the operational rules are accepted.

If that is the case I can't see what the problem is, although I'm sure someone on here will point something out and slip a remark in about the RFL being the devil in disguise!!

The Cumbrian leagues haven't signed up to this as they have had quite a few issues with it, and I am led to believe refused to sign until they could send it out to their clubs to read before having a vote.

but, surely leagues still operate under their own competition rules? Up here we have all kinds of quirky bye-laws in our competitions which have been added over the years, clubs were told at a meeting that they would probably have to sign up to the operation rules once BARLA had agreed to do so. They also said that it would be the clubs who had the final say over the local competition rules if the operational rules are accepted.

If that is the case I can't see what the problem is, although I'm sure someone on here will point something out and slip a remark in about the RFL being the devil in disguise!!

BARLA is not signing up

Pushing the Pennine title into a competition which would be looking to cover the nation would be a massive no no  (& Yes I do know that's the stumbling block why it didn't get off the ground not long ago) It would indicate that the Pennine are trying to take over the winter game and could even alienate even more winter clubs towards winter rugby.

Should BARLA not have a more even spread from across the country in its management structure? A lot of people think its an organisation in Yorkshire ran by Yorkshire people for the benefit of Yorkshire clubs, the last BARLA AGM sort of adds fuel to this argument a bit with the appointments.

That said, I've never met Sue Taylor or Stuart Prior for that matter, so it will be interesting to see if shes in for the good of the game or flying the flag for the Pennine League.

I wonder if the dates for the National Cup will be looked at so its suitable for clubs to enter who don't play in winter??

Could be an interesting transitional period, but I doubt we will see any changes for the better in the immediate future

Winter rugby, starts in summer, finishes in summer.

Summer rugby starts in winter, finishes in winter.

Anyone remember the grand finals, been played on lovely summers days, play offs on nice late spring days. And then relaxing in the garden, or beer garden, doing a bit of painting round the ground, eagerly awaiting the next season. Over 100 years of winter competition, then some administrator, with a hidden agenda, producers a pamphlet showing the way forward, in summer. It was obvious then, it was gonna happen, yes we had votes, but most teams were scared that they would be left behind, I know I team that voted no, and that was the most successful team over the last 15 years. And how right they were. There revenue has being hammered, some of the best players in the ametur game disappeared, crowds halved, now somebody mentioned, the cost of beer, £2.90 a pint in the club, and 70p a can in the supermarket, the supermarkets don't run ncl teams, have clubs to run, gas electric, water, rates, kits, busses, training expenses,upkeep of the ground,to make it a safe pleasurable experience, when you visit. I still go to the match, but I don't want too but I don't want to let the ones that are left down. I have buissineses to run, and can't really get involved too much with a movement to scupper the RFL, but can we maybe start a movement, and call it the winter spring. If enough people show interest, I will reveal myself and help with the movement. And reserect the once great,winter game.

I've just been paying £1.30 a pint and £1.25 for any short in the Sgts mess @ Larkhill :)

And I wonder why it's so cheap, oh I've got it, they don't have to make a profit, but enjoy it you lads deserve it.

And I wonder why it's so cheap, oh I've got it, they don't have to make a profit, but enjoy it you lads deserve it.

I do, I left many moons ago :)

Should BARLA not have a more even spread from across the country in its management structure? A lot of people think its an organisation in Yorkshire ran by Yorkshire people for the benefit of Yorkshire clubs, the last BARLA AGM sort of adds fuel to this argument a bit with the appointments.

That said, I've never met Sue Taylor or Stuart Prior for that matter, so it will be interesting to see if shes in for the good of the game or flying the flag for the Pennine League.

I wonder if the dates for the National Cup will be looked at so its suitable for clubs to enter who don't play in winter??

Could be an interesting transitional period, but I doubt we will see any changes for the better in the immediate future

I've only met Sue a couple of times and she seemed aware of the problems and your saying because Sue got in because of Yorkshire, well from what I've heard the voting was very close.

Another reason for the introduction of summer rugby is that, in the south / west development areas, is that union players are. Courted to play league, thus bolstering the register. Would they field teams in winter.