Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mumby Magic

New Zealanders in Super League

82 posts in this topic

Seem to recall Doc Murray ending up at Warrington for a bit. Ended up at Chorley later on?

Sane season as Nigel Vagana was at Warrington, we had Tony Tatupu who only sticks in my mind for the fact that Eddie Hemmings in a commentary once referred to him as Tony Tatutu-pupu. Vague memories of him and Stevo descending into hysterics over that one.

Another one from pre-SL was Kelly Shelford. He was good.

The Warrington guardian claim Tony Tatupu as the Eric Cantona of the rugby world

Jason Cayless was brilliant for Saints in his first season with us in 2006, I think he was definitely one of the best props in the league that year.  He made us much tougher defensively and I doubt that we'd have had such a successful season without him.  It's a real pity that injuries marred the rest of his time with us as he'd quickly developed into one of our most important players as far as I'm concerned.

TV is Tongan.

True, but this is from his Wikipedia page.

Vaikona started playing rugby league when he was studying in Christchurch, New Zealand at Lincoln University.[1] He made the Junior Kiwis in 1994 and in 1994 Vaikona played for the Canterbury Country Cardinals in the Lion Red Cup and represented both Canterbury, New Zealand Universities and the New Zealand Residents.[

True, but this is from his Wikipedia page.

Vaikona started playing rugby league when he was studying in Christchurch, New Zealand at Lincoln University.[1] He made the Junior Kiwis in 1994 and in 1994 Vaikona played for the Canterbury Country Cardinals in the Lion Red Cup and represented both Canterbury, New Zealand Universities and the New Zealand Residents.[

The Warrington guardian claim Tony Tatupu as the Eric Cantona of the rugby world

So I believe, although I don't recall him kung fu kicking anyone in the crowd at the Fletcher Street end.

How can you have a top 5 when you list 6???

pedant...