Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marauder

Constitution advice.

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the workings of this question please.

A local group are writing their constitution and are looking for advice on the laws regarding the electing & removing of a trustee?

Cheers in advance.

Here's some model documents from the Charity Commission.  It's worthwhile getting a solicitor review of the documents though, shouldn't cost a fortune but is certainly better than finding a few years down the line that there's a problem.  You can do your own but it always has a little risk.

I'm asking because I don't think ours (Marauders) is a very good one.

I'm asking because I don't think ours (Marauders) is a very good one.

Ah, OK, here's a link to the Sport England templates page.  Template 11 has their model constitution but you can also adopt the rest as well.  If you're looking for CASC status at some point then adopting these can't do anything but help.

Does anyone know the workings of this question please.

A local group are writing their constitution and are looking for advice on the laws regarding the electing & removing of a trustee?

Cheers in advance.

Mararuder, does your local authority have officers who are responsible for working with community organisations, voluntary bodies, local charities etc? If yes, they should be able to help with templates, standard documents etc.