Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

haven away reaction

138 posts in this topic

Yep , poor old paddypingpong . The highs and deep lows of rugby . We were easy out DR 'd today .

how has no one mentioned paddy flynn. the guy was absolutely shocking, cost is at least 3 times. however good he was at leigh he was shocking today.

cant just blame flynn as most were shocking today. We had no go forward and so were always on the back foot allowing an average team time and space to kick for the corners.worst thing about today is we made them look good.

Paddy reminds me of mike whitehead - but whitehead is a lot better - looks a different man from a few weeks ago ?? Still yet to see anything decent come on duel reg I'm afraid

I'd still like to ask the coaches why we ' were out enthused ' . There's no excuse for that . You can be beaten by a better team but I don't like hearing words like enthused and commitment and basics . We've heard them before in to many away games .

I'm sorry but actually you can blame Flynn - he's come from widnes .. A full time side and has cost us 2 if not definitely 3 tries - yes if he's our player we can put an arm round him but he's there to strengthen us - if duel regers don't do that what's the point in having them - I'm no fan of calderwood but Christ !!!

Town fan 10 you say some things with merit and then some downright silly things . Mike Whitehead ??? And we'd have lost to Leigh but for Flynn and especially Briscoe . Watch the video , especially the last set of the game

That was a joke but there is a resemblance :) was impressed with clough for them today - plus a bench loaded with forwards no wonder we were out muscled - what was wrong with dowes ?

im sorry but you can blame flynn, yeah the other 16 were all bad but his errors were basic,costly and constant. the coach saying we were out enthused again? maybe just out coached?

Mmmm , its an easy out saying the same platitudes . But you can't play for them , catch the ball for them and defend for them .

You can instill an ethic but they've got to deliver their own enthusiasm and level of performance on the pitch , so some sympathy there .

But why the product often doesn't equate to the team sheet , answers on a postcard . Responsibility shared I guess . Yes errors hurt but win as a team lose as a team . When we win all do well and when we lose we're well off all across the paddock .

And Flynn got 2 tries and made yards everytime, granted he made 2 vital errors but he tried to make up for them

Best team won - no excuses. I think until JJP dropped a pass half way through the second half they hadn't made a mistake. Clough was superb for them, Rooney had a big say with his boot too, when will we learn to pressure him when he is gonna kick?

Flynn had a mare today but the lad tried to make up for it. The thing that surprised me was how we didn't scoot from dummy half, didn't try any off loads, and just looked a bit less up for it in general. 

Hope Briscoe ain't a long term injury as that was unlucky 12 mins in. But Millers try was superb he showed how good he is when he get's a chance, and Brett played well when he came on too.

We can be thankful for the BP today, and just move on as we can play much better than that. Was Walne injured or just dropped today?

One of my biggest disappointments today was our poor defence and dropping off tackles allowing the haven player to off-load.    On one occasion Matty had hold of Sice and screaming for another player to come and help.   On another occasion they broke through some weak tackles in midfield and I don't know how many times we looked to have stopped their movement only for the player to be able to offload.

Anyhow that's our "Whitehaven season" over for us this time lets concentrate now on the other season against all the other teams we have left to play.

my god high noon shoot out ,the wreck was an absolute morgue today.

thought town fans were superb singing for the full 80.

haven done enough to win ,we didnt make it hard enough for them,they were the best of two bad teams.

U cant just blame one player (paddy) u play as a team u win as a team n u also lose as a team not just one man he did co ck up a few times but on the other hand he scored two tries from them trys we got a b p soooo we have to take it on chin n move on unlucky town we will bounce back

UP THE TOWN

Well we were very poor today 1-17, were as havens 1-17 played well, no excuses from me haven were the best team by far,well played, there young fullback was MOM for me looks a good prospect. Its always hard to take when your beat by ye neighbours but we were simply not at the races today and we must now move on and focus on the rest of the season.

The seven straight victorys have been great, but it had to end sometime, can we really complain about there celebrations at the end, they have waited a long time, enjoy your win haven you deserved it today.

I've always rated Clough ... Typical Nathan Brown reading of a player

Anyone know about briscoe how long he gona be out maybe 4 / 8 week I wud say

Well we were very poor today 1-17, were as havens 1-17 played well, no excuses from me haven were the best team by far,well played, there young fullback was MOM for me looks a good prospect. Its always hard to take when your beat by ye neighbours but we were simply not at the races today and we must now move on and focus on the rest of the season.

The seven straight victorys have been great, but it had to end sometime, can we really complain about there celebrations at the end, they have waited a long time, enjoy your win haven you deserved it today.

i thought they were the best of two bad teams ;)

Cant believe how poor we were today. We made them look good with a letharhic show. I cant pick a good performer out we just wernt up for it simple as that. Only posotive is we were so bad and still got a BP.

a bonus point from that game is like three points,we were awful ,yet they still couldnt deny us a B.P., ive seen more life in Salterbeck Cemetery than that place today haven fans non existant again ,till the 81minute lol.

Ha ha yeah thought your starting hooker was gonna have a hernia at the end singing and jumping around ha ha he's that good none of us knew his name ha ha

None of you knew his name and he used to be on loan at Town...

Are you sure your fans

Best team won today we just didnt turn up , awful atmosphere not a peep from the haven fans well done all the Townies who stayed to the end and never stoppped singing. ;)

Yes of course the town fans knew his name , he was a handy player in the short while he was here .

Best team won today we just didnt turn up , awful atmosphere not a peep from the haven fans well done all the Townies who stayed to the end and never stoppped singing. ;)

great display by the fans ,pity the team let us down lol.

You gotta laugh when you hear a jampot fan shouting "come on widnes" after we scored the first try. I take it them saints players are on a season long loans and not DR lol