Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

fev away. team and predictions

260 posts in this topic

If Calders is fit put him back in and keep Connor and Mossop in the centres . No more forwards in the centres , especially our best .

If we get anything here it'll be nye on the best result in years n years

Carter mossopp miller connor calders lupton phillips dowes matty stack phillips olstrum - thackaray walne acton shackley. i just think it is time to try miller at centre he has the pace and strength i think we badly need in our centres??

To be fair bar taking tap penalties up there isn't a lot of difference as to how much ball our centre/ second rows get - that left hand side is a real problem for us defensively and no matter who plays there we seem to concede- just sures it up for me in a game where I'd be very surprised if we kept it under 40 points -

Fair point Abu . One in he should see at least some more ball and we need more strike there . Often wasted out on the flank . Centre or full back even if you shifted around . We could do with getting more out of such a weapon anyhow .

i thought cravens kicking game was good enough to warrant a call back to play alongside callum. outside backs i would have big red inside mossop and connor inside miller. our wide men dont get much ball so i would pick the 4 strongest in defence as possible.

Just looking at both our centres they to my mind are both good on defence, but lack that wee bit of pace that we seem to lack in the middle of the pitch???.

I hope Red is ok to return and hopefully Briscoe got some better news to . Whatever combos they need good sharp service to get the best from them and a guy like Craven could maybe give that , as I'm sure he'll have learnt a good passing game to . Our passing to the edges is often painful and not sure it would be easy for any back to flourish ! Guys like Brett n Elliott do it out of individual brilliance

I just get frustrated at the lack of attacking ideas when we get to our opponents ten yard line, we dont seem to use any dummy runners or run arounds, just seems every time on the last tackle along the line and a kick to the corner.Now i know you have to have a game plan, but would just like to see a bit more freedom to try there own thing now and again.

The away game at Sheffield has been arranged for a Wednesday night (30th July) due to their stadium not being available at weekends. Absolute joke, I reckon we'll be struggling to put a team out.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/workington-town-s-sheffield-fixture-switched-1.1065793?referrerPath=sport/town

Awesome.......so thats Batley away on the 28th, Sheff away on the 30th, then Feath at home on the 4th.....FFS

The away game at Sheffield has been arranged for a Wednesday night (30th July) due to their stadium not being available at weekends. Absolute joke, I reckon we'll be struggling to put a team out.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/town/workington-town-s-sheffield-fixture-switched-1.1065793?referrerPath=sport/town

That's what it said in the paper BUT Sheffield are at home to London Broncos in the Challenge Cup on the Friday evening, 12th July.   Sheffield have been playing most of their matches on a Friday evening since it was announced that they are to demolish DVS.

It'll be fascinating where we are in the league come the end of August 4th . If we're in a similar position to now we'll be doing mighty well and will have broken the back of the season . In fact I'll take having our head above water .

the good news is that all our home games are more than winnable, and barrow away shoud be 3 points. if they go to plan then we should be safe with plenty to spare.

well lawton is playing sunday as hes training tonight. not sure who misses out for the big lad, maybe rest shacks as hes played every game recently. paddy flynn is also playing i think.

Cheers wonky

I note that Craven has made it back into the Widnes 19.

Vikings from: Ah Van, Allen, Brown, Clarke, Craven, Gerrard, Hanbury, Hock, Isa, Joseph, Kavanagh, Leuluai, Marsh, Mellor, O'Carroll, Owens, Phelps, Pickersgill, Winterstein.

Still no place for Flynn.

Karl Olstrum has been charged as follows:

15.1(a) Detail – Punching Grade B with the Range of Recommended Sanctions in relation to Charged Grade*1-2.

Thus, with an early guilty plea he should only miss one match.

Olstrum used an early guilty plea in september last year for punching against ,you guess it Whitehaven.so he can't use one for 12 months

Just use the ' I don't like them and cant help myself ,please let me off defence ' Karl lad .

Olstrum used an early guilty plea in september last year for punching against ,you guess it Whitehaven.so he can't use one for 12 months

Sorry, missed it when I looked at the Disciplinary records. Looks like he will miss both the Dewsbury and Swinton game, a pity.

I would have thought sending off sufficient could have done. He hardly touched him.

Taking 50 tackles , 20 runs , plenty of yards and a few line bursts out for two vital games , so a pretty costly punch . We have plenty of forward cover , but Karl is a miss . If Craven is available for those two games it means Lupton can go to 13 and the pill is sweetened a fair bit .

Craverns no better than forber from what I've seen for us so why don't we not just stick with what we've got ?

Craverns no better than forber from what I've seen for us so why don't we not just stick with what we've got ?

You missed the keighly game then i take it.