Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

fev away. team and predictions

260 posts in this topic

Ha it's like a school playground on this forum! God for bid if anyone has an opinion which bucks the trend !

It's not that you buck the trend, it's more that your opinions are bucking idiotic.

Ha it's like a school playground on this forum! God for bid if anyone has an opinion which bucks the trend !

From what you've seen Widnesrlfc do you think Flynn has a career ahead in SL or is he destined for a good Championship level club ?

I'm don't doubt cravEN is a good player in a settled team mate - but bringing a stand off in for one session and a game isn't enough at this level which has shown - your halves more so than anyone need to be comfortable playing in a TEAM a comfort which comes from TRAINING TOGETHER and yes you guessed it PLAYING TOGETHER! Paddy had a decent game versus Lehigh and to be fair did ok in the 2nd half versus haven - I'm led to believe they are giving him a second shot this week - so here's hoping he shows what he's made of. I not knocking any of the widnes lads who have played for us were using DR right by giving young lads game time BUT they aren't good enough to dis-place anything we have in my OPINION!

It's not that you buck the trend, it's more that your opinions are bucking idiotic.

Ha good one ... Are they ? We will see won't we

Hense the question mark - to think somebody wanted to throw Elliot miller into the centres this week as apposed to my option of stack - nice baptism for him against mellars Lockwood bostock -

Just to put HAVEN10 right LUPTON is not injured.

also to put havenfan10 right flynn was outstanding against leigh as you would have known if you were there.

Hense the question mark - to think somebody wanted to throw Elliot miller into the centres this week as apposed to my option of stack - nice baptism for him against mellars Lockwood bostock -

Bostocks an impact forward only Elliot would do a great job at centre he's a fast strong lad so why not??

Yeh Flynn was outstanding while he was out standing on the wing . Whoever gets put wherever lets get some more wins on the board with our winnable games and try and get the odd bonus point in the tough ones . There's still lots of work to be done . We'll get behind the lads to get it done

Yep, wing to centre is so crazier than 2nd row to centre.

From what you've seen Widnesrlfc do you think Flynn has a career ahead in SL or is he destined for a good Championship level club ?

On a honest opinion Flynn can have some very good games then has a few bad ones.On his day he can finish try's and take high balls comfortably.I think his defence lets him down and I can not see much of a future at Widnes because not learning from his mistakes.I feel will be a decent Championship winger mate and Widnes will recruit a place next season.We are slowly progressing in Superleague and want to get in the top 8 in t near future.Flynn is not a winger for our next level but I feel will do a good job at Workington and no disrespect.Anyway got any players for Widnes?

Flynn gets the rough end of the stick at Widnes. Defence is a team effort and when you have your half back  and your centre wandering off in the middle of the park , leaving your winger two and sometimes three on one and then blast him for making a decision is just wrong and very blinkered

The high ball is never easy to take and we sometimes have a go at the lad underneath it instead of applauding how great the bomb was. A spiral is a skill that has become more and more prevelant in the game and one that is drastically underestimated. 

It won Saints a challenge cup!!!! ;) Paddy is still only young and I would take him against Miller,Calderwood or anyone else Workington wished to put on the wing.

Our good players are no secret . It seems that SL teams want young players with raw talent they can mould and develop in a pro environment . They want a good investment . I would say the Phillips brothers , Miller and Acton fit that bill , but it's a lot easier saying who's gonna fit in the Championship from SL than the other way round ! But those guys have what it takes . And we need them more than you or any SL team !! You can't begrudge lads opportunities , but we're hopefully building a side . And as I say , there are no secrets nowadays regarding good players , everyone who's good has been noticed . And by better clubs than Widnes !!

Is he? Outstanding? Really ? After the 2nd minute last week I didn't see him do anything - but then that's the same with any of our duel reg this season - summed up by flynns performance, I'm sorry but we should just go with what we have - the players from widnes have brought nothing to us this season and only should be brought in when were low on numbers - we will feel the brunt of this late in the season when forber / calders et all have ######ed off and we have no one left

I agree with you up to a point, if our DR players are no better than what we have then why upset team morale by bringing them in. I do think Paddy Flynn is better than Calders, he had a mare last week I know, but every player has one of them now and then. Briscoe also is a class act and it was a pity we lost him so early last week.

havens two DR players won the game for them last week as far as I'm concerned, we just haven't had that type of match winning performance from our guest players. it was interesting to hear hunslet fans blaming last weeks defeat on their lack of DR players, Barrow wll probably go down because they dont use them, it's a complete joke.

Best of luck to the boys tomorrow, we are more than capable of getting a bonus polnt, it all depends which Fev team turns up.

Tbh fober is a good player started the season well then doesn't get picked for a while them thrown in the deep end against Batley if we want to see the best off our players we need to see them regular and we need settled half backs we won't do well if we don't half them

Flynn gets the rough end of the stick at Widnes. Defence is a team effort and when you have your half back and your centre wandering off in the middle of the park , leaving your winger two and sometimes three on one and then blast him for making a decision is just wrong and very blinkered

The high ball is never easy to take and we sometimes have a go at the lad underneath it instead of applauding how great the bomb was. A spiral is a skill that has become more and more prevelant in the game and one that is drastically underestimated.

It won Saints a challenge cup!!!! ;) Paddy is still only young and I would take him against Miller,Calderwood or anyone else Workington wished to put on the wing.

im sorry, you usually talk a lot of sense but ell miller is better than flynn in every aspect of the game, hes better under the bomb, faster by a long way, solid in defense and has the ability to score from anywhere on the pitch.

im sorry, you usually talk a lot of sense but ell miller is better than flynn in every aspect of the game, hes better under the bomb, faster by a long way, solid in defense and has the ability to score from anywhere on the pitch.

Absolutely!

Having ad a crac with what i would call real rugbe men most seem to think it would be a good idea to give Miller a go at centre.Now i have heard that the will be a few surprise.s today we will have to wait and see?Thackary has been rested for today

Elliot has yet to prove his worth at the top level . Granted he was a try scoring machine last year but hey ho that was at champ one level . Know I'm not for one minute suggesting that he couldn't make the step up but on what I have seen this year of both miller and Flynn I still have the same opinion .I hope I eat my words and he starts to produce the same devastating performance you seen last year. As for DR , well I would really ask questions of my squad if players can be drafted in from a club languishing in the bottom of SL and who haven't had a lot of game time due to injury or non selection and then not train with a team and be expected to shine in a workington side ?? Cough , Swift & Hand will shine at Haven because they are poor and them three , especially Clough are high calibre players which would get a place in Widnes first team . You all need to be realistic on what is available

Having ad a crac with what i would call real rugbe men most seem to think it would be a good idea to give Miller a go at centre.Now i have heard that the will be a few surprise.s today we will have to wait and see?Thackary has been rested for today

Miller at fullback ? I know Hulme is playing and I believe Lawton and Flynn where up on Thursday

Ha ha are these "real rugby men" the same who think Connors a 6 ? I still persist with playing stack at centre for TODAY wouldn't be a bad shout and would sure us up - but there's one thing or sure it's a lot easier moving from second row to centre than from the wing to centre - especially AWAY at Fev!!! I'm totally against DR - however some teams are surviving on the back of it or not in SWintons case - and I'd like to see how good Donny / York are when you take away their 3/4 they get every week - Hunslet too - if we win the winnable home games coming up we will comfortably stay up in the league - to be fair without the help of DR as many teams have - the thing with the players others get they seem to influence the game more then our guests from widnes, so we've done well in that respect . It just grates on me when we leave our own players out to accommodate these players who everyone thinks are wonderful when in truth they bring little to the team . Next year I guess the rules will change - but Salford would defo be a good shout if we want to go down the route of using duel reg again ....