Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

fev away. team and predictions

260 posts in this topic

What they do or don't do today isn't worth an argument either way . They're better than us . We need six points from the next two games most definitely . Anything less with our fixtures ahead is pretty worrying .

im sorry, you usually talk a lot of sense but ell miller is better than flynn in every aspect of the game, hes better under the bomb, faster by a long way, solid in defense and has the ability to score from anywhere on the pitch.

How do you know?Been every Widnes game that Flynn has played in mate?Usually even at Superleague level he catches a high ball well.It is his straying out of position that has let him down in the past.

Yeah being realistic your probably right - but Doncaster won there ? I think we made he mistake of "saving" players in the Batley cup game for the next week against haven - and not expecting much in mind set as long as they beat Whitehaven - but next week never came.

How do you know?Been every Widnes game that Flynn has played in mate?Usually even at Superleague level he catches a high ball well.It is his straying out of position that has let him down in the past.

Last weeks DVD is all that needs to be said about that I'm afraid mate

If Hulme and Flynn I think the team will be something like this. If no Hulme, Connor at centre.

1 Carter

2 Miller

3 Mossop

4 Hulme/Connor

5 Flynn

6 Lupton

7 Phillips

8 Dowes

9 Mattinson

10 Coward

11 Phillips

12 Stack

13 Olstrum

Bench

Walne

Robinson

Morris

Lawton

HA HA yes i was talking to real TOWN supporters not a HAVEN fan that comes on here pretending to be a TOWN fan.

Elliot has yet to prove his worth at the top level . Granted he was a try scoring machine last year but hey ho that was at champ one level . Know I'm not for one minute suggesting that he couldn't make the step up but on what I have seen this year of both miller and Flynn I still have the same opinion .I hope I eat my words and he starts to produce the same devastating performance you seen last year. As for DR , well I would really ask questions of my squad if players can be drafted in from a club languishing in the bottom of SL and who haven't had a lot of game time due to injury or non selection and then not train with a team and be expected to shine in a workington side ?? Cough , Swift & Hand will shine at Haven because they are poor and them three , especially Clough are high calibre players which would get a place in Widnes first team . You all need to be realistic on what is available

that poor team as you call them are 6th in the league mate,stick to SL if i were you

that poor team as you call them are 6th in the league mate,stick to SL if i were you

That's a pretty big bite H4E !!! Calm down pal you'll be having a bad doo. Remind me again on your thoughts on dual reg now Haven are getting a few Saints in your team every week? I'd imagine with the likes of Clough in the side you will be refusing to watch them will you?

You are a poor team without the inclusion of Some of the DR Lads I have had the misfortune of watching you lot on numerous occasions this year and on every occasion it's the DR Lads which have held you up I can't say the same about Workington who haven't had the same impact (apart from Leigh) through DR but I suppose that is the difference between being paired with WIDNES & SAINTS . I just go and get my discorger to get that hook from down your gillet MR 6th in the league

If Hulme and Flynn I think the team will be something like this. If no Hulme, Connor at centre.

1 Carter

2 Miller

3 Mossop

4 Hulme/Connor

5 Flynn

6 Lupton

7 Phillips

8 Dowes

9 Mattinson

10 Coward

11 Phillips

12 Stack

13 Olstrum

Bench

Walne

Robinson

Morris

Lawton

No carter today so I would suppose Miller will play fullback

You are a poor team without the inclusion of Some of the DR Lads I have had the misfortune of watching you lot on numerous occasions this year and on every occasion it's the DR Lads which have held you up I can't say the same about Workington who haven't had the same impact (apart from Leigh) through DR but I suppose that is the difference between being paired with WIDNES & SAINTS . I just go and get my discorger to get that hook from down your gillet MR 6th in the league

without any DR and rooney we beat sheffeild,and without DR have beaten several teams this year so we cant be that bad

7-1 that also adds to 6 too!! Why don't u go on ur own fans tripe page and sniff pants

oh dear still not over it are we

Ha ha are these "real rugby men" the same who think Connors a 6 ? I still persist with playing stack at centre for TODAY wouldn't be a bad shout and would sure us up - but there's one thing or sure it's a lot easier moving from second row to centre than from the wing to centre - especially AWAY at Fev!!! I'm totally against DR - however some teams are surviving on the back of it or not in SWintons case - and I'd like to see how good Donny / York are when you take away their 3/4 they get every week - Hunslet too - if we win the winnable home games coming up we will comfortably stay up in the league - to be fair without the help of DR as many teams have - the thing with the players others get they seem to influence the game more then our guests from widnes, so we've done well in that respect . It just grates on me when we leave our own players out to accommodate these players who everyone thinks are wonderful when in truth they bring little to the team . Next year I guess the rules will change - but Salford would defo be a good shout if we want to go down the route of using duel reg again ....

It's only the workington fans on here who expect wonderful things from SL players who come on DR . In truth most of these players are either squad players or young lads trying to get a footing in the game but I understand that they should only get a place in the side if they offer more than what is already available and I think Charlo has selected on that basis this year and not let anyone dictate to him so fair play

That's a pretty big bite H4E !!! Calm down pal you'll be having a bad doo. Remind me again on your thoughts on dual reg now Haven are getting a few Saints in your team every week? I'd imagine with the likes of Clough in the side you will be refusing to watch them will you?

my veiws on DR have not changed since day one unlike some on here whos views change depending on how town use it.The rules as they are ,are wrong and briers,gardner,moore,briscoe etc should not be playing for championship teams under DR,i have said that all along.But clubs are just pushing the rules and the only people who seem suprised by this are the RFL

without any DR and rooney we beat sheffeild,and without DR have beaten several teams this year so we cant be that bad

Haven are now heavily reliant on DR. Town can do without if they have to and have ample cover. Yet again H4E I will remind you that you beat an eagles team that only had two days rest after a game before making the journey up to west cumbria.

I dont know why that jam fan keeps on about brisco ,he is a town player and was not classed as a WIDNES first team player this year,the same as gardener clough briers morley ?.

So we can chalk Havens win at Keighley off as Gardner was playing and he shouldn't have according to H4E.

IMO in no way is Clough a DR player. Anyone that has played SL more than 25 times isn't, so Swift for example is ok.

how are we heaviy reliant on DR, in lots of games we have used none and when we have used them its been mainly jordan hand alone.Only in the cup at london and last week we used 3, as for you been okay without them,well both briscoe and flyn were DR against leigh a game you would not have won without them.Again T4M another change of mind on DR depending on how town use it,or and of course because of how poor some of them are

Haven are now heavily reliant on DR. Town can do without if they have to and have ample cover. Yet again H4E I will remind you that you beat an eagles team that only had two days rest after a game before making the journey up to west cumbria.

eagles played on good friday just like us, rested 5 players on good friday and even you said they short turn around would make no difference as they would still hammer us

eagles played on good friday just like us, rested 5 players on good friday and even you said they short turn around would make no difference as they would still hammer us

H4E, you were the first to mention that because Sheffield were on a quick change round and the long journey to Haven you would never have a better chance to beat them.    When town4me repeated this you jumped on him, just like you do over a remark puppetmaster made about Town being the worlds greatest team and that also seems to be now credited to Town fans.

Anyhow this thread is about todays game not Haven!!!!

who did we beat on Good Friday?