Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boxhead

Gareth Widdop injured

22 posts in this topic

Yeh, it seems Maggie and I saw this too and posted simultaneously on separate threads.

Big problem if it's as bad as first feared. Hopefully this could work in our favour and he gets right just in time and he's fresh, but forget about that for the time being and fingers crossed for the lad.

Chris Lawrence dislocated his hip for the West Tigers and was out for 3 months when he did his.

hear hear Hindle XIII

Yeh, it seems Maggie and I saw this too and posted simultaneously on separate threads.

Big problem if it's as bad as first feared. Hopefully this could work in our favour and he gets right just in time and he's fresh, but forget about that for the time being and fingers crossed for the lad.

I hope its only a minor injury and not a dislocation.

England need Widdop if they are to challenge for the WC imo.

I hope its only a minor injury and not a dislocation.

England need Widdop if they are to challenge for the WC imo.

I agree. If Brough isn't playing Widdop is a must for any chance of winning.

Mcanamara's not having much luck is he on his trip over that's George banned for 2 games Graham injured in the doggies game and now widdop seriously injured.

I think he should just head home before he does any more damage :)

Mcanamara's not having much luck is he on his trip over that's George banned for 2 games Graham injured in the doggies game and now widdop seriously injured.

I think he should just head home before he does any more damage :)

I think he's there to make sure he can just use the squad he's already been using mid season!

bad for gareth but does'nt really effect englands world cup hopes cos mcbanana would'nt have selected him in a 17 anyway.

Craig Bellamy on Gareth Widdop - "He won't play again this season, that's the best case scinareo." Huge blow for England.

He only gets 15mins anyway even though he plays for the best club team in the world so what's the problem. But its ok we still have rangi and sinfield

[typical fan mode] A one-legged Widdop is better than Sinfield. [/typical fan mode]

Wid-hop. :ph34r:

Just seen the highlights, it looked very painful.

McNamara will be pleased, with Brough going to Scotland and Widdop injured we'll get to the stage where his first choice half backs end u being agreeable to the majority of fans!

Hope Widdop can get back ASAP tho, sounds a nasty injury.

Macnamaras decision to freeze Brough out looks better and better every week, NOT!

I've read this morning it's a straight disclocation so there's a chance he could be back for the Play-Offs and hopefully the World Cup.

as I have posted elsewhere, I must say, unfortunately, having Gareth Widdop  out for the season  to me means the Poms' chances of winning the RLWC have dived big time: you have top forwards and good outside backs but your halves are ordinary  ( No 1 halfback pick is now a kiwi: Rangi Chase, who's ordinary!)

Sorry, i want the Poms to win, but Widdop injury is a huge loss ...

Widdop confirmed he'll be back for the finals, and will be available for the RLWC