Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy_merged

Liam Sutcliffe - I'm hearing he's the real deal

20 posts in this topic

The next Terry Holmes according to Stevo. I haven't seen him play can someone well versed give me a run down on this lad.

The next Terry Holmes according to Stevo. I haven't seen him play can someone well versed give me a run down on this lad.

Terry Holmes or John Holmes?

You say To-may-to I say To-mah-to

Closer in playing style to John Holmes than Terry Holmes.

He definitley has something special about him, one of those rare players that have more time than anyone else.

Good player, quick on his feet for a big lad and has a nice step I just hope as he fills out more they don't force him I to the loose forward role would be an excellent stand off in years to come. Let's have this chat again in another season or two when hopefully he has fulfilled his undoubted potential.

Its wrong to compare the kid with anyone star from the past.Too much pressure on the lad

Good player, quick on his feet for a big lad and has a nice step I just hope as he fills out more they don't force him I to the loose forward role would be an excellent stand off in years to come. Let's have this chat again in another season or two when hopefully he has fulfilled his undoubted potential.

Agreed, still a bit raw, but very much a rough diamond.

2 more tries today taking his tally to 5 from 7 games (4 starts)

I'd like to see him stay at 6 all year now personally.

even better than john holmes he reminds of the great mick shoebottom

Stevie Ward has been talked up for years and is very good. Sutcliffe is younger and has taken his opportunity brilliantly though. For an 18 year old to be doing what he is in such an influential role, it doesn't happen often.

Leeds could be very lucky with a decade ago McGuire and Burrow coming through at the same time and now Sutcliffe and Ward. You can build around them and the back line is still young enough to have a good 10 years (5 for Hall and Moon) ahead of them if we keep them.

It's just the forwards we need to build on now. Peacock on Leuluai only have a year in them but Singleton looks good and Baldwinson's made an impressive debut a couple of weeks back and is the England young 'uns captain.

Stevie Ward has been talked up for years and is very good. Sutcliffe is younger and has taken his opportunity brilliantly though. For an 18 year old to be doing what he is in such an influential role, it doesn't happen often.

Leeds could be very lucky with a decade ago McGuire and Burrow coming through at the same time and now Sutcliffe and Ward. You can build around them and the back line is still young enough to have a good 10 years (5 for Hall and Moon) ahead of them if we keep them.

It's just the forwards we need to build on now. Peacock on Leuluai only have a year in them but Singleton looks good and Baldwinson's made an impressive debut a couple of weeks back and is the England young 'uns captain.

NZ Warriors are apparently after him which is worrying from our point of view. From a selfish point of view I hope he stays and establishes himself with us but I guess we'll see!

NZ Warriors are apparently after him which is worrying from our point of view. From a selfish point of view I hope he stays and establishes himself with us but I guess we'll see!

Foster and Baldwinson have been picked up by NZ warriors apparently

Foster and Baldwinson have been picked up by NZ warriors apparently

Yeah they announced the signings about a month ago :ph34r:

Not Alex Foster but it is Mason Tonks who has signed for NZ Warriors along with Jordan Baldwinson.