Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

Greg Eden - Actually starting to look like the next Billy Slater

36 posts in this topic

Greg Eden has been excellent and it is no surprise that this has coincided with our best winning period this season. He is one of those attacking full backs, really elusive, great support game and can finish off a good move. He also sets up a lot of tries. Greg also chances his arm and does things no other player in our squad (maybe with the exception of Craig Hall) can do. He has a little of everything really. I don't like all this Billy Slater comparison rubbish, that isn't fair on him. He is coming along very nicely and I think Sandercock is doing a grand job with him. The local papers today are all about Eden proving his doubters wrong. I've only ever supported him and think he is turning into a very good player. Plenty of time yet though.

On a dark night, in a cave, during a power cut and with your eyes shut.

Thanks, I've now got the theme tune to Funnybones stuck in my head.

Ha, ha, apart from the obvious 3 or 4 youre aving a larf surely, Scott Grix, you nearly had me there.

Having watched a lot of Grix and Eden at full back in the last few years, I'd pick Grix.

He does a lot of little things very well, works hard for the team and is an outstanding defensive organiser.    He's by no means the best FB in the league, but he's a key player for Huddersfield and that's good enough for me.

Eden plays for himself.  He's very exciting to watch, but unless he matures into a more rounded player he'll remain one of the those who never fulfils their potential, leaving fans (but not coaches) wondering why he never gets picked for higher honours or transferred to a better team.

You can still smell the horrible black and white fans! :tongue:

It's the last time Batman asks you to do the rewiring.

The only way Greg Eden will start to look like the next Billy Slater is if he has plastic surgery.

You can still smell the horrible black and white fans! :tongue:

why pick on widnes??

why pick on widnes??

Logical choice really.